Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 16th, 2017, 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 4:44 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
In my faculty there's a master's thesis being written about Silent Hill 2... about the prevalence of Japanese cultural elements in the game although on the outside it looks perfectly western, with a big chunk of psychoanalysis... pretty weird (and nerdy) stuff.

Very interesting. I still consider SH2 my favorite out of the whole series that i've played and whenever i play SH2, i do look at it as an interesting experience since it's one of those few video games that isn't sandbox style like the GTA games or any other video game that is of that platform that truly makes me feel like i'm in a movie. Walking through the fog and hearing weird noises makes me think, "Please show yourself already, whatever you are...", and when the electronic device alerts you of creatures nearby with it's sudden loud static, the adrenaline kicks in and you're thinking which strategy, depending on how good or bad the current health the character has, is the better one; whether to stay and fight or whether to make a run for it.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 8:46 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
I was playing Silent Hill 2 yesterday.

In my faculty there's a master's thesis being written about Silent Hill 2... about the prevalence of Japanese cultural elements in the game although on the outside it looks perfectly western, with a big chunk of psychoanalysis... pretty weird (and nerdy) stuff.

I've always figured Silent Hill was a killer series...but...wow... :shock:

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 6:29 pm 

Heavy Rain- I had high hopes for this game due to the reviews it was given. I was not disappointed. The game unfolds just like an interactive movie. You have partial control of the plot by the questions you ask and the steps you take towards finding the Origami Killer. Heavy Rain supposedly has over 20 different endings that you can get (and yes..a trophy does unlock for getting each ending). The game requires a whole 4GB of space on your PS3 and if you buy the game you get a fun piece of paper and instructions to do an origami, while the game instals into your system. :d^_^b:

PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 12:12 am 

Did I just read a "fun piece of paper"?... :sweat:

PostPosted: March 1st, 2010, 12:21 am 
Major Contributor

Bought the Saw video game at the local Game Stop today. At first play, it was a real pain in the posterior trying to get through the very first trap since it's so sudden... But after figuring out the way out of that one, walking around the building and solving puzzles made for an experience of interest and suspense. The Jigsaw games are just as inventive in the video game form as they are in the movies. So far, i believe i've reached the end of the first chapter where i find Amanda and i have to tinker around with the antidote machine. I thought after figuring out the first part of this riddle, it was all in the clear but then it gets more complicated and i'm still working on how to clear the whole thing.

While not having Danny Glover to reprise Detective Tapp in voice form again, they certainly found someone who could give off the tone that Tapp had in the first Saw movie. However, i do have to comment that Tapp looks a bit younger and sometimes i wondered whether i was playing as Timothy Young due to how young the character looked as opposed to how older Tapp should've been designed for the game. Tobin Bell as the voice of Jigsaw proves that he's a menacing figure no matter what platform he's on, whether it's the movies or the video game world. They could even invent a Jigsaw read along book for the kids and the little kiddies would probably be shaking a bit every time Jigsaw tells them to "turn the page" :P2: .

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2010, 1:32 am 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. One of the best shooters I have ever played. I thought the campaign was a perfect length, unlike what most people say. Right now I am going to try and beat the campaign on the highest difficulty. The online multi-player is more addictive than Halo 3 or Team Fortress too. For some reason it is more laid back than Halo 3 and doesn't really require that much skill.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2010, 11:59 am 
Major Contributor

Happy to say that i passed the Amanda stage on the Saw video game. Now i'm playing to save some guy named Jennings Foster and the last place i managed to get was the boiler room where i'm trying to figure out the gear puzzle. The fact that i'm already at that puzzle means that i took out the Berserker in the room beforehand. Considering how the sign says "Welcome to the heart of the boiler room" and the puzzle looks somewhat like a heart, i've been having a hard time figuring out the correct way the pieces fit.

The puzzles in this game that i really like are the lock picking puzzles. They're very fun and easy to figure out when you know how it works. I do have to comment that Tapp ain't the best fighter or maybe i'm not quick enough because every time i have to fight someone and i'm using a weapon, i always get my ass kicked before i can deliver even one blow due to the slow velocity of the weapon hitting. Matter of fact, i had to defeat the Berserker using hand to hand combat and Tapp seems to do better that way since just about every blow got there and quickly. Must be the heavyness that makes the weapons that way.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2010, 5:31 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Happy to say that i passed the Amanda stage on the Saw video game.

Is it the reverse bear trap like in the movie, or do they do something different in the game?

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2010, 5:44 pm 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Happy to say that i passed the Amanda stage on the Saw video game.

Is it the reverse bear trap like in the movie, or do they do something different in the game?

The very first thing you have to do in the game is the reverse beartrap, only it's on Tapp *therefore the character you play as*. I went a good couple of times not knowing what to do, then i noticed lights in different angles featuring the button you have to push to allow Tapp to help take it off. You have to do this three times, hitting a different button on cue for the trap to come off and snap by itself. If you fail, the trap snaps shut on Tapp and "Game over". But the best thing about this game is you definitely can try again immediately since it gives you that option. The reason i was so confused was because it showed the left toggle stick turning in circles which made me assume the way to get it off is by turning that stick in the same speed but that does nothing, kinda like a red herring which makes you think that's the method but what you really have to be attentive to is the circles and what button you have to push on cue. Ironically, the spot where the game begins is in a similar looking bathroom to the infamous bathroom from the first Saw movie.

As for the Amanda trap, it's a totally different game where you and Amanda are rigged to a medical system where you have to apply the proper antidotes *red (L2 button) for Amanda and blue (R2 button) for Tapp*. If Amanda receives a blue antidote or if Tapp receives a red antidote, needles will inject both with more poison for which the purpose of the antidotes are to cure each of the poison in them. It has to be done in a certain order, i found that pressing for Amanda's antidote first then pressing for Tapp's works best and you repeat the process until both are clear. Amanda follows Tapp for a little bit after that, but she very quickly gets "kidnapped" by the pig mask guy *which is most likely a set up to make Tapp think that Jigsaw got her if you know the events of Saw II*.

This game is basically Saw 1.5 because you play as Detective Tapp *he's still alive because despite being shot in the chest by Zepp at the end of the first movie, Jigsaw kept him alive so that he would play the game* and you have to escape an insane asylum where you have to not only solve puzzles, play games, sometimes you even have to save yourself from people who want to kill you because Jigsaw had put a key inside Tapp and everyone who tries to kill Tapp wants the key inside him so they can escape their own traps. For effective self defense, you can bolt doors and you can even arm shotgun traps *ironic considering it was one of those that killed Tapp's partner Sing in the first movie*.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2010, 3:50 pm 

Final fantasy XIII - GameStop ran the midnight opening for FF13 and I went there to get my copy. I got home about 1 AM and put it in (playing until 3AM). Final Fantasy is one serious that rarely disappoints me (here's looking at FFX-2). FF13 has amazing graphics, a great story, and interesting characters. Unlike previous FF games you will only have control over the partys leader while AI controls the rest of your party. The AI is done well and I had no issues as I believe the AI controls my party just as well (if not better) then I was controlling them myself. There is one con to this game, if the character your controlling dies in battle - that's it..Game Over! Final Fantasy XIII was more then worth the wait.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2010, 6:18 pm 
Major Contributor

I was playing a little bit of Resistance: Fall of Man a while ago in the early afternoon. Obviously when i say that, i talk about my lousy luck with first person shooters that aren't originated from arcades :sweat: . Lasted about 10 minutes at the most into the storyline, i'd say entering the building of which you first zoom in and take out the creatures in the balcony area. Though i must say that i really love it when i'm doing a sniper op, only i was using my machine gun rifle instead of a sniper rifle. Crouching for cover and going for the shot at the right time makes for some nice mind calculation 8) regardless of how often you get your ass whupped by the alien scum. :whistle:

PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 5:47 pm 

Started Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS...which has been good upto now...just takes a bit to adjust to the DS controls..I prefered the N64 Turok set-up instead of using the stylus...
Also downloaded the original Metroid for the Nes on the Wii...its great but I dislike not having a map...

Oh and played and finished that same day House of the Dead:Overkill (Wii)...and that is one fusked up game I must say :shock:

PostPosted: March 15th, 2010, 7:20 pm 
Major Contributor

Felt like going postal this afternoon with GTA IV! Nothing like dodging cops, shooting car windows with precise aim, running like the wind, and the mass mayhem that ensues to calm your frazzled nerves. :P2: Well, that and some lap dances at the strip club. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: March 18th, 2010, 4:51 pm 
Major Contributor

I have to admit it, i needed to see a walkthrough vid to pass this one, cause i've been failing the "Escuela of the Streets" mission on GTA IV so many times, it's embarassing. :diss: There's never been any problem with me tailing the dealer and making sure he doesn't notice until he goes to his place. The issue always was lasting more than 10-20 seconds in the shootout vs. all the dealers. :crap: Turns out that using the machine gun and using the entrance door for cover really is the fastest and most effective strategy and i didn't get taken down. :booyah: Of course, Manny gets the credit while Niko *i and i* did all the hard work. :P2:

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 12:19 am 

God of War 3-Just finished GOW3, what an impressive game. GameInformer gave this game a perfect 10/10 and it really deserves the score. The story continues from the 2nd game where Gaia was climbing up to Olympus with Kratos to take on Zeus. Due to circumstances you will find yourself taking on both the Titans in epic battles and the Gods. The weapons you get to use are by far the best weapons in any God of War game (they are actually useful). They also reduced the amount of Eyes and Feathers you require to upgrade your health and magic. From start to finish God of War 3 will certainly take your breath away. 10/10!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 49  Next