Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 2:51 pm 
Major Contributor

rurounijf wrote:
I have tried playing Deathmatches before in CS, but they are just too chaotic for me. While waiting for rounds to end does get frustrating (especially on those nights when you do terrible and it seems like you're always killed within the first 30 seconds no matter what you do), I went crazy when you have maps with 30+ people just running around spraying everything in sight... it was just too hectic for me. If I want craziness, I'll boot up Unreal Tournament 2004. While I'll still die plenty of times from people I can't even see, at least I'll get to feel cool flying the Redeemer around the map.

Well playing online against people you don't know and who are probably much better than you isn't quite the same as playing against your friends at a LAN party. Just the fact that you're playing against people you know in real life makes it fun even if you are getting killed very often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 9:14 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
Just the fact that you're playing against people you know in real life makes it fun even if you are getting killed very often.

And that would be the only reason for me to play such games like CS or Delta Force.
Playing against strangers is not much fun, there's no kick in it. Except for a friend of mine who really got the hang and has a natural talent for timing and stuff. He got kicked from several games accused of cheating although he doesn't. He's just a natural born online killer.
Hm... Delta Force was better in 2001... there were lots of guys with nicknames like "Schutzstaffel", "SS-Panzerdivision" and other Nazi labels and it was helluva fun to kick their buckets right through the forehead. But it seems there was a kinda crackdown on such names because in 2003 none of those were left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm 

Right now playing a bunch a games someone gave me....he doesnt like rpg's...so I have no idea how he got them...

So now playing (some replaying)....
Final Fantasy 7...8...Tactics.....Chronicles...Legends....well really started only 7 and Tactics for now...
Chrono Cross...
Lunar Story Complete I think it was called....it's has SuperNes graphics...

I've always played only the first disc of FF7...mainly cause I hate how they look like legos...thinking of finally completing it....
Chrono Cross replaying....played it before years ago...trying to get the characters I didnt get the first time....
Tactics I've only started...so no opinions on that one yet...but funny how the CG movies for Square have changed in just a few years from simple chocobo's running in the forest to complete movies of characters who look better than us :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 8:36 pm 
Lurker

Lately I've been pretty hooked to Gunz: The Duel all over again. Does anyone play? I'd like to play someone X__x.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 8:44 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Stick with FF7, nowadays the animation isn't very good, but you can't really hold that against it. The graphic were spectacular for its time, as crazy as that may sound.

Chrono Cross, ugh, got 40 hours in and my memory card decided to erase everything on it. I haven't played it since...

Is that Lunar Silver Star Story Complete? Was a pretty good game, but I liked Lunar Eternal Blue more. If you like Lunar Silver, you should definitly check out Eternal Blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 1:52 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords (PC)

So good even I forgot to lunch and dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 12:54 pm 

I started playing Shadow Heart The neew World, yeah I think I'm addicted to the franchise I think. Gave up on star ocean after two hours. DO THOSE PEOPLE EVER SHUT UP!!!? I spent thirty minutes just yaking with a side character before I could leave!! arrrrghhh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 5:48 am 
Major Contributor

Playing Halo 2 Vista. I have to say the graphics are a little disappointing. But it's Halo, so yeah . . . :lol: . . . ironically I'm playing it with an Xbox 360 controller even though it's the PC version . . . XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 11:13 am 

Just finished playing Shadow Hearts the new world. Not a bad game, both endings still could have used alittle work.

Spoilers

Though I can understand why they couldn't make Johny and Shinia more of a couple dew to the difference in appearance but still they could at least have them holding hands or something. Or do more then show Shinia with red eyes having fallen to malice's will.

Spoilers end.

Also they could have made the graphics better there were no where near as good as they could have been, not even up to the previous' standard. Still a decent game, not great but descent, the characters were kinda empty and one demenional on this one which is a let down since the previous had such complex characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 2:44 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
Stick with FF7, nowadays the animation isn't very good, but you can't really hold that against it. The graphic were spectacular for its time, as crazy as that may sound.
Is that Lunar Silver Star Story Complete?

Ah I know there were great for there time...ha but they will still look like lego's...

And yes...it's Lunar Silver Star Story Complete...has a soundtrack and a cd of the making of the game....only heard the soundtrack...havent seen the making yet...

Oh and was playing Madden 2001 on the N64....I never liked football games...but since I was playing with a friend against the computer....it was kind of fun....we lost the first 5 times getting the hang of it....than we won finally 40 something to 7...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2007, 5:33 am 
Lurker

I'm currently hooked to Sword of the New World. MMO formerly knowned as Granado Espada. GRIND GRIND GRIND :x !

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 7:00 am 
Lurker

Rome: Total War (with a mod that i'm a team member of - Ecce, Roma Surrectum!),
Company of Heroes (with the Kmod mod),
Dungeon Keeper 2
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (another old school game).
Civ IV Warlords
and occaisionally others...
looking forward to Starcraft 2, Civ 4: Beyond the Sword, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and MOH Airborne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 2:19 pm 
Major Contributor

Currently playing DiRT on the PC. Pretty slick driving game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2007, 10:59 am 

Started replaying Xenosaga III, still as perfect as I remember.
Then I switched to Prince of Persia 2, finally got the alternate ending.

And now I'm playing threw Ninja Gaiden, again. As I played it I began to remember why I've never got past the first stage on hard mode. The game is easily THE ONE OF HARDEST game ever made! So I'm going back to normal and work my way up. Though to be frank I have now idea how I'm going to beat Alma on hard, let alone Duku. Oh well back to the meat grinder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 10:50 am 

Just got done playing threw God of War 2. To be honest it had everything going for it, but I just couldn't like it as well as the last game. Mean the game play was more fluid and complex. There were more weapons most were sweet. It was longer. But at the end of th day it just wasn't that good. The entire time I was playing I had the nagging feeling that I had done everything before. The sense of grandure of going up against countless massive and an impoosible to beat enemy were gone. Most were enemies were small then you, not to mention there weren't that many. There too many puzzles and not enough hack and slashing. And the fights you did have, there weren't enough enemies. In the last game everytime you had to fight six seven guys at once, this time that only happens rarely. The bosses lost the 'OH MY GOD PLEASE TELL ME I DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT THAT THING!? I AM SO DEAD!' factor and just became average bosses. The amazing customizable combat moves, gone completely dew to the number of weapons. There were a few orginal things but those felt ripped off of other games. The story seemed over worked. In the last game you could connect with Kratos, he had a good reason for revenge and to be a moody bad ass. This time he just seemed like less of a bad ass and more of a jerk.

In the end, I feel like it was a rip off at 40 dollars.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 49  Next