Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2009, 3:38 pm 
Newcomer

Have anyone else played Crisis Core? I finished the game yesterday night. No other game has glued me to the screen as effectively as this game for a long time. It took me about 20 hours (played it probably two weeks), but I could have finished it quicker if I hadn't done some of the extra missions. So, the game is a rather short, but very good. Short RPG games are the best if they are interesting ones.

If one has played through Final Fantasy 7, I especially do recommend Crisis Core spinoff then. You get to see Yuffie, Aerith, Tifa, Cloud and Turks. There is also references to the Avalanche, Vincent and Cid. The story is ok because of the characters. However, I wasn't too interested in S-Cells and other mumbo-jumbo concepts that existed. But the character interaction is great. The ending becomes easy to guess if played FF7. I liked the ending very much, just wished it wouldn't end that way. Unfortunately I am sure there isn't a different ending if played again using the Newgame+ mode.

This time the battle system was a realtime. I usually have prefered the turn based system more and was a little skeptical. However, the realtime system worked well. Though, I would have wanted to pause the battle when searching a specified item. The obligatory battles are somewhat easy if you have the right materia equipped. This is good, as I don't want to stuck in the middle of the story. Also I was happy that there is a way to avoid most of the random battles by walking side to the walls.

Even though the game was a good one, I think playing it once is enough. I am not so keen to unlock everything. Rather play some other game, if I someday find the time again (mainly I watch anime if I have free-time). I would have some other games to be finished which I have started years ago. Longest Journey and Prince of Persia: Sands of time for example. Summer holiday is soon (well within a month) over so those may wait another year. It's time to study.

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 10:43 pm 

I played through most of Crisis Core, got to Sephiroth and got my ass kicked. I quite after that. It was a pretty good game, but only one play through for me.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 2:47 am 
Newcomer

PrfsrSnapesAngel: You were near the end then. Maybe playing max. of 3-4 hours forward you would have finished the game and got the pretty emotional ending. Sephiroth isn't the final boss yet. I won him mainly hitting the X and defending while he attacks. Fully mastered regen is always a good materia to have equipped.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2009, 12:38 am 

Oh yes I know how close I was to the end, but I really didn't care much. The game really didn't impress me the way a Final Fantasy game should have (I have high expectations for any games from Square Enix).