Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Thread: What did you just buy?
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 11:10 pm 

And wii are happy you did :d^_^b:

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 4:33 am 
Post Master

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I just bought a wii!! :D

Now you too can realize you wasted your money, and contributed to the Wii's mass hysteria of market domination.

As did I.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 11:31 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

Now you too can realize you wasted your money, and contributed to the Wii's mass hysteria of market domination.
As did I.

Oh come on... isn't there also a "personal tastes, needs, and compromise" factor? :|

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 1:28 pm 

42317 wrote:
Mmsven wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

As did I.

Oh come on... isn't there also a "personal tastes, needs, and compromise" factor? :|

Haha i've just learned to ignore him 42317. Actually I've been getting a lot of enjoyment from my Wii. Wii Tennis has been very fun.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 5:47 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:

There are Gamecubes that sell for $30. Why would you need to spend $250 on a Wii? The Wii is LITERALLY nearly a Gamecube. All they did was add in an unsupported (WiiWare) and overpriced (virtual console) download service, and a cheap infrared pointer. There's no other way to describe the Wiimote, because all it does is detect where its being pointed and at what angle you're holding it. I would be able to forgive that, if the piece of crap wasn't jerky and delayed. And everything else different from the GC is total shit (friends system+online play).

There you go. We both wasted our money. I already had a gamecube, so I didn't need to buy the Wii, but I was a tool just like every other Wii buyer.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 10:19 pm 
Major Contributor

Is Resident Evil 5 available on the Wii? Don't feel there's much point grabbing one; the only game I really wanted to get was Zelda: Twilight Princess, as I remember, and that was also released on GameCube. Nephew's been having trouble with his, but that's just a matter of replacing the cable that connects the GameCube to the TV.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 10:44 pm 

Well Wii Sports alone makes the Wii a must experience (Wii Sports is the best selling game on all consoles after all)....besides exclusives like No More Heroes (which I have myself and loved its wacky plot)...it does not have RE5 but it has RE:Umbrella Chronicles I believe it was called...which fills in the plot holes of the series...and another RE coming for the Wii called Darkside Chronicles...both only for Wii...where RE5 is on everything else...

Yes...it has GC graphics (some games a tad better than the GC...but of course not like the PS3 and 360)...but who cares when you have fun playing games?

And I have a few Wiiware games myself like Toki Tori...World of Goo...Lit...Art Style:Cubello..etc..so I dont think it's unloved :lol2:

Anyways...if you already own a powerful system...why not a Wii too?...the PS3 and 360 are virtually the same thing..same games...etc...

Besides the fact...ha...if she's loving it...than let it be :0:-):

PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 11:48 pm 
Post Master

Fresnokila wrote:
Well Wii Sports alone makes the Wii a must experience (Wii Sports is the best selling game on all consoles after all)
Obviously the statistics you were reading are crooked. A game you're forced to have isn't a purchase. Also, I didn't know RE alone was the deciding factor of a system. If that's how it is, GC has REmake and RE0, rereleases of RE2, RE3, and Code:Veronica.

Fresnokila wrote:
Yes...it has GC graphics (some games a tad better than the GC...but of course not like the PS3 and 360)...but who cares when you have fun playing games?
Because you can play fun games on a Gamecube. Lets talk AAA Nintendo franchises for a second. Wii has Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Mario Party, Zelda and Metroid Prime. Gamecube has all of that, plus Star Fox, Luigi's Mansion, 3 Zelda games, Pikmin games, 1080, Donkey Kong, F-Zero and Wave Race.

Nintendo's first party support is so pathetic this time around they're actually releasing Gamecube games under the "New Play Control" label, with the only change being added widescreen support. I'd rather save my $30.

Now why should anyone pay an extra $220 for the Wii? Especially considering you can buy GC games for $10-20 and Wii games remain at $50-60 because of market domination. It's all about supply and demand.

Fresnokila wrote:
And I have a few Wiiware games myself like Toki Tori...World of Goo...Lit...Art Style:Cubello..etc..so I dont think it's unloved :lol2:
Now compare that to what's available on XBLA or PSN. You may be shocked to find the Wii is a grain of salt to their mammoth.

I don't think many Wii owners want to admit they wasted their money. The game library sucks, the prices suck, the graphics suck. But obviously I can't do crap about their marketing grabbing money from our pockets.

I'm not going to bother responding anymore because this isn't the thread to be debating the subject. I wasn't expecting to have to in the first place because I thought my comparison and "Wii sucks" thread was already enough to get it through people's heads.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 12:25 am 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
A game you're forced to have isn't a purchase.

Was gonna say "Unless your buying a console with a game packed in specific because of the game packed in," but your right, it doesn't count as a purchase. I just don't feel it was forced when I bought the Game Boy Advance SP: I wanted to finish the set of the first two Zelda games as ported to GBA, and I think both had been packed in near the end of the GBA's run. Note: I didn't buy the SP twice just because I wanted both games. I already bought the GBA version of The Legend Of Zelda, but never found the second game before finding it packed into the SP I bought.

Mmsven wrote:
Also, I didn't know RE alone was the deciding factor of a system. If that's how it is, GC has REmake and RE0, rereleases of RE2, RE3, and Code:Veronica.

It's not. I did that with PSP, because I knew Silent Hill: Origins was coming eventually, and I'm not doing that again. Origins is worth playing if your a fan of the Silent Hill series, but I wouldn't have ya buy PSP just for it. If you've got PS2, Origins has since been ported to that.

It's just that I wanna play RE5, and if it were available on the Wii, it's a game I'd consider picking up.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 12:31 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mmsven wrote:
There you go. We both wasted our money. I already had a gamecube, so I didn't need to buy the Wii, but I was a tool just like every other Wii buyer.

I bought a Wii and look at me now, I'm the most intelligent person in the world.

Wii OWNS ALL.

End of discussion. 8)

PostPosted: May 18th, 2009, 12:36 am 

Ha you're right about Wii Sports being included..but....its why Wii's sale...because it has Wii Sports...if it would have any other game included it would have sucked...and the Wii wouldnt be where it is now...thats for sure...so they did pick a good game to be in the package :d^_^b:

And no...RE isn't a factor...its just that shgarland mentioned RE5...I just wanted to point out the ones that are for the Wii...besides all the ones you have mentioned too..which you can play on the Wii too (though now they are selling again those with wii controls...which doesn't sound convincing..I already have them [missing Veronica though])

Now....

Quote:
I don't think many Wii owners want to admit they wasted their money

I know what you mean by that....I myself have bought things sometimes I don't want to admit suck (since I wasted money on it)...but I love the Wii...the only problem I have with it is that a few of those wiiware games I bought were on a friends wii...than when I bought my own (see I love the wii...already had one for months and bought another one cause it was a friends) I couldn't pass the games to my console...that sucks...for sure...

Ha feel free to post again...I'm beginning to have fun :0:-):

Though yes...I see no use to keep arguing...we all have different tastes after all :lol2:

Edit:ha damn...you 2 squeezed in while I was posting :ninja:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 12:16 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well to change the focus a bit, just got a couple things from rightstuf. They have a number of h-manga that's on their closeout list that I decided to get.

Got books 3 & 4 of the Chirality manga. Unfortunately they didn't have the second one in stock anyone, and I'm unable to find it anywhere, so for the moment I suppose my collection will remain incomplete.

Adventure Kid
1-4 - Don't know much about adventure kid other than the fact that there is also hentai version of the story. Hopefully it'll be pretty good.

Got a Heartwork combo DVD and B-game. I've seen Heartwork, somewhat anyway, but I was mostly interested in getting the game to see what that is like.

Then I got two Time Traveller Ai 1-3, which i hadn't even heard of, and Midnight Panther 1-3 (I suppose there will be some connection to the hentai).

I don't really buy the adult graphic novels often, but having some right next to my comp seems to have inspired me to get some more. And it was a good thing I did since all of these are on closeout!

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 12:35 pm 

I have one myself...Rhapsody by Yuuki Ryoh....but now that I have read this post I feel like buying more too :whistle:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 12:50 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Fresnokila wrote:
I have one myself...Rhapsody by Yuuki Ryoh....but now that I have read this post I feel like buying more too :whistle:

Nice, I've got that one as well. Of the 6 I have sitting here, I just noticed that 4 of them are by Yuuki Ryoh... lol

The others by her include:
Fair Skinned Beauty
Sheila's Diary
Pheromone on the Street Corner
Twin Spark Girls by Kiryu Tomohiko

Those are all the ones in a manga size format, plus I have Legend of Lemnear which I am waiting to read after being a fan of the OVA.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 1:01 pm 

I remember I was going to buy Fair Skinned Beauty myself...than it suddenly disappeared from the Right Stuf website..ha.....so maybe it was you back than who bought the last copy :gatsu:

But now since I'm back here in PR..I would have to change the address and everything and that makes me lazy :sweat:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next