Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 11:12 pm 
Regular

Moonunit wrote:
Disable your firewall and try to download it.

Tried that. Didn't work. :?

I'll try spaz's link when I get back tonight. I doubt my workplace would appreciate me downloading a 500 MB file. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 8:30 am 
Post Master

They added the terran section about 2 days ago, and here are 2 videos I found with terran in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNcTcHrhRD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpTCpLEK5s

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 8:39 pm 
Regular

Moonunit wrote:
They added the terran section about 2 days ago, and here are 2 videos I found with terran in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNcTcHrhRD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpTCpLEK5s

Much longer than 2 days, Moonunit. :wink:

I really like the Vikings (Macross FTW!) and the fact that you can upgrade Command Centers into heavy defensive batteries. From screenshots, I know that the Medics are back as well, although they aren't up on the site yet. I wonder if the Firebats made it back. Even if I never used them much, I always liked them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 4:48 am 
Major Contributor

Found out a few days ago that they are in fact going to keep carriers in the game. :D

Also found out that the Protoss Mothership is going to be ever more powerful and versatile than previously explained, and you'll be able to build more than one. :lol: But now they've made it so it can't attack ground (otherwise it would be a cheap unit)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 7:26 am 
Regular

spazmaster666 wrote:
Found out a few days ago that they are in fact going to keep carriers in the game. :D

Also found out that the Protoss Mothership is going to be ever more powerful and versatile than previously explained, and you'll be able to build more than one. :lol: But now they've made it so it can't attack ground (otherwise it would be a cheap unit)

Yeah, they're called Tempests now.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they're going to allow you to build more than one Mothership. Since they first announced it, I liked the idea of each race possibly having one Superunit, much like the special units from the Command and Conquer series. I guess that idea's now out the window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2007, 3:54 am 

Actually, the Tempests were scrapped for the traditional Carriers. Tempests were nearly identical to the Carriers, in any case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 2:22 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I'm actually a little disappointed that they're going to allow you to build more than one Mothership. Since they first announced it, I liked the idea of each race possibly having one Superunit, much like the special units from the Command and Conquer series. I guess that idea's now out the window.

Well I can see the Protoss having a superunit and possibly the Terran, the Zerg having one doesn't really seem to make much sense. The Zerg are all about the swarm and power in numbers so they would not seem to be a race fitting for a "superweapon" at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Of course we still haven't heard about whether or not spellcasters such as Dark Archons or Defilers will be kept in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 3:25 am 
Regular

spazmaster666 wrote:
Well I can see the Protoss having a superunit and possibly the Terran, the Zerg having one doesn't really seem to make much sense. The Zerg are all about the swarm and power in numbers so they would not seem to be a race fitting for a "superweapon" at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Of course we still haven't heard about whether or not spellcasters such as Dark Archons or Defilers will be kept in the game.

True, but the Zerg still have a precedent of having rare, but abnormally powerful members. Case in point: the Cerebrates, as well as unique Hero units like the Torrasque.

I doubt that we'll see Dark Archons back in SC2, given that Twilight Archons (the apparent successor to both archons) can be formed via the merging of two High Templars, two Dark Templars, or even a High and Dark Templar. It may be that the two different templars will decide what sort of powers the resulting Archon will have, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 1:52 pm 
Resident Scholar

Judging from the videos this game has awesome graphics and options.
That mobile fort is cool, to say the least...
But I won't be able to play it before I can afford a new computer with current "abilities".
Which will take between one and two years. :cry:
But, hey, the game will have become cheaper then, compared to its issue date. :D
Most likely at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2007, 5:29 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I doubt that we'll see Dark Archons back in SC2, given that Twilight Archons (the apparent successor to both archons) can be formed via the merging of two High Templars, two Dark Templars, or even a High and Dark Templar. It may be that the two different templars will decide what sort of powers the resulting Archon will have, though.

Well I was basically just hoping that they will keep the spell-casting aspect of the game mostly intact since Blizzard is emphasizing "action RTS" for Starcraft II which suggests that spell-casting could be considered a secondary concern for them. I hope that's not the case since the spell casters were some of the most interesting and sometimes devastating units in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 6:42 pm 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
... since the spell casters were some of the most interesting and sometimes devastating units in the game.

Oh hell, Protoss Psionics (what were they called?)... the only thing I remember as being more demoralizing were the Protoss carriers (although they were quite vulnerable facing Zerg Scourges).

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2007, 8:39 pm 
Regular

The Dark Templars are up on the Protoss page now. They seem largely unchanged from their SC1 incarnation (apart from their new double-scythe style weapon).

My brother had a highly annoying tactic he always used against me which involved a whole lotta zealots, 1 Arbiter and 2 High Templars. He would use the templars to create illusionary copies of the Arbiters, send the whole lot into my base (and I could never find out which was the REAL Arbiter in time), warp all the zealots into my base, and then proceed to cripple all my harvesting and production facilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:10 am 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Oh hell, Protoss Psionics (what were they called?)... the only thing I remember as being more demoralizing were the Protoss carriers (although they were quite vulnerable facing Zerg Scourges).

You must be talking about the High Templars. They use Psionic Storm and destroy just about everything, it really pisses me off sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 6:32 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
My brother had a highly annoying tactic he always used against me which involved a whole lotta zealots, 1 Arbiter and 2 High Templars. He would use the templars to create illusionary copies of the Arbiters, send the whole lot into my base (and I could never find out which was the REAL Arbiter in time), warp all the zealots into my base, and then proceed to cripple all my harvesting and production facilities.

I dunno, it takes forever to get to Arbiters, so attacking with Zealots at that point, wouldn't they get raped by Reavers (as long as you have an observer or some cannons lying around.) If you were Terran, well Firebats (or just lift up your buildings) is the obvious choice but by that stage of the game, Science Vessel + irradiate or Tanks + Vultures (and spider mines) should be pretty devastating. With Zerg all you'd need is lurkers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 5:12 pm 
Resident Scholar

Moonunit wrote:
High Templars - They use Psionic Storm and destroy just about everything

Yes, High Templars, Dark Templars and all the likes... those fiends!

spazmaster666 wrote:
If you were Terran, well Firebats (or just lift up your buildings) is the obvious choice but by that stage of the game, Science Vessel + irradiate or Tanks + Vultures (and spider mines) should be pretty devastating. With Zerg all you'd need is lurkers.

Sounds so easy... but it takes a certain talent to coordinate all the reinforcements and the troop movements and all - which is something I completely lack.

Back in Hirosaki we had a few fine Chinese gentlemen who used the admin-free university's computer network to play StarCraft. Since I like StarCraft despite the fact that I hardly make it against computer opponents, one of them invited me to a game while we were talking about it.
He sat down next to me and we started. I had a strange feeling in my stomach when I saw his hands fly across the keyboard with hasty, but well-placed finger movements all the time, but I was busy with my set-up. Just when I had built my first bunker, proudly manned with four heroic Marines, my base was swept away by uncountable Hydralisks, filling up the screen completely, like a low coast in a hurricane. It hadn't even lasted ten minutes.

A few days later pretty much the same happened against a guy from Chile. I was about to send my first expeditionary force when my base was attacked by three Carriers and a bunch of Templars supported by Zealots to keep the heat away from them. It was a massacer.

Thus I withdrew from 2P StarCraft. I am far too slow to be effective in such RTS games.
I'll stick to Combat Mission. It's round-based and losing does not devastate my morale so much. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next