Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 16th, 2017, 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xeneosaga
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 11:37 am 

I'm makign this thread cuss I need to vent, again. Why? Xenosaga one of the greatest rpg series of the last generation of consoles, is being made into an anime. AND KOS-MOS IS UGLY!!! Somebody is gonna to DIE!!! RRRROOOOAAARRRR!!!!! God it is going to suck!! Just looking at the graphics used on it I can tell. Not to mention do they realize that there are nearly 40 hours of cinmatics in the game? That over a 120 episodes of cinmatics!!! God this is going to suck, also I like Xenosaga III's more mature looking Kos-Mos to I's childish cutesy one. Man why did this have to happen? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 4:41 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Ya, I heard about the same thing. Basically the series is like exactly the same as the cut scenes in the game, so if you have already played the game, you have basically already watched the series. What they should have done is made XENOGEARS into a series. Now that is something I could get behind!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2007, 4:31 pm 

I agree, I havent been able to pick Xenogears up because i can't bring myself to pay that much for such an old game.

Still they have to do some cuts for the anime. Mean I haven't played all the way threw Xenosaga I, but if it's anything like III there 60+ hours of cinimatics on the thing. mean you can only fit about 2.5 eps in ever hour, * 60+ hour and you have 120 episodes. I have to wonder if they'll actually go threw with it. In either case I'm sticking to the game, can't beat $30 bucks verse hundreds for an anime series not to mention years for it to complete. By that time they have Xenosaga sequals. Why? because they're not stupid enough to let a cash cow die until they can milk it for all its worth. Then again that's what the anime is trying to do. I don't know I'm just rampling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2007, 10:28 am 

The anime was crap. Even if you haven't played the game, it isn't really worth its time anyway. But then well, the game's sequels kinda fell short anyway, so you'd be going down a road that just goes down anyway.

Well I suppose XS3 was pretty good redemption after the complete and utter disaster that was episode 2, but still. 3 episodes instead of 6... and the XG references and possible parallels that could have turned into far more epicness and all that amounted up to nothing. And you had all this weird Jesus and Magdalene nonsense, thats been pulled off way too god damn many times in entertainment that it just makes you slap your forehead and groan anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 25th, 2007, 2:01 pm 

Yeah, Xenosaga III's ending does make you go huh? What are they 10? The universe is going to end, uh duh. But to be frank that'll be in BILLIONS of years, humanity will be dust LONG before then. So what kinda meaning is that to be an evil bastard? Also yeah the Mary Magdalene and Jesus referens are getting ANNOYING!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 26th, 2007, 11:47 pm 
Resident Admin

The Adict,

Get yourself a copy! I played it around when it first came out and it has stayed one of my favorites since. Though, it is rather old now, so as long as graphics don't really matter to you give it a go. If I remember correctly, they are slightly worse than FF7's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 29th, 2007, 3:13 pm 

Never played FF7, but yeah I'll try ot pick up a copy, try beign the key world. I can't afford 50 bucks for a game no matter how good. I just don't have that much free money right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2007, 7:20 pm 
Resident Admin

Ya, these older games really get expensive if they are popular and have a limited number of copies. I want to get Valkyrie Profile 1 but it is 80+ so I have held back thus far. Sadly, that probably just means it will be more expensive later on :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 12:51 pm 

Or you can buy the one that came out for the PSP, same game from what I hear. As is the new one that just came out. Or from what I can recall and heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 1:29 pm 
Resident Admin

I'm not really a handheld game person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2007, 11:20 am 

That's fine. Neither am I, the only handheld games I like are Pokemon and Zelda Link to the past.