Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 6:30 pm 

I'm not playing anything at all.... I will be playing STALKER (if it will stop crashing constantly) when I get my mobo and proc back in 12 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 6th, 2007, 2:55 am 
Post Master

Mainly I'm playing Marc Eckos Getting Up and Thief 3 at the moment.

Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 1:58 am 
Major Contributor

Animedude35 wrote:
and surprisingly Jade Empire is a fun fun game, with it's conversation system. There's not really a difference between this version and the Xbox, other than a few new techs and monsters and graphics, but it still does the job done.

Not playing either now, but the games I've got from BioWare - Jade Empire and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - are my two all-time favorites for the X-Box. I'd get both for the PC if my money didn't need to go elsewhere.

As far as what am I playing now goes, I've just got done admitting in the "Final Fantasy XII sucks" thread that I'm playing Pokemon Pearl version. Pretty good game if your into Pokemon. Pretty easy to fill the regional pokedex with at least partial info this time out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 5:36 am 
Regular

Currently playing Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. I'm up to the last GDI mission (and I haven't needed to cheat yet!) :P

C&C3 isn't that much of a quantum leap forward in RTS gaming (the introduction of the Scrin is intriguing though), but it IS slick, pretty and still very fun to play. Oh, and gathering all the intelligence for the Intel Database is great fun. (Some very nicely written prose in there too.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 8:19 pm 
Regular

Zaxares wrote:
Currently playing Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. I'm up to the last GDI mission (and I haven't needed to cheat yet!) :P

Spoke too soon. :( The last GDI mission proved too tough for me to handle. (Stupid Nod and their stupid Catalyst Missile blowing up my Refinery every time I rebuild it!) After failing the mission 3 times, I eventually caved in and used an unlimited money cheat.

Ah well. I always knew I sucked at RTS games anyway. On to the Nod campaign!

P.S. Wish you could sell vehicles... Due to Nod constantly destroying my Refinery and me rebuilding it, I had no less than 8 Harvesters and no Refinery for them to return to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 6:51 am 
Major Contributor

I've gotten back into Dawn of War again as well Company of Heroes. Also playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Resident Evil 4 for PC (never played the game on gamecube)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 9:17 pm 

Currently playing wow, something i have been doing since the game came out. have two 70's now and working on a third with the goal of having one of each class.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 9:58 pm 
Major Contributor

I'm playing Lost Planet again, trying to beat that one boss which I've been having trouble beating for the past week . . . :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 8:57 pm 

Finished Pokemon Pearl....right now trying to catch em'all.....even with the online trading....

And also been playing Mortal Kombat 4 and Perfect Dark on the N64 with everyone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 9:07 pm 
Major Contributor

I finally beat Lost Planet, and got all the target markers as well. Now it's on to hard mode . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 11:13 pm 
Regular

Beat the Nod campaign of C&C3. It was MUCH harder than the GDI campaign. :? I had to end up using cheats for at least 5 missions, compared to just 1 on the GDI campaign.

On to the Scrin campaign now. The opening FMV for the campaign is awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 12:29 pm 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
Beat the Nod campaign of C&C3. It was MUCH harder than the GDI campaign. :? I had to end up using cheats for at least 5 missions, compared to just 1 on the GDI campaign.

On to the Scrin campaign now. The opening FMV for the campaign is awesome!

Oh, c'mon it wasn't THAT hard. Granted the GDI do have stronger individual units and massing mammoth tanks against the AI is pretty much a guaranteed win, but the same is almost true for Nod and massing avatars. I do agree however, that some of the commando missions for GDI can be frustrating, especially if you don't have a lot of patience.

As for the Scrin, I dunno. I liked the campaign but I still don't think the Scrin are a good fit for Command and Conquer. Granted they have some pretty sweet units but it makes the game a little too much sci-fi for its own good IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 8:23 pm 
Regular

spazmaster666 wrote:
Oh, c'mon it wasn't THAT hard. Granted the GDI do have stronger individual units and massing mammoth tanks against the AI is pretty much a guaranteed win, but the same is almost true for Nod and massing avatars. I do agree however, that some of the commando missions for GDI can be frustrating, especially if you don't have a lot of patience.

As for the Scrin, I dunno. I liked the campaign but I still don't think the Scrin are a good fit for Command and Conquer. Granted they have some pretty sweet units but it makes the game a little too much sci-fi for its own good IMO.

I think it was more to do with the objectives in the Nod missions than anything else. GDI's mission objectives tended to be pretty straightforward. "Wipe out the opposition/destroy targets" made up 95% of all the objectives. For a Turtler player like me, that made most of the missions pretty easy. Hold out long enough to build up an undefeatable force of Mammoth's and an Ion Cannon, then just steamroll the opposition.

Nod, on the other hand, has more unusual objectives. The Nod mission where I first needed to use a cheat was the one where you were bringing the Nod Liquid-T truck back to Temple Prime. It would have been easy if it weren't for the bonus objective where I had to get the truck back to the base UNHARMED. Damn GDI kept attacking the truck even though they were already engaged in combat with my units. Eventually I ended up using an invincibility cheat on my Avatar and sending him in to single-handedly wipe out the GDI base so I could sneak my truck through without a scratch.

Finally, GDI's missions tended to scale upwards in difficulty as you progressed through them. Nod, on the other hand, has missions that are absurdly hard, followed by missions that are ridiculously easy. (Remember Downtown Sydney? Easiest mission ever. You don't even have to DO anything. Just wait for 10 mins, launch a nuke, then let the Scrin finish off GDI.)

Only played the first Scrin mission so far. Average difficulty, but well-suited to a Turtler like me. Taking down the bases proved more difficult than I imagined because GDI kept rebuilding their structures, but I just built up a larger force the second time around.

I do agree that the Scrin have taken the C&C series into the sci-fi arena, but looking at the progression of the games, I think it was inevitable anyway. The whole C&C story was built around the premise of Tiberium changing the world. Even if the Scrin hadn't been put into the game, it would have gotten to the stage where Earth would have been unrecognisable anyway, making it a post-apocalyptic sort of setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 9:22 am 

It's not fair all you guys have newer computers and are able to play the new RTSs, weep not fair. But I take as a not the games still cheats liek the bastard ai it is, just like most other C&C games. Zaxers, doesn't 'turtling' building up a huge force of your most powerful units then sending the enemy to hell work in most games? I find that to be true in most RTSs the problem is usually getting enough time to build up your forces so they won't get slaughtered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 1:29 pm 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
Nod, on the other hand, has more unusual objectives. The Nod mission where I first needed to use a cheat was the one where you were bringing the Nod Liquid-T truck back to Temple Prime. It would have been easy if it weren't for the bonus objective where I had to get the truck back to the base UNHARMED. Damn GDI kept attacking the truck even though they were already engaged in combat with my units. Eventually I ended up using an invincibility cheat on my Avatar and sending him in to single-handedly wipe out the GDI base so I could sneak my truck through without a scratch.

I beat that mission by using mainly my avatar. I leveled him up to the max by attacking the first base in places where I couldn't be hit by the Sonic cannons. Once I got him to the max, things got easier (a maxed out avatar is pretty deadly). But you're right, the bonus objectives are pretty difficult.

Zaxares wrote:
I do agree that the Scrin have taken the C&C series into the sci-fi arena, but looking at the progression of the games, I think it was inevitable anyway. The whole C&C story was built around the premise of Tiberium changing the world. Even if the Scrin hadn't been put into the game, it would have gotten to the stage where Earth would have been unrecognisable anyway, making it a post-apocalyptic sort of setting.

Well without the Scrin C&C would have just continued on the more "futuristic military" type of sci-fi, which I don't have a problem with. With the Scrin it became too much like Starcraft, which doesn't fit a game like C&C IMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 49  Next