Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Thread: What did you just buy?
PostPosted: January 27th, 2009, 3:01 pm 

42317 wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:
42317 wrote:
I thought you were gonna say "... because my date pays for all of that stuff."
Well, being a girl does not prevent me from paying it

Hm... maybe you're just dating the wrong people. :lol:
Maybe social rules aren't as stiff in an all-female relationship. I find it downright perverse that everyone expects me, the male, to pay for the restaurant dinners that I have with my girlfriend. She doesn't earn less than me! :|
Well, we rarely eat out, so it doesn't bother me that much... but this gender-role principle is what you call sexist.
THe "gender" principle still applies with us. It's the "active" one, the "masculine" one, who tends to do those kind of things. I still love being invited and taken care of and treated as a princess, but seemingly I tend to be more according to the "active" role :sigh:

PostPosted: February 8th, 2009, 5:33 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Here's what I've been recently at FYE:
Iria: Zeiram the Animation
Godzilla vs. Gigan(first G-movie I saw when I was a kid and means a lot to me)
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness(Hail to the King, baby! 8) )

PostPosted: March 1st, 2009, 8:07 pm 
Major Contributor

Today I bought both boxsets of Anime Legends: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing for about $40, since both were $20 each and I thought it was a steal. Also I bought Deadly Creatures for the Wii and it's a fun, creepy cralwie game.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2009, 8:28 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
Today I bought both boxsets of Anime Legends: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing for about $40, since both were $20 each and I thought it was a steal.

That is a steal, especially since Gundam Wing was a 10-volume series. I collected the series as it was first being done.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 2:07 am 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
Gojira wrote:
Today I bought both boxsets of Anime Legends: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing for about $40, since both were $20 each and I thought it was a steal.

That is a steal, especially since Gundam Wing was a 10-volume series. I collected the series as it was first being done.

I prefer to get the whole series all at once instead of waiting for each volume to be release, because of my completionist nature. Which reminds me, I have to get Endless Waltz in order to full complete the Gundam Wing collection and THEN I would be fully satisfied. 8)

PostPosted: March 5th, 2009, 7:43 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
shgarland wrote:
Gojira wrote:

I prefer to get the whole series all at once instead of waiting for each volume to be release, because of my completionist nature. Which reminds me, I have to get Endless Waltz in order to full complete the Gundam Wing collection and THEN I would be fully satisfied. 8)

Yes. Yes you do need to get Endless Waltz. Wing – as I remember it – wouldn't have a proper ending without Endless Waltz. I suppose the series did have an ending (it's been a good long while since I've actually watched the entire thing all the way through), I just feel that ending was open-ended enough that something like Endless Waltz needed to occur.

I see your point about buying the whole series at once rather than waiting on the volumes. I still need to finish Death Note, and... has there been a volume of Blood + since #2? It really would have been better to get the 6-disc Part One thing than the two volumes...
:sigh:

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 5:55 pm 

I had the urge to spend $$ this weekend so..i did ^.^. Bought Fruits Baskets volumes 5-10 as i REALLY want to start reading the fruits basket books, bought DBZ Season 1 for $20 at walmart, and My Neighbor Totoro for $30 at FYE. Yep I know i could have gotten it cheaper online, but I don't care.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2009, 9:29 pm 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
bought DBZ Season 1 for $20 at walmart

A recent purchase of mine, as well.

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
and My Neighbor Totoro for $30 at FYE. Yep I know i could have gotten it cheaper online, but I don't care.

It might be cheaper to buy online, but it's more fun to have it on hand right off the bat to watch whenever you feel like. Am I right?

PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 12:23 am 

shgarland wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
and My Neighbor Totoro for $30 at FYE. Yep I know i could have gotten it cheaper online, but I don't care.

It might be cheaper to buy online, but it's more fun to have it on hand right off the bat to watch whenever you feel like. Am I right?

I agree..plus in the end once you add on shipping and tax it usually comes within a few $$ of the $30 anyway. Plus i really just wanted to watch it right away :D

PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 12:57 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

As long as you don't mind that's all that matters :P Those Disney released Miyazaki titles do tend to never drop in price, so you couldn't have found it for too much cheaper elsewhere, though you definitely could have paid a bit less if you didn't want it immediately.

I could never get myself to buy any of the DBZ box sets. Not after I saw all the hoopla that went on when they were first releasing box set 1 and the "wide screen" that chopped off the top and bottom and the video remastering that messed up a lot of their shots by doing a blanket correction. I only saw screen shots of various problems people had, never got to see much of it first hand. How would you guys say it looks?

As for recent purchases, I got the new Berserk Remastered box set and Moonlight Mile Vol. 1-3. Unfortunately, both of them got shipped to my house because I thought I was going home and ended up not, so I haven't gotten to check either out. I'm quite interested in seeing how Berserk looks with the new remastering. I'm expecting something like what happened with Cowboy Bebop and its remastering; nothing spectacular but a nice cleaning up of the video and audio. Plus, for 27 bucks you can't go wrong with getting all of Berserk :gatsu:

PostPosted: March 24th, 2009, 9:40 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
I could never get myself to buy any of the DBZ box sets. Not after I saw all the hoopla that went on when they were first releasing box set 1 and the "wide screen" that chopped off the top and bottom and the video remastering that messed up a lot of their shots by doing a blanket correction. I only saw screen shots of various problems people had, never got to see much of it first hand. How would you guys say it looks?

To be honest it would be hard for me to tell you how it looks since the last time i saw DBZ was on TV when Toonami still existed. I started watching some of the eps last night and I like it. I am not a fan of the original japanese opening *was a fan of the American opening*, but all in all everything feels the same to me. I can't yet tell why this is considered an uncut version as well as I don't remember what sort of scenes were not there in the US release. All I know is..I want to get to Vegeta! :twisted:

PostPosted: March 26th, 2009, 5:43 pm 

I bought a Mokona!!! Really..i bought a plush Mokona off RightStuf only cost me about $5 for the Black Mokona ^.^

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 5:01 pm 
Major Contributor

Today, I recently bought the complete first season of Ah! My Goddess! at FYE for about $36 and Dragon Wars (D-War) (2007) for about $8 at the Bargain Box. Not too bad at all.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2009, 2:12 pm 

Ok so I bought some stuff at the dealers room this weekend. I got Ouran High part 1, Princess Tutu, an Ouran high t-shirt, a few clothes at a mall we went at, a new purse, and an asian silk top.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 11:05 pm 

I just bought a wii!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next