Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 8:42 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Than it may be a future purchase :gatsu:

Maybe, if your a fan of the franchise to begin with. If I were gonna say anything negative about it, it's pretty much covered in X-Play's review. I stand by the *** I gave it (which is 1 higher than their **), but the reasons Adam gave for their rating aren't so far off. It helps that I'm a fan of the Silent Hill franchise (where the only console game I haven't at least played some of was Homecoming) but there were some nightmare world sequences
Spoiler
most notably in the nightmare forest and mall sequences
that I really wish I could have just killed some of those things and really explored. That's the biggest complaint I have about this game: you can't bitch about a combat system that just doesn't exist.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 6:34 pm 

Finished No More Heroes 2!! NMH2 was kickass and bloody!! Even better then the first one. For those who haven't played the first game NMH is about being an assassin and your job is to fight your way up the ranks starting at rank 11. In NMH2 you start at rank 52 and fight all the way up to the top. The assassins all have quirky personalities. The cons to this game were the other assassins were far too easy compared to the first game and the camera was a bitch. I give this game 4.5 out of 5 stars.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 7:30 pm 
Major Contributor

After doing some nostalgia trips on Youtube seeing footage from the very first Ridge Racer, i went ahead today and put my old PS1 CD of RR on my PS3. Works like a charm! :D No B.S.

Unfortunately, i've REALLY gotten rusty in my long time away from playing the original so i'm definitely gonna need practice to get back in playing shape. It's happened lots of times but i always bounce back. Now i just need to apply what i learned in one Youtube video if i want to beat that car 13...

PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 1:16 am 

I've been playing some really fun video games lately:

Bioshock- I won't lie I thought Bioshock was supposed to be a scary game along the lines of silent hill and resident evil. I finally gave up and decided to play the game, boy this game is mega fun! It's not scary, but it is a little creepy. Once you defeat your first Big Daddy the game isn't as bad in terms of scary or creepy. The game provides you multiple weapons for taking down an enemy from plasmids (something similar to "magic" i guess) to shotguns and rocket launchers. I would recommend Bioshock to anyone!

Star Ocean International: The Last Hope-This game came out a year ago on the 360 and I was so sad, because square-enix didn't release this RPG on the PS3. Well they must have heard my complaints, because today they released the game for the PS3 finally. I've had the game pre-ordered for some time now and couldn't wait to get home to play it. It's a fantastic RPG and if you have played the previous Star Ocean on the PS2 then you will know the battle system is pretty much still the same. I'm almost caught up in the plot where I left off on my bro's 360. Recommended to anyone who loves RPGs!

PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 6:43 pm 
Major Contributor

The other week, i was mostly playing Sonic Rivals on PSP. I've been playing so far strictly as Knuckles only. I like the game because it's technically a racing game but incorporates the best of the 2D and 3D elements that make the Sonic franchise a big hit. So far, i've made it up to the fourth environment which is the ice world.

Personally, i prefer Rivals over Sonic Riders any day. They're both Sonic racing games but Rivals is not only easier to play but i can't possibly say no to the 2D advantages, could i? I'm not the best at trying to ride the wind when playing Riders, ESPECIALLY when doing it on the Wii... :( It's very sad and embarassing how miserable my performance is in those. :sigh:

PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 10:54 pm 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Bioshock- I won't lie I thought Bioshock was supposed to be a scary game along the lines of silent hill and resident evil. I finally gave up and decided to play the game, boy this game is mega fun! It's not scary, but it is a little creepy. Once you defeat your first Big Daddy the game isn't as bad in terms of scary or creepy. The game provides you multiple weapons for taking down an enemy from plasmids (something similar to "magic" i guess) to shotguns and rocket launchers. I would recommend Bioshock to anyone!

I've always understood Bioshock was supposed to be a FPS; SH and most RE games are 3rd person action/survival horror.

I just picked up a new iMac over the weekend, and saw there's an edition of Bioshock for the Mac while I was at the Apple Store. I don't normally game on the Mac (except for Star Wars: KOTOR an WOW), and it's not often I'd consider a FPS, but I would think about going back to the Apple Store and getting this one once I have some more money.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2010, 1:56 pm 
Major Contributor

I was playing Silent Hill 2 yesterday. First time in a long while and the first time i played the game and was saving it along the way at the parts with the red squares. I had to implement a whole new strategy if i wanted to get further and that was basically keep running and if i see any monsters on the streets, just dodge them cause all that stuff they spit out does not help the health meter. The main reason i had to change to that strategy rather than going to offense with any monster in my way was because it got to that point where one or two more hits and i'm done for. Last save point i managed to get to was the motor home so that definitely tells you i'm hanging on in the beginning part more or less hoping i make it to a point where i can heal... :sweat:

I did manage to get the Apartment Key from the spot on the map with the big question mark on it, now i just have to make sure i don't take another hit from any monster big or small since i tried to make a run for it and my demise came at the hands of one of the small bug-like creatures. Not looking good! :crap:

PostPosted: February 17th, 2010, 11:08 pm 
Lurker

I've won an eBay bet for Batman: Arkham Asylum and I want to play it already. I love the concept: they've made a stealth game where you get to be in strong positions, and where the enemies actually fear you. It's very gratifying to hear the mooks break down while you're taking them down one on one, without even being seen.

You feel exactly like this.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 3:30 pm 

shgarland wrote:
I've always understood Bioshock was supposed to be a FPS; SH and most RE games are 3rd person action/survival horror.

Bioshock is a FPS but has the creepiness of a SH. The music and surrounding are some of the most engrossing story elements in any game I have ever played. I am waiting for a price drop on Bioshock 2 before I check it out.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Fun little game that was only $20. I already beat all the episodes and the only thing to do now is complete all the achievements.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2010, 4:06 pm 
Major Contributor

Libertista wrote:
I've won an eBay bet for Batman: Arkham Asylum and I want to play it already. I love the concept: they've made a stealth game where you get to be in strong positions, and where the enemies actually fear you. It's very gratifying to hear the mooks break down while you're taking them down one on one, without even being seen.

You feel exactly like this.

Very awesome scene!

Was the Scarecrow the villain in that one since that whole scenario is something i'd most likely expect to be his doing since he loves using fear against people. If it's not him, feel free to correct me. I would expect Bruce's ultimate fear to be considered a disgrace by his parents which is another reason why i think it might be Dr. Crane pulling that one on him...

PostPosted: February 20th, 2010, 4:16 am 
Lurker

Yessir. It's the presentation episode for Scarecrow in Batman: The Animated Series. The game will come next week, from what my vendor has said. Between that, and the e-book reader I've acquired too, I'm quite hyped ^^.

Meanwhile, I'm dusting off my emulators. I played a bit with the Dreamcast one, but as it still had lots of issues i decided to uninstall it and put it again. As well, I'm starting No One Lives Forever 2, a series which could have been a great success had the plots been stronger. The gameplay is quite fun though, and the idea of experience points in a shooter has been well-implemented.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2010, 5:49 pm 

Finished Bioshock 1 and I made sure to get the "Good ending" (ie rescue the little sisters). I had to restart Bioshock all over due to my save file becoming corrupt. I can't wait to play the 2nd one. I'm renting all my games for awhile, can't buy anymore games till my vacation (except for FF13!!!).

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 11:39 am 

Well still 2 more characters to unlock on Tatsunoko vs Capcom...I just end up playing more vs with friends than Arcade...

Also almost finishing DeadSpace: Extraction..and I have to say its been awesome up to now...been playing with a friend which makes it more fun...except when his little girl starts wanting our attention :doh:

But I'll probably finish it in these following days...

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2010, 7:11 pm 
Lurker

Ok, Arkham Asylum is made of one third of Win, one third of Cool and one third of Awesome. You are allowed a surprising amount of freedom of movement, the gadgets are ultra-cool (the action camera adds to said coolness) and the graphic quality is, at least for me who hadn't played modern games in ages, in a superlative level. The dub is ABSOLUTELY a must (come on, Kevin Conroy+Mark Hamill+Arleen Sorkin= SMILE IN YOUR FACE), the combat system allows you for a lot of awesome movements... the list of virtues is huge, but you can summarise them in the attention to detail which has been given.

Not that there are no drawbacks. Mainly, the game is full of small glitches, which don't put a problem for gameplay but are quite annoying after seeing the good work put in it. Sometimes for example, your Batgrapple won't work where it should, and you have to restart the game. Or sometimes it will crash and go to the desktop for no reason. Those things don't happen with frequency, but of course it's a bummer. Aside of that, for a game that is so intertwined with Microsoft to the extent that it only lets you play with an Xbox 360 controller (though I've used a little program to bypass it and use my PS3-like controller) it seems not to be too grand in Live's marketplace. Just one extra mission which won't download and some trailers.

Last but no least, I must say that I'm not finding the game too challenging at all, and I started already in Hard difficulty as I had already played the demo in Normal and found it too easy. I don't see how they could make it more challenging. However, the Challenge Mode adds some more difficult tasks for the player to fulfill, so it's not that much.

In fact, one of the best games you'll play. The kind of game the Caped Crusader deserves. I'm happy to see there is a sequel already in production.

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2010, 2:33 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
I was playing Silent Hill 2 yesterday.

In my faculty there's a master's thesis being written about Silent Hill 2... about the prevalence of Japanese cultural elements in the game although on the outside it looks perfectly western, with a big chunk of psychoanalysis... pretty weird (and nerdy) stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 49  Next