Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Video Game Genres we love.
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 12:05 pm 

Yes hell has frozen over, I am actually putting up a post that won't cause fighting!

I decided to put up this post so we could all go on and on about our favorite video game genres.

For me I admit I'm a two timer, I love adventure/puzzle games and RPGs what can I say?
Why do I like these two genres, well besides them being the first genres I played, I lovew the unrivaled depth of game play and story line. Plus I like a game that will keep me busy for over twenty hours max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 7:31 pm 
Newcomer

RPGs... I love them to death. Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Lufia, Disgaea, bring them on. Nothing amuses me more than playing the same game for 60+ hours

----

I suck at RTS, but I was big on Age of Empires, Warcraft 1 and 2 and Starcraft.

-----

Oh, and I like fighting games, Tekken and Soul Caliber being my favorites

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 8:46 pm 
Regular

I play almost every genre of video games out there, except for sports and driving simulations.

My favorite genre is the RPG though. I also have a fondness for RTS games, even though I'm terrible at them. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 8:48 pm 

RPG and Strategy, also have a thing for the MMORPG right now with WoW. besides that nothing really that can keep me interested long.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 8:49 am 
Resident Scholar

I like strategy games, round-based that is.
Some people might remember my graving for the Combat Mission series.
But strictly speaking these are computer games... I guess video games are those played on some kinda console like Sony's, SEGA's or Nintendo's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 5:27 pm 

well my favorite strategy game of all time is heroes of might and magic 3, I played that for hours on end non stop for several years.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 8:06 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
I make this one in list.

1.RTS(C & C series,Warhammer Dawn of War,Company of Heroes)
2.TBS(Disgea series,Super Robot Wars series)
3.RPG(FF series)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 9:05 pm 

Damn I love almost everything...

Let's see....

1.RPG's...since they last more than other games...ha...
2.1st Person Shooters....cause they are so damn fun against friends...
3.Fighting.....same reason as above...

And everything else...ha...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 11:07 am 

Hummm okay so in other words we all love games but most of us like RPGs best, interesting, though most of us like them because of their length, which I can understand most good RPGs last a good 40+ hours that at minimuim of two game for the price of one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 1:50 am 
Lurker

I go with the old school. My two favorite genres are 2-D fighters and shmups. Both are literally the kind of games you could play forever. With fighting games you can spend endless amounts of time practicing your execution and combos to prepare for fighting against human opponents. After fighting human opponnents, you then go back to the drawing board to figure out what worked, what didn't work, etc.

Shmups offer the same type of replayability, assuming they are well made. It's not very difficult to cruise through a game like Ikaruga on Easy with the Continues cranked up as high as they can go. However, trying to playing through the game on harder difficulties while doing combos and aiming for a high score basically makes for a completely different experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 4:43 am 
Regular

rurounijf wrote:
Shmups offer the same type of replayability, assuming they are well made. It's not very difficult to cruise through a game like Ikaruga on Easy with the Continues cranked up as high as they can go. However, trying to playing through the game on harder difficulties while doing combos and aiming for a high score basically makes for a completely different experience.

Oooh, I miss shmups, actually! Particularly the old side-scrolling shmups. Ikaruga was fun, but I only played it at the arcade, so it was probably on some ridiculously high difficulty setting. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 10:38 pm 

I love them too....also enjoyed Ikaruga....and others from like every system from the Nes onwards...ha...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 12:42 am 
Lurker

Zaxares wrote:
Oooh, I miss shmups, actually! Particularly the old side-scrolling shmups. Ikaruga was fun, but I only played it at the arcade, so it was probably on some ridiculously high difficulty setting. :?

I actually wished I had started playing the game at a harder difficulty. I first played it at a friend's house right after he got it for his DC. We started off on Easy, which was a huge mistake. We basically memorized the entire game on Easy, but a lot of the mechanics of the game (such as the fact that an explosion of bullets ensues when you shoot enemies the same color as you) change when you switch to Normal, which made the game that much more difficult to play. Normal seemed really hard when we started, but it was even harder after we got used to Easy. Now whenever I play shmups, I never play them below Normal difficulty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 10:50 am 

Only one thing from the noob, what the heck is a shmups?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 11:28 am 

Abbreviation for shoot' em ups? Basically top down view plane shooting games.