Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Future of Videogames
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 4:53 am 
Regular

Just an interesting article I found regarding the possible evolution of games in 20 years. :D

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3160292

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 10:13 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
In my theory,video games will extinct about 20 years from now.In that time kids and teenagers no longer interested in video games.Instead they prefer something which still not yet exist today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 7:51 am 
Resident Scholar

Amex_Yohko wrote:
Instead they prefer something which still not yet exist today.

I don't think that video games will be out of fashion so soon, but I'm sure their form of presentation will change so that today's gamers will hardly still recognize the version of Quake or HalfLife issued in 2065 as a "video" game. :D
I mean, now they're talking about taking the controls out of your hands right into your head, and following that it's possible that games will soon actually not just be controlled by but entirely played inside your head!
Let's say by projecting images right into the necessary regions of your brain... the "Ego Trip" of Total Recall minus the implanted hardware or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 11:40 am 

I don't thing video games will ever go out of fashion. Given that the 80% of all video gamers are in the 30s or older and 60% percent are women. Yes while they count flash game players gamers which ticks me off that is quiet different from the image that vidoe games possess.

I also agree with 42317, I think game in fifty sixty years will be moved off of the screen and hand held controls and into our heads, I can't wait for that. Of course this could also lead tothe down fall of video games as it would become rather difficult to tell what is real and what is not. Which could lead to the banning of video games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 8:32 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
I don't think that video games will be out of fashion so soon, but I'm sure their form of presentation will change so that today's gamers will hardly still recognize the version of Quake or HalfLife issued in 2065 as a "video" game. :D
I mean, now they're talking about taking the controls out of your hands right into your head, and following that it's possible that games will soon actually not just be controlled by but entirely played inside your head!
Let's say by projecting images right into the necessary regions of your brain... the "Ego Trip" of Total Recall minus the implanted hardware or so.

Another, even more intriuging possibility, is that games might eventually develop to the point where they can distort one's perception of time and space, allowing one to live out 'years' in a game. Imagine playing the MMORPG of the future, where you can create a character, "live" as him/her from childhood to adulthood, have hundreds of adventures, and maybe even have a family inside the game. Then, once the character's "life" is over, you log out from the game to find out that only a few hours have passed in real life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 8:09 am 

That would be sweet!!!

Still I think one of the possiblities is one day humanity will develope to the point where after a certain age people enter a stasis and live in multiple game worlds entirely. Again that would be sweet, not as sweet as Zaxares though, still something more I'll have to make certain I live ofr another sixty years to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 7:12 am 
Lurker

let's jsut hope they don't still run on windows, or you'd end up with a matrix-like scenario : crash = frazzled brain (the body can't survive without the mind etc. :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 9:56 am 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
Another, even more intriuging possibility, is that games might eventually develop to the point where they can distort one's perception of time and space, allowing one to live out 'years' in a game.

We already have that. It's called "World of Warcraft" and the only different point is you still need a mouse and a screen. 8)