Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 16th, 2017, 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2007, 12:33 am 
Major Contributor

Amex_Yohko wrote:
I think PS3 will be the best next-gen console ever.I already saw few screens of upcoming PS3 games and it was awesome.Even better than most current XBOX 360 games.

The only thing I don't like about PS3 is its killing the PS2.Bully,Final Fantasy XII and God of War 2 are the last great games for PS2 and I expect no more of them.

The only thing that PS3 has going for it in terms of graphics is the cell. The 360 has a superior graphics card, and superior video memory. Hence the PS3 will have to rely on the Cell in order to make up for the disadvantage it has is raw graphical processing capability and memory size (i.e. the PS3 only has 256MB of dedicated video memory, whereas the 360 has 512MB)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2007, 8:20 am 

360 has 512MB shared memory. It can scale memory usage between the Xenon and ATI GPU. The 360 has a superior graphics card? That's new to me.

The PS3 has 256MB GDDR3 dedicated to the GPU and 256 XDRAM for the Cell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2007, 10:04 am 
Major Contributor

Dei wrote:
360 has 512MB shared memory. It can scale memory usage between the Xenon and ATI GPU. The 360 has a superior graphics card? That's new to me.

The PS3 has 256MB GDDR3 dedicated to the GPU and 256 XDRAM for the Cell.

Yes and that 512MB of memory can be used for anything whereas the PS3 is limited to 256MB, anything above that and things will start to take a dive performance wise. Not to mention 360 also as the 10MB of fast eRAM for antialiasing purposes. And yes the R500 is a better video card compared to the G70 chip inside the PS3. It's unified architecture also gives it greater versatility since it can adjust the balance between using vertex or pixel shaders for any one scene, whereas the G70 has a fixed number of pixel and vertex shader units, meaning there will be bottlenecks at one point or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 8:16 am 
Newcomer

Personaly i think it is worth it, for one game alone (and not the obvious one) Haze that was created by Free Radical, its got four player co-op and better graphics than Gears of War! And then its online funtion looks pefect also :) A few glitches but they're sorting it :D
Damn, i sound like a bloody sony sales man :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 14th, 2007, 11:51 am 

Personally now that the PS3 price has been droped to 300 dollars and has ton of great games coming out next year, Yeah. The two things dragging it down corrected, I'm off to go get mine.