Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 12:21 am 

Hello all, i have been a member for a little while now but just never got around to doing this :) I am a BIG fan of anime and i ALWAYS loved Animetric from when Rowena had it and i think it's still amazing. I recently just got into Manga lol yes i'm a "little" behind everyone else when it comes to anime and manga but thats not becuz of passion thats mostly cuz of money and bills..etc..etc..lol..anyway HELLO!

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 1:06 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Better late than never, as they say! Another anime fan comes into the fold! I guess came into the fold, if you will :D

Welcome to the forum PrfsrSnapesAngel!

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 5:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I recently just got into Manga lol yes i'm a "little" behind everyone else when it comes to anime and manga

Don't worry, I've been into Anime for 16 years now and I still don't like Manga and comics in general (although there are a few particular titles that I like).
Welcome aboard.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 5:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
yes i'm a "little" behind everyone else when it comes to anime and manga but thats not becuz of passion thats mostly cuz of money and bills..etc..etc..lol..anyway HELLO!

I'm the same way too, but that's alright. I not into manga that much, because I like anime more and I have a poor attention span when it comes to reading (I have attention deficit disorder:p) Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 8:48 pm 

Lol thank you all :) yes since i'm behind in Anime i'm mostly stocking up on Geneon series because of the fact they went out of business. I got Saiyuki...love samurai 7..samurai champloo.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2008, 9:01 pm 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I got Saiyuki.

I don't want to sound negative, but Saiyuki is a terrible anime IMHO. I don't know about you, but I couldn't stand every minute of it. I had to watch it when I was in my anime club at my college, so I could watch the other series; which was an agonizing experience. The characters, plot, and fight scenes were bad and it's kinda yaoi-like, which I don't like yaoi at all. I'm sure you'll like better than I do, but look out for the things that I've mentioned.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 9:26 pm 

Lol actually i happen to like Yaoi...GojyoxHakkai forever :) yes i'm a yaoi fangirl lol

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 9:58 pm 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Lol actually i happen to like Yaoi...GojyoxHakkai forever :) yes i'm a yaoi fangirl lol

Well, I'm a yuri fanboy. So that pretty much makes us even. :D You'll REALLY enjoy watching Saiyuki then.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 12:27 am 

Gojira wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

Well, I'm a yuri fanboy. So that pretty much makes us even. :D You'll REALLY enjoy watching Saiyuki then.

Well actually only the first boxset is what i own..i rented the 2nd and 3rd box set and they suck!! the company changed VA's and i couldn't stand to listen to it anymore :)

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 4:03 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Gojira wrote:

Well actually only the first boxset is what i own..i rented the 2nd and 3rd box set and they suck!! the company changed VA's and i couldn't stand to listen to it anymore :)

Well to be a little more accurate, a different company licensed the second and third seasons (ADV did the first, Geneon did the second two) so they may have had a problem with getting the same cast as the first series had. They usually don't like to change up the voice cast if the first part of a series already has one established, unless there is some sort of problem which keeps them from achieving the same voice talent for the subsequent parts.

I haven't gotten to see the second or third seasons myself yet, but i have heard that the dubbing is worse then in in the first one, which I did like. If nothing else though, you can always watch it in Japanese. The voice cast, in that respect, is consistent the whole way through.