Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best video game protagonist?
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 1:34 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
(warning! It contain spoilers)

So far I think Kratos in God of War series.He escapes from Hades twice just to accomplish his mission.No other game characters did the same before.He nearly killed the king of gods,Zeus.

What the future game protagonists might look like in PS3 and XBOX 360?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 4:26 am 

Wow you have to love Link...I mean man...no many how many legends or years pass by...a new Link keeps saving the Kingdom over and over again...
He should just stop his bloodline or something...

Even though the game isnt out yet...I'm loving the coolness of it...

So I'm sure the protaganist for it will be awesome...and I'm speaking of No More Heroes which is coming soon for the Wii...from the creators of Killer 7...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 9:48 am 

Wander from Shadow of the Colossus - you can't beat a guy who slays 16 colossi with only a sword, bow, and horse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 9:01 pm 

Hummm the greatest main character in a video game. . . let me think about it, Link, most definately Link. Mean lets face it the Legend of Zelda franchise has been coming out for decades and outside of one or two titles they're all considered classics, and they just rock. Mean he's so cool. Still you got to feel sorry for him how many times does he have to save the damn kingdom before he gets the girl?

Next, is Kratos, he's theb est badass there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 11:53 pm 
Newcomer

I know he's not in the same league as Kratos or Link, but I can't leave out Max Payne. He's one sentimental badass. Though I must admit, I'm a sucker for film noir. He could have easily walked out of a Sin City story.

I would have voted for Link, but it's been too many games without him getting the girl. Zelda has thwarted his attentions one time too many, for my taste. He's made enough sacrifices for Hyrule to warrant some rewards. The man needs a wife, dammit! He's what, fifty? Sixty? At the very least they could get him some kind of armor. It's time to put the pajamas away, Link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 8:45 pm 

*SPOILERS* (I think)

But doesn't Link kind of has a girlfriend in the last game?...cause it seems that he has something with Ilia...
He doesnt end with the princess but he does stay with Ilia...in a way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 5:18 am 
Lurker

I really liked Laharl from Disgaea as a main protagonist. He was such a hilarious devil, and with enough of a background and character development that he wasn't one dimensional. Very likeable, I enjoyed his angry tirades and sympathized with his situation and troubles. Of course, Laharl couldn't have been quite the leading figure without the support of the rest of his mismatched crew. Nippon Ichi works wonders!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 2:38 am 
Lurker

Dante from the Devil May Cry series. He's just too cool :D No really...

Quite possibly Phoenix Wright. The way the Gyakuten games are played makes him very human (as well as very humorous).

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 12:53 pm 

So in other words everybody loves Link and we ALL agree that he needs a girl that doesn't die or otherwise dissappear. I'll say it again how mainy tines does he need to save the world before he garners from female attention?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2007, 9:39 pm 
Post Master

Conker of Conker's Bad Fur Day! Come on! That game is ossum.

Hes the only protagonist that I know of that will drink, shoot zombies, kill any random person, participate in a war against teddy bears... etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 25th, 2007, 11:47 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
So in other words everybody loves Link and we ALL agree that he needs a girl that doesn't die or otherwise dissappear.

Yep.
:P

The Adict wrote:
I'll say it again how mainy tines does he need to save the world before he garners from female attention?

Dunno. Didn't finish Twilight Princess, so I dunno what happens to the girl that seemed to like him from that. Don't spoil it for me (or at least throw in a [spoil] tag if you do post it) so I have the option of finding out for myself.

As for other protagonists besides Link I like...

"Darth Revan" to regard the playable character of Knights of the Old Republic by his (or her) true identity is a favorite of mine. Maybe it's more my opinion of the game itself than anything... but maybe it's also why you have to create a new persona for him at the start of the game. For some reason I'm a lot more okay with some of the hentai I watch than I am with leaders scrambling someones brain as if he's a droid like that.
:cry:

I'd consider Silent Hill (the town itself) a character in that series of games, but it's no protagonist and I think this topic means the playable characters (which is kind of impossible for Silent Hill itself, anyway), so I've got two from that series. First, Heather from SH3. She's what I'd think would be considered a "fighter girl" over in the moe poll thread, and I liked that in her. Second is Travis from Origins. Haven't finished that game yet, but so far he's the best character to play as in the entire series IMO. The monsters are a bunch harder than what the hospital set them up to be (which is why I'd advise you run as much as you possibly can if you play this one). But for game-play, Travis is the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 26th, 2007, 9:41 pm 
Major Contributor

Hard to choose but I'll have to say Jim Raynor from StarCraft. I dunno, there have been few video game characters that have resonated with me as well as Raynor.

Not to mention his classic line "This is Jimmy!" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 2:29 am 

there's too many to chose from really. right away i would say Samus Aran and Master Chief. first of all, Samus just kicks ass, who doesnt love a girl with a huge gun? And after playing Halo 3 to its completion it's something special in itself. I dont know about you but finishing Halo 3 and getting those final lines gets me every time.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 1:32 pm 

Hmmm well I just replayed the endings of the Zelda games I've played and beat. And read a list of the endings from gamfaq. And in fact Links does always end up with the gril. It just always happens after the game. Which bites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 6:18 pm 
Major Contributor

Dark One wrote:
first of all, Samus just kicks ass, who doesnt love a girl with a huge gun?

Samus Aran is one I forgot about. Playing Metroid Prime I got turned off by that radioactive boss that would overload her visor whenever you land an attack, but the original Metroid is a favorite of mine from growing up. Thats why when Nintendo did the "Classic NES Series" of ports from the NES console to Game Boy Advance, Metroid was one of the games I made a point of picking up.