Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PHPBB3 Up and Running!
PostPosted: May 19th, 2008, 6:15 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I would have agreed with you before I installed it last time and I found myself using it all the time. Now I find it annoying not having the quick reply area. I like to use the actual reply feature when I need to use codes or do something fancy, if not I almost exclusively used the quick reply area before. It could be just me though... :(

PostPosted: May 19th, 2008, 7:00 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I would have agreed with you before I installed it last time and I found myself using it all the time. Now I find it annoying not having the quick reply area. I like to use the actual reply feature when I need to use codes or do something fancy, if not I almost exclusively used the quick reply area before. It could be just me though... :(

:lol:
I remember you saying the very same thing before.

I guess it's a matter of habit. The Quick Reply feature has hardly any value for me since I like editing my text with some code to make it more attractive, plus I always take a look at a preview of what I've written (to kill typos and stylistic sins), which would catapult me into the "normal" reply section anyway.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2008, 7:12 pm 
Resident Admin

42317 wrote:
:lol:
I remember you saying the very same thing before.

That would make sense, since as I was typing it I was like, "Haven't I said this somewhere before?" :lol:

42317 wrote:
I guess it's a matter of habit.

I'll go with that, since, as you said, it only saves you a click in the end.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2008, 8:23 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:

Before the update, I was kind of starting to be like this a little bit with being able to go into reply, click a person's user name, and have it come up in the post "Acmurphy,". I could just use the "Font colour" template to have it come up Acmurphy though.

Edit: I've just been looking at 42317's Birthday Thread and I got to thinking about something. No big that my birthday's not shown on my profile, the problem is...if I was born on...

Wait...I was able to fix it. Just a warning for whoever hasn't done it yet though. To use my own birthday as an example, the day you'd put when adding it to your profile in should translate into the 8th of January, 1975 when writing it out in that form. Nothing needs to be changed or fixed (because the mistake in this instance was mine alone, thank you); just warning to pay attention to the way to put it into your profile or your age will be a few months off of what it really is.
:cry: :roll:

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 5:59 am 
Major Contributor

Hey, Acmurphy...yeah, I know, double post ( :vomit: :mrgreen: ), but it's been a few days, and I was wondering... you still working on the YouTube video thing? Cause I just noticed it hasn't been fixed yet. Just asking.

By the way...just for the fun of it...
Spoiler
I know this isn't the place for it. I was gonna put it there instead, which is how I saw the thingie hadn't been fixed...but I've decided to put it here instead, just to mess with ya:

Don't feel like digging up the clean version on YouTube, so you can check it here instead.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 5:46 pm 
Resident Scholar

shgarland wrote:
Spoiler
I know this isn't the place for it. I was gonna put it there instead, which is how I saw the thingie hadn't been fixed...but I've decided to put it here instead, just to mess with ya:

What does that have to do with anything? :?:
The video's running just fine.

shgarland wrote:
8th of January, 1975

And I thought I was the second-oldest after cjed came back... now I'm #3. :D

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 7:22 pm 
Resident Admin

shgarland wrote:
Hey, Acmurphy...yeah, I know, double post ( :vomit: :mrgreen: ), but it's been a few days, and I was wondering... you still working on the YouTube video thing? Cause I just noticed it hasn't been fixed yet. Just asking.

I just haven't had the time to go through it yet. I just got back home from Gainesville so I should have so time this weekend to get that squared away and, hopefully, some reviews.

shgarland wrote:
Spoiler

Don't feel like digging up the clean version on YouTube, so you can check it here instead.

Well I think it's fair to say I am aroused and confused my friend, aroused and confused...

shgarland wrote:
Edit: I've just been looking at 42317's Birthday Thread and I got to thinking about something. No big that my birthday's not shown on my profile, the problem is...if I was born on...

Wait...I was able to fix it. Just a warning for whoever hasn't done it yet though. To use my own birthday as an example, the day you'd put when adding it to your profile in should translate into the 8th of January, 1975 when writing it out in that form. Nothing needs to be changed or fixed (because the mistake in this instance was mine alone, thank you); just warning to pay attention to the way to put it into your profile or your age will be a few months off of what it really is.
:cry: :roll:

True, it doesn't show your actual birthday in your profile, just your current age. That is a little odd, but I guess they did that for a reason. (Maybe in case you just wanted people to know your age and not your actual birthday?)

I am a little lost as to your problem with the birthday input, it's just setup as day, month, year. I don't know where you were running into problems :(

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 10:34 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
shgarland wrote:
8th of January, 1975

And I thought I was the second-oldest after cjed came back... now I'm #3. :D

Yah...I'm old...

Acmurphy wrote:
shgarland wrote:

I just haven't had the time to go through it yet. I just got back home from Gainesville so I should have so time this weekend to get that squared away and, hopefully, some reviews.

No big. Was just wondering.

Acmurphy wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Spoiler

Well I think it's fair to say I am aroused and confused my friend, aroused and confused...

Meh...Just a different video. Kinda new bit from the girls that were running that lesbian angle a bit a few years ago.

Acmurphy wrote:
I am a little lost as to your problem with the birthday input, it's just setup as day, month, year. I don't know where you were running into problems

It's not really a problem. Like I said, the mistake was all mine. You said yourself yourself you have it set up as day, month, year: I misread it as month, day, year, and put it in that way (so my birthday would have read first of August, not eighth of January). No real problem at all: I'm just saying that others should pay attention to how you have it set up.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2008, 10:10 am 
Resident Scholar

shgarland wrote:
Yah...I'm old...

Did you change anything about your age or is your birthday not in January?
I'm sure the last time I looked your age was "32", today it's "33". :?:

PostPosted: May 26th, 2008, 8:50 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Yah...I'm old...

Did you change anything about your age or is your birthday not in January?
I'm sure the last time I looked your age was "32", today it's "33". :?:

That's exactly the point of my posts about how people should pay attention to how to put the date in when doing it. I misread it as month/day and put it in that way. Given how Acmurphy has it set up, my birthday ends up being August 1. If that were accurate, my age would be 32. I was born January 8 though, which would have me 33. I simply fixed it accordingly.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2008, 9:06 pm 
Resident Admin

shgarland wrote:
Given how Acmurphy has it set up, my birthday ends up being August 1. If that were accurate, my age would be 32. I was born January 8 though, which would have me 33. I simply fixed it accordingly.

Just to clarify, I don't have the ability to change how the birthday thing is setup. (Well, I guess I do, but that would take me trying to figure out where it is in the coding and how to switch them and have it still read correctly by the system.)

Well, I guess the buck does stop with me, but nevertheless it isn't an easy thing to change is all I am saying. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 12:36 am 
Major Contributor

Don't mean for you to change it...just explaining how I happened to have my age as 32 and not 33...

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 7:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

I don't get it. In my interface I have three fields that are clearly marked as
"Day: ... Month: ... Year: ..."
How can anything go wrong?

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 9:05 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I don't get it. In my interface I have three fields that are clearly marked as
"Day: ... Month: ... Year: ..."
How can anything go wrong?

I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing to see it was marked that way.

PostPosted: May 27th, 2008, 11:40 pm 
Resident Admin

This seems strangely appropriate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next