Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diablo III
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 9:06 am 
Regular

I suppose most of you would be aware of this by now, but Blizzard has announced Diablo III is in the making. Their website is here.

There's only 5 different classes available, but apparently you can now pick male and female heroes of each class.

I am so, so disappointed that they eliminated my favourite profession, the Necromancer, and subsumed it into the Witch Doctor. :x

Post subject: Re: Diablo III
PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 7:44 pm 
Post Master

I saw the announcement at gamespot at 8 am yesterday. Also watched the gameplay demo with commentary, looks seriously fucking awesome. Exactly how I wanted it. I was afraid they might make another WoW style RPG, which would be pretty gay.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2008, 9:12 pm 
Regular

I watched both trailers too. The cinematic trailer is impressive, as all of Blizzard's movies are, but it's the gameplay trailer that really caught my eye. It's actually very impressive in terms of graphics and the way your actions can affect the environment. It remains to be seen whether D3 still retains the completely random dungeon layouts of the first two games though, given that they're trying to move to a more story-driven, cinematic-style approach for this new game.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2008, 5:45 am 
Post Master

Zaxares wrote:
It remains to be seen whether D3 still retains the completely random dungeon layouts of the first two games though

I just heard in an interview that they are keeping the random dungeons.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2008, 3:28 pm 
Newcomer

For not even being in beta I say the games looks great. Im kind of surprised by there only being 5 classes to choose from. I wonder if they will release more in an expansion like they did in 2. Personally I hope they dont take to long in releasing the game.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 12:12 am 
Regular

Don't hold your breath. :wink: It'll be at least 12 months before Diablo III is released, perhaps even longer. Starcraft 2 was in production for years, and they're only just in the beta-testing phase now. Production on Diablo III apparently only started late last year or early this year.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 5:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

Diablo III? I hope it's not another "Press the A-Button repeatedly as fast as you can" orgy.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 5:59 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
I hope it's not another "Press the A-Button repeatedly as fast as you can" orgy.

Diablo 2 never required such a thing, especially in hardcore where everything is on the line.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2008, 10:46 pm 
Major Contributor

Just saw some video for this in today's X-Play video podcast (titled BlizzCon 2008: Diablo III: All Access if you wanna go find it). By no means final going by the interview being done, but if the preview footage shown is to mean anything things look really good at least for those that are fans of the Diablo series to begin with.