Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 5:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

I have tried "Tachyon - The Fringe" as another flight simulator and the joystick works the way it should.
I have to conclude that the strange steering in "Dawn of Aces II" is really due to the physics they've applied to the flying crates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 5:50 pm 
Resident Scholar

You know, in order to make a "walkthrough video", or record any game action, do I need a video card or is there a software solution? To be more specific I'm looking for recording software that can process DirectX games as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 7:53 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
You know, in order to make a "walkthrough video", or record any game action, do I need a video card or is there a software solution? To be more specific I'm looking for recording software that can process DirectX games as well.

FRAPS is your friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 8:19 pm 
Resident Scholar

Thanks a lot. I'll try it these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2008, 9:48 am 
Resident Scholar

Ahem... FRAPS gives me 30 second videos with a watermark. (I need 60 seconds for my purposes.)
Registered version: 37 USD. A little more than I am able to pay these days.

But the screenshot option is okay. It allows me to save in BMP format only (>2000 KB), but that can be helped using the converter in ACDSee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 25th, 2008, 7:50 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Ahem... FRAPS gives me 30 second videos with a watermark. (I need 60 seconds for my purposes.)
Registered version: 37 USD. A little more than I am able to pay these days.

But the screenshot option is okay. It allows me to save in BMP format only (>2000 KB), but that can be helped using the converter in ACDSee.

You could also try CamStudio which is completely freeware but can only record DirectX or OpenGL apps in windowed mode (not fullscreen mode)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2008, 11:12 am 
Resident Scholar

Only in "windowed mode"?
How does that make sense?
I don't even know how to play games in windowed mode if there's no obvious option in the menu...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2008, 9:00 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Only in "windowed mode"?
How does that make sense?
I don't even know how to play games in windowed mode if there's no obvious option in the menu...

Usually pressing "Alt-Enter" allows you to play many games in windowed mode. Also I don't think there is any freeware software that lets you record long videos from DirectX or OpenGL sources.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 26th, 2008, 9:59 pm 
Regular

Hey, I've been wanting to upload dvds and vhs' to my computer. I know I need a converter box (that let's me take AV cables and plug it into a usb port), but do you know what type (brand name) I need?

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2008, 1:39 am 
Major Contributor

Cab329 wrote:
Hey, I've been wanting to upload dvds and vhs' to my computer. I know I need a converter box (that let's me take AV cables and plug it into a usb port), but do you know what type (brand name) I need?

Do you mean stream video from your DVD player or VHS player to your computer? Do you need to capture the video and save it on your computer? For that you'll need a special tuner card for your PC that accepts the inputs from your DVD or VHS player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2008, 2:00 am 
Regular

I need to capture and save. I'll go look up tuner cards now. Thank you! :D

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 27th, 2008, 10:57 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
I don't think there is any freeware software that lets you record long videos from DirectX or OpenGL sources.

:lol:
I don't need long videos - 60 seconds DO suffice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2008, 2:02 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I have a couple problems I am trying to figure out, and need some help from those more "in the know" than myself.

The first problem is that I am having a problem with a black screen coming up when I start certain games and when I try to full screen my video player. For example, when I start Warcraft 3, half the time the actual game starts, I can hear it running and hit keys, but my screen is just black. This has now happened to me with Serious Sam II, and it has happened with different graphics cards. (I recently tried out an old card my friend had laying around, same problem.) It recently started on my video player (I'm using Gom player atm), which is really odd to me. I believe it is a monitor problem, but I am not completely sure. I don't thin it is a graphics card problem anymore, and I now have a new, reformatted operating system, but the problem remains.

The other problem seems to be a problem with my dvd drive and vista. I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, and my dvd drive doesn't seem to fully work with it. It's a 3 year old drive, and it no longer recognizes DVDs, only CDs, and has lost all burning capability. It hasn't had a firmware update for about 1.8 years now, so I think I just need to get a newer one. Just wanted to make sure that is probably the problem at hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2008, 2:22 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
The first problem is that I am having a problem with a black screen coming up when I start certain games and when I try to full screen my video player. For example, when I start Warcraft 3, half the time the actual game starts, I can hear it running and hit keys, but my screen is just black. This has now happened to me with Serious Sam II, and it has happened with different graphics cards. (I recently tried out an old card my friend had laying around, same problem.) It recently started on my video player (I'm using Gom player atm), which is really odd to me. I believe it is a monitor problem, but I am not completely sure. I don't thin it is a graphics card problem anymore, and I now have a new, reformatted operating system, but the problem remains.

Do you have another monitor to connect your video card to? Have you tried installing the latest drivers? Also some older graphics cards and drivers have issues with Windows Vista, especially 64-bit edition, and since the graphics card is used during video play back as well, it can cause issues in 2D or 3D apps. Which graphics card do you have and which driver are you using?

Acmurphy wrote:
The other problem seems to be a problem with my dvd drive and vista. I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, and my dvd drive doesn't seem to fully work with it. It's a 3 year old drive, and it no longer recognizes DVDs, only CDs, and has lost all burning capability. It hasn't had a firmware update for about 1.8 years now, so I think I just need to get a newer one. Just wanted to make sure that is probably the problem at hand.

Vista shouldn't have any issues with DVD players given it's universal driver compatibility but you may need to install chipset drivers for you motherboard (since it could be an issue with the PATA controller). What motherboard are you using and are you using any other drives on the same PATA controller?

A firmware update may help as well though usually it should not be necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 11th, 2008, 3:56 pm 
Post Master

I had that black screen problem before with games. My on-board graphics card was colliding with my stronger one, causing my screen to go black every time I exited. Took a VERY long time to figure out how to fix it.

To fix it, I went to my system properties, hardware tab, device manager, display adapters, then I disabled my on-board card.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next