Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:47 am


All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 11:12 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
Moonunit wrote:
Disable your firewall and try to download it.


Tried that. Didn't work. :?

I'll try spaz's link when I get back tonight. I doubt my workplace would appreciate me downloading a 500 MB file. :P

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 8:30 am 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
They added the terran section about 2 days ago, and here are 2 videos I found with terran in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNcTcHrhRD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpTCpLEK5s

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 8:39 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
Moonunit wrote:
They added the terran section about 2 days ago, and here are 2 videos I found with terran in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNcTcHrhRD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpTCpLEK5s


Much longer than 2 days, Moonunit. :wink:

I really like the Vikings (Macross FTW!) and the fact that you can upgrade Command Centers into heavy defensive batteries. From screenshots, I know that the Medics are back as well, although they aren't up on the site yet. I wonder if the Firebats made it back. Even if I never used them much, I always liked them.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 4:48 am 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 26th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Austin, Texas
Found out a few days ago that they are in fact going to keep carriers in the game. :D

Also found out that the Protoss Mothership is going to be ever more powerful and versatile than previously explained, and you'll be able to build more than one. :lol: But now they've made it so it can't attack ground (otherwise it would be a cheap unit)

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 7:26 am 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
spazmaster666 wrote:
Found out a few days ago that they are in fact going to keep carriers in the game. :D

Also found out that the Protoss Mothership is going to be ever more powerful and versatile than previously explained, and you'll be able to build more than one. :lol: But now they've made it so it can't attack ground (otherwise it would be a cheap unit)


Yeah, they're called Tempests now.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they're going to allow you to build more than one Mothership. Since they first announced it, I liked the idea of each race possibly having one Superunit, much like the special units from the Command and Conquer series. I guess that idea's now out the window.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2007, 3:54 am 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: March 14th, 2007, 7:39 am
Posts: 199
Actually, the Tempests were scrapped for the traditional Carriers. Tempests were nearly identical to the Carriers, in any case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 2:22 am 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 26th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Austin, Texas
Zaxares wrote:
I'm actually a little disappointed that they're going to allow you to build more than one Mothership. Since they first announced it, I liked the idea of each race possibly having one Superunit, much like the special units from the Command and Conquer series. I guess that idea's now out the window.


Well I can see the Protoss having a superunit and possibly the Terran, the Zerg having one doesn't really seem to make much sense. The Zerg are all about the swarm and power in numbers so they would not seem to be a race fitting for a "superweapon" at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Of course we still haven't heard about whether or not spellcasters such as Dark Archons or Defilers will be kept in the game.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 3:25 am 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
spazmaster666 wrote:
Well I can see the Protoss having a superunit and possibly the Terran, the Zerg having one doesn't really seem to make much sense. The Zerg are all about the swarm and power in numbers so they would not seem to be a race fitting for a "superweapon" at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Of course we still haven't heard about whether or not spellcasters such as Dark Archons or Defilers will be kept in the game.


True, but the Zerg still have a precedent of having rare, but abnormally powerful members. Case in point: the Cerebrates, as well as unique Hero units like the Torrasque.

I doubt that we'll see Dark Archons back in SC2, given that Twilight Archons (the apparent successor to both archons) can be formed via the merging of two High Templars, two Dark Templars, or even a High and Dark Templar. It may be that the two different templars will decide what sort of powers the resulting Archon will have, though.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 1:52 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Judging from the videos this game has awesome graphics and options.
That mobile fort is cool, to say the least...
But I won't be able to play it before I can afford a new computer with current "abilities".
Which will take between one and two years. :cry:
But, hey, the game will have become cheaper then, compared to its issue date. :D
Most likely at least.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2007, 5:29 am 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 26th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Austin, Texas
Zaxares wrote:
I doubt that we'll see Dark Archons back in SC2, given that Twilight Archons (the apparent successor to both archons) can be formed via the merging of two High Templars, two Dark Templars, or even a High and Dark Templar. It may be that the two different templars will decide what sort of powers the resulting Archon will have, though.


Well I was basically just hoping that they will keep the spell-casting aspect of the game mostly intact since Blizzard is emphasizing "action RTS" for Starcraft II which suggests that spell-casting could be considered a secondary concern for them. I hope that's not the case since the spell casters were some of the most interesting and sometimes devastating units in the game.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 6:42 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
spazmaster666 wrote:
... since the spell casters were some of the most interesting and sometimes devastating units in the game.

Oh hell, Protoss Psionics (what were they called?)... the only thing I remember as being more demoralizing were the Protoss carriers (although they were quite vulnerable facing Zerg Scourges).

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 8:39 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: March 26th, 2007, 4:09 am
Posts: 556
Location: The Bastion of Imagination
The Dark Templars are up on the Protoss page now. They seem largely unchanged from their SC1 incarnation (apart from their new double-scythe style weapon).

My brother had a highly annoying tactic he always used against me which involved a whole lotta zealots, 1 Arbiter and 2 High Templars. He would use the templars to create illusionary copies of the Arbiters, send the whole lot into my base (and I could never find out which was the REAL Arbiter in time), warp all the zealots into my base, and then proceed to cripple all my harvesting and production facilities.

_________________
In the end, all we have are the stories we can tell. And, if we are fortunate, somebody who will listen. - sylara{Z}


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:10 am 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
42317 wrote:
Oh hell, Protoss Psionics (what were they called?)... the only thing I remember as being more demoralizing were the Protoss carriers (although they were quite vulnerable facing Zerg Scourges).

You must be talking about the High Templars. They use Psionic Storm and destroy just about everything, it really pisses me off sometimes.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 6:32 am 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 26th, 2007, 7:33 pm
Posts: 1210
Location: Austin, Texas
Zaxares wrote:
My brother had a highly annoying tactic he always used against me which involved a whole lotta zealots, 1 Arbiter and 2 High Templars. He would use the templars to create illusionary copies of the Arbiters, send the whole lot into my base (and I could never find out which was the REAL Arbiter in time), warp all the zealots into my base, and then proceed to cripple all my harvesting and production facilities.


I dunno, it takes forever to get to Arbiters, so attacking with Zealots at that point, wouldn't they get raped by Reavers (as long as you have an observer or some cannons lying around.) If you were Terran, well Firebats (or just lift up your buildings) is the obvious choice but by that stage of the game, Science Vessel + irradiate or Tanks + Vultures (and spider mines) should be pretty devastating. With Zerg all you'd need is lurkers.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 5:12 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Moonunit wrote:
High Templars - They use Psionic Storm and destroy just about everything

Yes, High Templars, Dark Templars and all the likes... those fiends!

spazmaster666 wrote:
If you were Terran, well Firebats (or just lift up your buildings) is the obvious choice but by that stage of the game, Science Vessel + irradiate or Tanks + Vultures (and spider mines) should be pretty devastating. With Zerg all you'd need is lurkers.

Sounds so easy... but it takes a certain talent to coordinate all the reinforcements and the troop movements and all - which is something I completely lack.

Back in Hirosaki we had a few fine Chinese gentlemen who used the admin-free university's computer network to play StarCraft. Since I like StarCraft despite the fact that I hardly make it against computer opponents, one of them invited me to a game while we were talking about it.
He sat down next to me and we started. I had a strange feeling in my stomach when I saw his hands fly across the keyboard with hasty, but well-placed finger movements all the time, but I was busy with my set-up. Just when I had built my first bunker, proudly manned with four heroic Marines, my base was swept away by uncountable Hydralisks, filling up the screen completely, like a low coast in a hurricane. It hadn't even lasted ten minutes.

A few days later pretty much the same happened against a guy from Chile. I was about to send my first expeditionary force when my base was attacked by three Carriers and a bunch of Templars supported by Zealots to keep the heat away from them. It was a massacer.

Thus I withdrew from 2P StarCraft. I am far too slow to be effective in such RTS games.
I'll stick to Combat Mission. It's round-based and losing does not devastate my morale so much. :D

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group