Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FF7 remake confirmed (lets hope so)
PostPosted: May 28th, 2007, 5:09 pm 

I stumbled upon this little tidbit of information. I would piss my pants if this were confirmed by square.

Quote:
...based on the frech RPG magasine "Gameplay RPG" that is:

"LE CHOC! A quelques heures du bouclage, voilà que tombe entre mes mains un communiqué officiel de SE indiquant le "remake du tres apprécié FF VII sur Ps3, uniquement". Alors que Sony se faisait du mauvais sang avec toutes ces exclusivités qui lui passent sous le nez, voila qu'une annonce vient flatter son catalogue. SE n'en finit pas de surprendre puisque, rappellons-le, depuis la demo technologique de FF VII pour annopncer l'arrivée de la PS3, rien n'avait filtré. (...) Une démo devrait etre présentée à la prochaine SquareEnix Party."

Basically, it says that they were holding the official SE communique stating the announcement of a FFVII's remake for the PS3 exclusively

Quote:

Translation:

The guys main informer from Square Enix has informed him that there is a possibility of the much appreciative FFVII remake for the PS3 only. Even though Sony has had bad blood with exclusive games as of late, this is an announcement that could make up for the entire "catalogue".(I'm guessing, list of exclusives that were lost) It's not guaranteed basically nor is the demo they used for the PS3 a couple of years ago to be true, but there is a possibility of a demo being made available at the next SE party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2007, 5:54 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I have been waiting to hear about a remake for FF7 for a long time now. With FF7 being one of my favorite RPG's, this would actually get me to by a PS3. Since as of now I have not been tempted by any of the games they currently have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2007, 6:12 pm 

I have been wanting a FF7 remake since the PS2 hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2007, 9:21 pm 
Regular

As much as I love FFVII, even a remake isn't enough for me to purchase a PS3. :?

I'll just wait and see if they port it to PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 12:59 am 
Resident Admin

Well if its any consolation, by the time the FF7 remake comes out the PS3 is going to be fairly cheap. At least compared to its current prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 11:03 am 

Yeah, I was expecting this one since they remade of opening cinematic. Sure they said they weren't going to do it, but fans boys made them, I'm guessing threw millions of angry death threats if they don't.

Still it may or may not make me buy a PS3 over the compition. I'm waiting for the next round as each consel has a strong lead title either out or in production, Wii had Zelda, Xbox Halo 3, and now FFII for the PS3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 4:36 pm 

Halo 3 isn't all that good... it's more like Halo 2.5. I don't know what Bungie was thinking.... I'm a pretty big Halo fan myself but this is just terrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 12:14 pm 

Sublyminal please explain because that's the only reason I'm even thinking about buying a 360 and I'm sure that the case for a lot of people. I thought it wasn't coming out until this October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 5:25 pm 
Resident Admin

The Adict wrote:
Yeah, I was expecting this one since they remade of opening cinematic. Sure they said they weren't going to do it, but fans boys made them, I'm guessing threw millions of angry death threats if they don't.

Well, that and the fact that they will make a frickin ton load of money off remaking a game in which they already have all the base story lines and such done. Well, I guess they could change things up, but that might piss off the people that want a true remake, as opposed to using the same characters and changing things up some. I really wouldn't mind either, but whatever they do, they better not just half-ass it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 7:45 pm 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
Well, that and the fact that they will make a frickin ton load of money off remaking a game in which they already have all the base story lines and such done. Well, I guess they could change things up, but that might piss off the people that want a true remake, as opposed to using the same characters and changing things up some. I really wouldn't mind either, but whatever they do, they better not just half-ass it.

Sooo... There's no chance of getting a revised storyline where Aeris lives? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 8:40 pm 
Resident Admin

Zaxares,

Who knows, but that's such a major point of the first one I doubt they are going to take it out. I think they will spend a lot of time making it the most awesome scene you have ever seen in a game. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 7:53 am 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
Zaxares,

Who knows, but that's such a major point of the first one I doubt they are going to take it out. I think they will spend a lot of time making it the most awesome scene you have ever seen in a game. 8)

Noooooooooo!!!

Still, I have to admit that it was an excellent plot device for making me want to hunt down Sephiroth. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 12:38 pm 

Never played the game, but as with any one that's been playing games for awhile or picked up the amazing FF VII movie, I've seen the orginal scene and know the basic story line. And i have to say they can't really save her without having to rewrite nearly everything. Which as a writer I can state is harder then just right something completely knew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 4:00 pm 

The Adict wrote:
Sublyminal please explain because that's the only reason I'm even thinking about buying a 360 and I'm sure that the case for a lot of people. I thought it wasn't coming out until this October.

Well, it's just Halo 2 all over again with minor updated gfx, it doesn't look no where near as good as Gears, plus it's still bugged really bad, and they want a September release? I've played the H3 Beta and i've played the Warhawk beta for the PS3 and by far Warhawk beta rips H3 beta in half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 10:32 pm 
Major Contributor

If this comes out, and I happen to own a PS3 by then, I may check it out just to see what all the fuss about FF7 is about.