Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 8:28 pm 
Regular

spazmaster666 wrote:
I dunno, it takes forever to get to Arbiters, so attacking with Zealots at that point, wouldn't they get raped by Reavers (as long as you have an observer or some cannons lying around.) If you were Terran, well Firebats (or just lift up your buildings) is the obvious choice but by that stage of the game, Science Vessel + irradiate or Tanks + Vultures (and spider mines) should be pretty devastating. With Zerg all you'd need is lurkers.

I always play Zerg. The trouble is that my brother usually warps one or two Observers along with the bunch so the Zealots can quickly hunt down and kill any Lurkers I leave behind as guardians. Like 42, I'm not that fast at RTS games, so I usually lag well behind my brother in terms of tech trees and army creation.

That's alright though. Most of the time I usually convince him to play with me as an ally against computer opponents. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 2:38 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I always play Zerg. The trouble is that my brother usually warps one or two Observers along with the bunch so the Zealots can quickly hunt down and kill any Lurkers I leave behind as guardians. Like 42, I'm not that fast at RTS games, so I usually lag well behind my brother in terms of tech trees and army creation.

That's alright though. Most of the time I usually convince him to play with me as an ally against computer opponents. :lol:

Yeah playing the Zerg aginst Protoss is generally a bad idea. Though Zealots shouldn't be sufficient to take out a Lurker/Sunken defense.

One more thing about Starcraft II that I hope will be addressed is the fact that not everyone wants matches that only last thirty minutes. One of the best things about Starcraft were those epic, 90+ minute 4 vs. 4 matches (usually on a money map) Of course, the single player better be pretty damn good too. Playing online against other players is fun but the campaign was always more satisfying for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 9:00 pm 
Regular

A new Terran unit called the Banshee is up on the main site.

... Is it just me or does the Banshee remind you of the Orca from the C&C series? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25th, 2007, 12:45 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
A new Terran unit called the Banshee is up on the main site.

... Is it just me or does the Banshee remind you of the Orca from the C&C series? :P

I'm sure that was one of the influences for it since C&C was a pretty influential game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 3:44 am 
Regular

A new Terran unit, the Thor, is up on the Terran page.

Good lord, it's like a Siege Tank on steroids. :shock: I think I've just found my new favorite Terran unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 2:39 am 
Regular

I feel like some update bot for this thread. :P

Anyway, the Protoss Mothership is up on the Protoss page. No real new information about it, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 3:27 am 
Post Master

For some reason I can't read any of the features pages, I get this:

Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT stylesheet:http://www.starcraft2.com/layout/protoss-mothership.xsl

This didn't happen before. Tried both IE and Firefox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 3:22 pm 
Major Contributor

The Thor and Viking units are reminiscent of Macross. Is anyone else seeing the similarities?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 7:53 am 
Regular

Mmsven wrote:
For some reason I can't read any of the features pages, I get this:

Error loading stylesheet: A network error occured loading an XSLT stylesheet:http://www.starcraft2.com/layout/protoss-mothership.xsl

This didn't happen before. Tried both IE and Firefox.

Can't say I've ever had that error, nor am I a tech guru, so I can't help you any further. :?

spazmaster666 wrote:
The Thor and Viking units are reminiscent of Macross. Is anyone else seeing the similarities?

Oh yeah. Not that I'm complaining though. Macross was always one of my favorite series. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 9th, 2007, 5:47 pm 
Post Master

Zaxares wrote:
Can't say I've ever had that error, nor am I a tech guru, so I can't help you any further. :?

It doesn't happen anymore, weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 28th, 2007, 3:05 am 
Post Master

Christ, I want to see the Terran video, but it's size is ridiculous, when are they going to add a non-HD video?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2007, 11:47 pm 
Regular

The good old Battlecruiser is up on the Terran page. :D

I like the idea of its Plasma Torpedoes, but watching that video didn't leave me impressed; the Plasma Torpedoes seem pretty weak if it takes that long to kill a bunch of Marines. The Yamato Cannon also seems to have been toned down; it can't destroy a Protoss Crystal in one shot anymore.

One thing I DO like, however, is the fact that the Battlecruiser now fires a number of smaller laser shots instead of just one slow shot like it did in SC1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 10:11 am 

Crystal? If its the Pylon, the Yamato Gun could never take out a Pylon in a single shot. Photon Cannons and Missile Turrets though, are fair meat. It does about 250 damage slap, and a Pylon has 300 shields and hit points, making it pretty damn sturdy.

The Battlecruiser's new attack would probably render it more vulnerable to the scourge if they still are there. Since they used to just OHKO scourge, rendering them pretty damn ineffective.

I think the Plasma Torpedoes are pretty impressive though. Those marines lit up pretty quick, and it was still firing when they were burning to hell, so it'll probably work wonders against hydralisks and zealots and the like.

I'm not sure if the Viking would be entirely superior to the Goliath. The Goliaths were pretty good at anti-air role. And the Vikings need to take to the air to go anti-air. And if its anything like traditions, air fighters tend to have great anti-air attack and lousy air attack so..... but then it'd be great to drop a whole lot straight in the middle of an enemy base, while charging a force in from the outside. Kill them inside out. And I heard they can still take air from the ground anyway. Looks like the Terran are still gonna be the versatile race they used to be... but quite a lot of work to manage since their troops are so specialized. Supply Depot walls are pretty lol though... since it was the fans that started using them as walls first. I do wish the Thor lasers fired more impressively.... it doesn't look like much. And when did lasers have bloody recoil :<

I might use the ghost more now, since it has 70 health. Its old 45 was rather pathetic. And now it can snipe :D

Not sure if I'd use the drop pods much though. Sure you can dump marines wherever the hell you want, but its like 300 gas for the drop.

I wonder how early the power plant can be bought though. We might be seeing marine rushes on a zergling rush scale depending....

About Zerg vs Protoss back on the previous page... I'd take the battle to the air. Corsairs might make a bit of a mess, but Devourers mix with Mutalisks should be great enough for anti air. Mutas count as small, so Corsair's explosive damage do smack to Mutalisks anyway. Scouts hit hard, but are horrible value for money. Carriers look scary but really aren't all that. Guardians pretty much clean the ground, and all the ground has the offer is Dragoons, Archons and High Templars. But generally its the Dragoons, which are fat and you can abuse the terrain and snipe them with Guardians and stuff, and same can be said for Archons which also have dismal range. I have no respect for the Protoss airforce :P
And once Reavers are employed correctly, Zerg ground forces are screwed as hell anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 8:46 am 
Regular

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/carrier.xml

The Carriers are up on the Protoss page. Aside from a cosmetic makeover and the fact that interceptors are automatically built now, they seem largely unchanged from SC1.

After watching the video on the page... Did it always take that long for Carriers to defeat a Battlecruiser? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 11:55 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Zaxares wrote:
After watching the video on the page... Did it always take that long for Carriers to defeat a Battlecruiser? :shock:

Wow, it took those Carriers forever to kill that battlecruiser! I thought it was going to destroy one of the carriers before it went down! I was a big Protoss/Carrier fan back in the day, I hope they didn't nerf them as much as it seemed right there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next