Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2008, 1:26 pm 
Newcomer

just saw ep 21, Saji aint shin thats for sure. however the biggest scene that made me go OMG is:
Spoiler
patrick landing a hit on lockon. chances are lockon is still alive but with heavy injuries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 7:55 am 
Major Contributor

Flame-X wrote:
just saw ep 21, Saji aint shin thats for sure. however the biggest scene that made me go OMG is:
[spoil]patrick landing a hit on lockon. chances are lockon is still alive but with heavy injuries.[/spoil]

Well it's too soon to say for sure but as I said, I think Sunrise knows better than to rehash that character type. Also, after watching this episode, I noticed that the Gundam pilots haven't really improved their battle tactics any (the only reason they managed to survive is because the Earth forces decided to attack using bad pilots like). If they had been fighting Graham or Ali inside those GN-equiped suits instead, they would have been done for.

Also it makes more sense now that Graham isn't going to be piloting a GN-equiped unit since his skills as a pilot is clearly far above any of the Gundam pilots, hence it would make the fights too easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 5th, 2008, 8:37 am 

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that the GN Drives were apparently given to the superpowers for profit. However given that the Chairman of the Linear Train corporation was killed there's still a chance for a diabolical plot.

I hope Lockon is still alive, it would truly be a shame to be killed by comic relief like Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 13th, 2008, 2:48 am 
Newcomer

gotta love Exia in kaoken mode :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2008, 7:36 am 
Major Contributor

Flame-X wrote:
gotta love Exia in kaoken mode :lol:

If I think about it, it's probably the only way that the meisters will have a chance against Graham in a GN-drive powered Flag (considering that Graham was able to defeat/tie with the meisters with just an Overflag)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2008, 8:00 am 

There has to be some kind of downside to the powerup. I can't believe that with the speed the Exia was moving there were no ill effects on Setsuna's body, the inertia dampeners can't be that effective or is this just going to be another case of superior technology saving the day.
Since Graham was already pushing past the limits of what his body can handle in his regular Overflag, what effect will the GN Drive have? Will it make his ride smoother or finish him off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2008, 11:52 am 
Newcomer

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! LOCKON!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2008, 10:33 am 
Major Contributor

Manic wrote:
There has to be some kind of downside to the powerup. I can't believe that with the speed the Exia was moving there were no ill effects on Setsuna's body, the inertia dampeners can't be that effective or is this just going to be another case of superior technology saving the day.
Since Graham was already pushing past the limits of what his body can handle in his regular Overflag, what effect will the GN Drive have? Will it make his ride smoother or finish him off?

I'm assuming that the GN drives have the ability to compensate for extreme G forces. After all, if a punk like Setsuna can pilot the Exia without any problems, then an experienced pilot like Graham should have no problem either.

Anyway, episode 23 was pretty good though the meisters' reactions to Lockon's death was a little more emo than I expected. Once again it shows the difference between soldiers and ordinarily punks. Still it kind figures that the most level-headed guy out of all the meisters would end up kicking the bucket first. Personally I hope Allelujah's dies before the series is over.

On the other hand, considering this is Sunrise and this is a Gundam series, I suppose it's very much possible that Lockon isn't dead after all. I mean we've seen Mwu La Flaga survive after the destruction of his Gundam in Seed and also Trowa survive after the Vayeate was destroyed by Quatre in Wing. So I wouldn't count out the possibility of Lockon returning as a masked commander for the opposing faction or with amnesia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2008, 11:21 pm 
Newcomer

This is a completely different gundam series, lets not bring up other series in comparison. Remember, 00 is being directed by the FMA director. It takes on a new level of Gundam with complex story and realism. Chances of bringing people back to life is ZERO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2008, 1:03 am 
Major Contributor

Flame-X wrote:
This is a completely different gundam series, lets not bring up other series in comparison. Remember, 00 is being directed by the FMA director. It takes on a new level of Gundam with complex story and realism. Chances of bringing people back to life is ZERO.

Complex story? So far there's not much of a story at all. Also it doesn't matter who the director is, a Gundam series is always designed as both entertainment and as a means of selling toys. Also in a Sunrise anime, there's always a chance that a character survives, as long as their death isn't definite (i.e. their death is not shown). This is the case with Lockon. Sure we assume he dies in the explosion but we never actually see his body being consumed by the explosion. Hence, Sunrise can still pull a fast one on us. Also the realism point is moot. Even in a series where important characters are killed off (i.e. Flay in SEED, Eristin in My-Otome), some still somehow survive impossible situations (i.e. Mwu in SEED, Aoi in My-Otome)

Also Gundam 00 realistic? Maybe in animation terms and the fact it's closer to modern times than any of the other Gundams. But very few of the fights in the series so far are very realistic. For instance, why didn't any of the carriers in episode 23 have any mobile suits to guard them after launching the GN-Xs? This is just one example of the countless stupid tactical blunders the Earth forces, and the Gundam meisters themselves make. What's common sense tactically speaking in real life, doesn't seem to take in Gundam 00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2008, 10:31 pm 

Well the circumstances in the show is realistic... for a Gundam. At least it gives that illusion, and I find it more 'realistic' so to say than like the SEED line.

At any rate, somehow I doubt Lockon is going to be coming back. There seems to be a time leap between the two seasons too. And well, we finally see the machine of the title. Nice to see that it has classic Gundam mouthpiece vents.

Post subject: Re: Gundam 00
PostPosted: May 31st, 2008, 12:13 am 

Ok, started re-watching this recently and going at a fairly slow place. Just finished episode 12 and I am a Gundam fan so I really wanted for this to be great. So far I would say it is pretty good and that is has plenty of potential.

The Gundam Meisters are pretty flawed in my opinion. Setsuna is ok, if you like the silent troubled type. Lockon is the best by far, for being down to earth and not emo or gay acting. Allelujah isn't bad either I guess but how the hell do you pilot anything with that much hair in your face! Tieria is so freaking emo and gay I can not stand him(more like her) but I do like the fact that his character doesn't seem to like any of the other crew members, since that can give a good plot twist later.

The Gundams all have been pretty cool in battle. Virtue I thought was the weakest(or my least favorite I should say) until, well Nadleeh. The others all have great qualities.

Plot is good, and I can tell that it will develop nicely over the rest of the series.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 1:05 am 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
The Gundams all have been pretty cool in battle. Virtue I thought was the weakest(or my least favorite I should say) until, well Nadleeh. The others all have great qualities.

Yeah, a transvestite Gundam probably won't make the top ten. :lol: (btw, in the Navajo language, "Nadleeh" means transvestite . . . ;))

zero_chaos wrote:
Plot is good, and I can tell that it will develop nicely over the rest of the series.

Unfortunately it doesn't really develop very well, especially after the Thrones show up. Gundam 00 falls into the trap of having too many characters and too little focus, which is further deprecated by the addition of the three Throne siblings.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 8:39 am 

I was particularly disappointed at the lack of explanation of the relationship between Alle/Halle and Soma. But somehow I think Alle is going to return as some badass eyepatch pilot, and maybe we'd get more explanation. Another gripe would be a lack of ITANO CIRCUS from the flags. All they ever do is fire their useless BB guns. I don't think I've seen those guns do any harm at all in the whole series. You still get to see the Tierens own some Anfs....

There were awesome fight scenes in the end, and a pretty lawl final fight from Graham. Lots of WAAAGH and AAARGH and they get straight to the point, lobbing limbs off upon first strike.

At the end, all I gotta say is that at least a faction didn't build a friggin moon laser only to have it hijacked.

I think the series can be easily 10x more awesome if the Gundams were portrayed as the antagonists, and Graham Acre was the main character. Graham's Anti-Gundam Squadron! And we'd probably have to remove the Thrones and make him less loco.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 6:22 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
Unfortunately it doesn't really develop very well, especially after the Thrones show up. Gundam 00 falls into the trap of having too many characters and too little focus, which is further deprecated by the addition of the three Throne siblings.

Yeah, just got to the episode when the Thrones show up. Not too happy about that since I was happy for two seconds and then disappointed forever.

I mean when Exia got saved I was like "Yay, a new Gundam". I mean I was just expecting another Gundam to show up.(4 isn't a good Gundam number to me...but 5, now that is a good Gundam number.) And then, more suits show up to save the day. And what is worst is that the Throne Pilots all seem just like the Gundam ones...just not as interesting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next