Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 8:20 pm 
Regular

The Adict wrote:
It's not fair all you guys have newer computers and are able to play the new RTSs, weep not fair. But I take as a not the games still cheats liek the bastard ai it is, just like most other C&C games. Zaxers, doesn't 'turtling' building up a huge force of your most powerful units then sending the enemy to hell work in most games? I find that to be true in most RTSs the problem is usually getting enough time to build up your forces so they won't get slaughtered.

That's pretty much what Turtling is, yes; Focus primarily on defenses and holing up in your base while you build up your tech tree and/or an undefeatable force of powerful units, then just crushing your enemy with it.

However, it seems that there are two sub-groups of the Turtler player-type: the Turtler, and the Steamroller. The former (which is more like me) uses various long-range weapons like artillery, aircraft and superweapons to pound the enemy into submission. The Steamroller is the one who focuses more on building up a super-group of units to crush the enemy with.

There are other types of players like the Rusher, the Guerilla, and the Balanced players, but I find their tactics are less useful in campaign missions because unlike skirmish matches, campaign missions usually start off with the enemy already firmly entrenched and with all of their defenses/tech-trees up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 9:59 pm 
Newcomer

well im starting to get back into starcraft after seeing the starcraft 2 demo and super smash bros. melee with the group just getting ready for brawl :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 7:55 am 
Regular

Finished the Scrin campaign of C&C3. Disappointing how it was so short compared to the GDI and Nod campaigns. :( It's probably in between difficulty between the GDI and Nod campaigns (easier than Nod, harder than GDI). The last mission was pretty hairy, but I managed to beat it without cheating thanks to the humongous amount of starting funds you get.

Playing around with the Assault Carriers sure brought back memories of Starcraft though. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 2:32 pm 
Newcomer

Fresnokila wrote:
Finished Pokemon Pearl....right now trying to catch em'all.....even with the online trading....

Same here. I beat the Elite Four a couple weeks ago. I kind of lost my momentum with catching 'em all, but still get around to playing it every once in a while.

I also just bought Pokemon XD and I'm near the end of that one. Just gotta get shadow Lugia and the last 7 or so shadow ones after that.

I still play Wii Sports every once in a while, but I have no money for new games, so I just have my older games to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 1:43 am 
Lurker

I'm playing two different games right now. First is Lunar Knights for the Nintendo DS. I actually searched all over this area looking for a copy of Etrian Odyssey, but Atlus must've only printed off a limited number of them or something. Regardless, Lunar Knights was my second choice so I went ahead and got it. I was actually worried about how well the game would work out since the isometric perspective has sometimes left a little to be desired when it comes to any kind of game on a d-pad. Fortunately, it ended up working pretty well for this game, which was aided by a well-developed lock-on feature.

My only real complaint with the game is that one of your characters, Lucian, is downright awesome while the other character, Aaron, is annoying at best. I've basically been avoiding Aaron as much as possible, which is fairly obvious considering that in my current save Lucian is around level 25 and Aaron is under level 15.

Other than that, I just started playing Perfect Cherry Blossom, a scrolling shooter for the PC. Like just about any decent shooter, it's pretty tough and it took me awhile just to barely scrape my way to the end of the game on Normal. Even so, my score was pathetic at best, so I definitely need to practice up. The main mechanic of the game, though, is that you are supposed to come as close to being hit (or grazed) by the enemy bullets as possible without actually being hit in order to rack up a lot of points and do specials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 2:06 am 

Miranda wrote:
Fresnokila wrote:
Finished Pokemon Pearl....right now trying to catch em'all.....even with the online trading....

Same here. I beat the Elite Four a couple weeks ago. I kind of lost my momentum with catching 'em all, but still get around to playing it every once in a while.

Than maybe you can PM me your friend code...cause I have no one to battle online...I only trade and trade... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 8:14 am 
Major Contributor

Getting hooked on Co-op Gears of War again. After finally finishing the game in Insane mode, I'm bent on finally getting the final Dom achievement (finishing all acts with Dom) . . . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 10:24 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
After I swore I wouldn't play counter-strike anymore, my friend finally got me to cave. I have devoted a large part of my life to playing CS, especially when it was first released, and it seems I can never escape it. It is really amazing how long this game has lasted with lots of people still playing it. Anyone else still play CS? Still trapped by the fact that it's one of the best multiplayer first person shooters still?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 12:35 am 
Lurker

I play CS: Source on very rare occasions. I haven't played 1.6 for years. I have loads of fun playing Source, but I don't play it often just because I get hooked. There were far too many mornings when I went to class without sleep because I woul stay up all night playing CS, and there is only so much that coffee can do for you.

Of course, just like you, I can never actually stay away from it. I will decide I'm not going to play it anymore and sometimes even uninstall the game, but that will only last for a few months. Suddenly the craving will hit and I'm downloading the game again at 1+ Mbps off of Steam. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 4:26 am 
Lurker

I've been playing WC3:FT, SC, and a lotta HL2:DM. Ever since I quit WoW, it's been kinda hard filling the gaming void, but I'm making do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 7th, 2007, 5:45 pm 
Lurker

I tried so hard to get into WC3, but I just couldn't do it. I borrowed the Battle Chest from a friend of mine and spent a few weeks trying to play it, but there must have been some concept that I just wasn't getting because by the time I gave up, I still couldn't beat one AI opponent set at the lowest difficulty. I think I just wasn't slick enough to work with the Hero mechanic... trying to tech, build an army, and creep for my hero was just too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 4:02 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
rurounijf,

Well, if nothing else my years of playing have made me very impatient. I can no longer stand to play the actual rounds where you have two sides against each other and you try to plant the bomb, etc., just too much waiting. All I can do now is play deathmatch, which while fun, is a lot less fulfilling when you are just going around shooting with little to no strategy. Having been in a couple of clans back in the day, it's a lot different animal than all those practices I had devising strats for different maps. Oh the good old days...

I hear ya with the staying up and such, I used to get a couple friends over to have CS lan parties and we would just play for hours on end.

WC3 is quite fun with its inclusion of heroes you can level and such, you should give it another go. With some practive I am sure you would get the hang of it. One of the best parts about WC3 is all the custom games they have for it though. Like Footies, which is pretty much all I played online for WC3. Maybe a little sad I liked a custom game more than the actual game itself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 9:20 am 

Ico

I haven't play PC games since I moved to Linux.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 11:01 pm 
Lurker

Acmurphy wrote:
snip

I have tried playing Deathmatches before in CS, but they are just too chaotic for me. While waiting for rounds to end does get frustrating (especially on those nights when you do terrible and it seems like you're always killed within the first 30 seconds no matter what you do), I went crazy when you have maps with 30+ people just running around spraying everything in sight... it was just too hectic for me. If I want craziness, I'll boot up Unreal Tournament 2004. While I'll still die plenty of times from people I can't even see, at least I'll get to feel cool flying the Redeemer around the map.

I honestly doubt I'll bother with Warcraft 3 again. I figure that if I can't make any progress in more than two weeks, then it's a lost cause.

Sometimes it makes me angry that Lunar Knights was developed by Kojima. While it has awesome production quality, there are random steath sections of the game that are, to be honest, absolute garbage. They're completely out of place in the game and they can quickly turn into pure frustration rather than fun. I can understand that they wanted to do something to break up the constant hack and slash of the dungeons, but forcing someone to keep spending money to continue over and over again after being spotted by some random enemy in a maze of crates doesn't seem like the right way to go about doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 7:53 am 
Regular

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 at the moment. My reaction to it is... mixed. On the one hand, comparing it and the original NWN side by side, it's easy to see the vast improvements made between the two. On the other hand, NWN2 is extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) resource hungry, which makes playing it in more crowded maps a real pain unless I turn down a lot of graphics settings.

Still, the story's decent, the characters are endearing, and after all these years, blowing up enemies with a Fireball spell is still fun. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 49  Next