Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Starcraft II
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 6:17 pm 
Lurker

Dear God almighty, it's finally happened. Adun Toridas...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3980165796053569246

BRING THE PAIN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 6:31 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I know, I just saw that earlier today and couldn't believe my eyes. Starcraft II is finally coming out! Took um long enough! I used to love playing Starcraft back in the day, hope this lives up to the hype.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 8:14 pm 
Regular

Hmmm... Maybe it's just me, but I have a funny feeling that that video is a fake. If that's REALLY Starcraft 2, how come all the units are using the exact same sound effects as the first game?

EDIT: OK, looks like I was wrong. Check out the Announcement Video taken from the Seoul Blizzard Invitational yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnHrGq2kMB0

Blizzard is still the king of making awesome FMVs. :D I'm glad to hear that they decided not to make another MMORPG. (Would be kinda silly for them to compete with World of Warcraft anyway)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 6:21 am 
Major Contributor

The interesting thing is that they've apparently been working on this game since 2003, after Frozen Throne came out. Which means that theoretically the game could ship next year (apparently multiplayer is already playable with all three races already). I'm not getting my hopes us, since Blizzard obviously is no rush to release another big title, but hopefully Starcraft II is released by 2008.

However, I'm surprised that there is not news at all about a possible fourth race as that would definitely be an interesting twist . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 10:05 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
I hate to say this but Blizzard should release this game 2-3 years earlier.Blizzard just too busy handling World of Warcraft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 10:22 am 

Anybody seen the screenshots yet?

The palette seems a little... candy-ish. It hurts my eyes and makes the game look like some cheap downloadable 3D game. Can't they have the darker palette used in Starcraft?

I hope Blizzard keeps the requirements relatively low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2007, 12:34 pm 
Resident Scholar

Judging from the video it seems to be a pretty cool game.
Although... the bullet-time sequence was kinda funny. Doesn't suit the genre imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2007, 8:31 pm 
Regular

Several interviews suggest that SC2 is still only in the pre-alpha stage. That and the fact that Blizzard have said the game will be out "when it's ready" suggests that we aren't likely to see anything earlier than a late 2008 release. (I'm putting my money down for around Christmas 2008.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 12:54 am 

My friend suggested that we should play SC again, before the announcement, and I feel all rusty again playing against people =P It's a fun game, and I was glad that SC2 is finally going to come out after all these years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 1:04 am 

Animedude35 wrote:
My friend suggested that we should play SC again, before the announcement, and I feel all rusty again playing against people =P It's a fun game, and I was glad that SC2 is finally going to come out after all these years.

lol. I installed SC again on my PC after hearing the announcement.

The first video on this thread is fake. Its a C&C Generals mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 2:12 am 
Lurker

42317 wrote:
Judging from the video it seems to be a pretty cool game.
Although... the bullet-time sequence was kinda funny. Doesn't suit the genre imho.

Fake vid? T_T

Well, SCII is still coming out. Check the Blizz website and watch that sexy trailer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 4:26 am 
Post Master

Heres the SCII website.

http://www.starcraft2.com/

They added some gameplay videos and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 5:00 am 
Major Contributor

I just watched the HD version of the gameplay demo and it looks awesome. The design of the game is similar to the first game which is a bonus, and I'm glad Blizzard kept that look rather than use a more realistic/sci-fi look that many other developers may have gone for. The colossus units for the Protoss seem a little out of place but other than that the new units make sense. I heard that carriers may not come back in Starcraft II. This would be disappointing if true since being cheap with carriers was one of my favorite things to do in Starcraft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 9:49 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Man I loved carriers. I used to just load up on them or battleships as terrain and then sneak into peoples bases and wreak some havoc. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later, they have taken frickin long enough. At least we have Warcraft 3 to play while waiting for SC II to come out. Man I loved playing some footies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2007, 8:30 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Man I loved carriers. I used to just load up on them or battleships as terrain and then sneak into peoples bases and wreak some havoc. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later, they have taken frickin long enough. At least we have Warcraft 3 to play while waiting for SC II to come out. Man I loved playing some footies.

Well apparently Blizzard has been evaluating the original units from Starcraft and are keeping the ones they deem are "essential" to Starcraft, and taking out others which are not and replacing them with the new units. So I guess Carriers aren't considered "essential" Starcraft material. In a sense I can see where that reasoning comes from (it would also probably make the Protoss too powerful now considering the new units) but the carrier was an influential unit that has been be manifested in games like Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War or Command and Conquer 3.

Hopefully, they'll keep most of the spell-casting units, though considering the emphasis on fast and furious gameplay, spells may be deemphasized (since advanced spellcasters take time to research). We'll have to see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next