Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Thread: What did you just buy?
PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 9:01 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
shgarland wrote:
Memories – interesting looking anthology that doesn't seem to have an English dub track. (I hate that Sony does that...) Been wanting some new anime, though.

Memories is quite a good three part OVA. Some of the stories are a bit out there, but that's part of what makes them interesting. Cannon Fodder has a very Steam Punk feel to it, though I always thought Magnetic Rose was the best out of the three. Hope you enjoy!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2009, 2:00 pm 
Major Contributor

Robot Chicken Star Wars: Episode II on DVD. While it was funny, the first one was better IMO. In terms of the audio commentaries, i have only 2 complaints. Seth MacFarlane's absence in the commentaries for this one was a downer, seeing as how he basically dominates his role of Palpatine and is always a joy to have on commenting. Also, i made the bad call of listening to the second actor commentary; the one with Seth Green, Matt Senreich, Ahmed Best, Rachael Leigh Cook, and the guy who voices Darth Vader; and i was very ticked that they didn't really comment that much on the show. They were mostly just joking around about other stuff, and there was even a sad mention about how Carrie Fisher was supposed to be on that commentary but couldn't make it since she went to New York :sigh: . Would've been nice to hear what the real Princess Leia had to say. :( I just hope that the other actor commentary; the one that has Billy Dee Williams on it; was taken more seriously. If i had been on that other commentary and couldn't tolerate the lack of commitment on everybody's part to give their takes on every aspect of the show, i probably would've lost it and gone all Christian Bale on everybody.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2009, 4:33 pm 

So I went online to buy a PS3 Slim Cooler which didn't work out as well as I hoped for. I misread the information on amazon..what i wanted was a "ps3 slim" cooler and what I supposedly bought was a PS3 "slim cooler". At least it only cost me about $18, but I'm seeing if I can get it returned, and no it did not say anywhere on the site that this was or was not for the PS3 Slim.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 7:59 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
I've got Predator, Predator 2(which both movies are $5 each), and the Alien Triple Pack(which includes Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3) for $13 at Wal-Mart today. I almost have all the Alien/Predator movies and all I need is Alien Resurrection and AVP.

PostPosted: September 20th, 2009, 11:29 pm 

Let's see today I bought a Nintendo DS, a game to go with it, Wii Sports Resort, and a Miche Purse i've been wanting.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2009, 5:23 am 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Let's see today I bought a Nintendo DS, a game to go with it

Cool that you picked up a DS, but what game did ya get for it? It seemed kinda...I dunno, is inconspicuous the right word? Inconspicuous by it's absence?

PostPosted: September 21st, 2009, 10:20 am 

Hahaha shgarland is right....the game has no name? :whistle:

The DS I have was found in Wal-Mart....I guess some kid forgot it....my sis saw it..and now it's mine...at least for now....the games I've been enjoying on it are Pokemon...of course...played Pearl....now playing Diamond...well...already finished it...and next Platinum which I see at least has more differences than those 2....at least 'till those new ones are out...

And also Scribblenauts which is a very original game...and lots of fun...it has its I guess platformer problems...the game is about writing any object in mind and it appears for you to interact with and solve problems....but sometimes when you're going to pick that object with the stylus the character tends to move if you don't pick it right...ha....and he can fall into a cliff or into the hands of a chimera (whichever level you are on)..and that can be fustrating...

Besides that...its very fun....you can get as creative as you can...you can even have God defend you from evil (if you type God) :sweat:

Other ones I played recently and would recommend would be GTA:Chinatown Wars...Rhytm Heaven (fun as hell...well if hell is a fun place to be in)...Legend of Zelda:Phantom Hourglass...

Actually there's too much to recommend....ha...but those are safe bets :d^_^b:

PostPosted: September 21st, 2009, 8:03 pm 

Sorry I didn't have the box sitting with me when I was typing this anyway I got the game called Avalon Code. It's RPG oriented and it's pretty cool.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 5:00 am 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Sorry I didn't have the box sitting with me when I was typing this anyway I got the game called Avalon Code. It's RPG oriented and it's pretty cool.

No big thing. Just figured if yer gonna say you bought a game, you should say what game. Makes sense, yes?

Avalon Code does look kind of interesting...

PostPosted: September 30th, 2009, 6:12 pm 
Major Contributor

Tokyo Godfathers DVD
The Mist DVD
Sepultura - A-Lex CD

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2009, 10:02 pm 

I used pretty much an entire paycheck today on:

RCA 40" 1080P HDTV

It was very much worth it :D

PostPosted: October 4th, 2009, 1:05 am 
Major Contributor

Recent new buys:

Green Lantern: First Flight - Happen to like Green Lantern...
Harper's Island: the DVD Edition – Actually watched this series as it was airing on CBS. Felt it was worth having on DVD, and took me nearly a month after it came out to pick it up on DVD.
Cowboy Bebop Remix: Anime Legends DVD – Remix is just a remastered version of the series, isn't it? Got into Best Buy today and picked this one up.
Four Flies on Grey Velvet – another think I ran across at Best Buy today, that I picked up as a fan of Dario Argento.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2009, 6:38 pm 

I generally dislike buying dvds or games used, but I caved in.

Moviestop(sibling to Gamestop) had a sale for buy three, get the fourth free. I went in just to see what they had, well it was the last day of the sale so I thought it was meant to be. :roll: I got the 2-Disc The Last Samurai dvd, The Fountain, The Prestige, and Sunshine all for $20. So I am happy, of course now I am not going to buy anything else till Christmas. :lol2:

PostPosted: October 6th, 2009, 9:34 am 
Resident Scholar

I didn't buy it, I got it for free: The Shadowrun 2nd Edition rulebook. In top condition.
Yes! A lucky find (although I would have preferred an English version). I thought this edition (which I used for most of my "running career" between 1989 and 1995) had been off the market completely, nowhere to be found, except for high collector's prices.
My girlfriend's father found it on a flea market a few days ago, and due to not selling it all day the vendor had already put it into his trash boxes and gave it away for free!
Along with it came a whole box of (English) AD&D 2nd Edition stuff, which I don't need, so we intend to sell it.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 6:15 pm 
Major Contributor

The Grudge 3 DVD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next