Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 12:02 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
It's the mission at Jennur's Horde. The one where you have to drop those things of light on the big guys to kill them, and they keep sending guys at you like every two minutes.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 7:37 pm 
Regular

Ah, that mission... Yeah, it can be tricky if you don't know what to do, but once you do, it's just time-consuming rather than difficult. The first thing to realise is that the 'attack waves' come roughly about every 2 minutes, so you can plan your assaults within that time frame to ensure that you're not otherwise occupied when the next wave comes.

The second thing to realise is that the size of the attack waves is dependent upon how many Harbingers you've killed so far. The more Harbingers you've killed, the more enemies will appear with each subsequent wave. Despite what the mission objectives suggest, you only need to kill the LAST Harbinger (the Harbinger of Nightfall) to complete the mission. So, one tactic is to kill as little Harbingers as possible so the attack waves remain small.

You can easily just run past the first two Harbingers; they'll stop chasing you once you get far away enough. I suggest killing the 3rd Harbinger (the one just up the stairs) and use this as your base of operations. From here, wait until the next assault wave comes (you can distinguish them quite easily. They'll be the ones making a beeline westward), then slowly expanding out and killing any Margonites in the immediate area.

Once the area is clear, (and in between assault waves) take down the 4th (either the one to the north or south) Harbinger, and use that as your new base of operations. Again, in between assault waves, start expanding outwards until you've cleared the way to the Harbinger of Nightfall. Now, depending on how confident you are in your party's abilities, you can simply tell them to engage the Harbinger of Nightfall while you bring Lights from your second base of operations to kill the Harbinger. Otherwise, you'll have to run Lights with your party one at a time in between assault waves.

If you're aiming for Master rating, things will get a bit more tricky. Because the bonus Harbingers are quite out of the way, it's quite likely that the next assault wave will spawn before you've finished killing the bonus Harbingers. You'll either have to leave some of your party behind to defend against the assault waves, or keep an eye on the Harbinger of Nightfall to see when the next assault wave spawns, and then quickly rush back to intercept them. Also, note that you must kill the bonus Harbingers AND their accompanying groups to complete the bonus objectives.

If all that doesn't make sense, look for 'Zainol the Tainted' in the game sometime and I'll help you through the mission if I'm free. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 8:59 pm 

Started to play Pokemon again on my GBA...cause some friend decided to play a new game and erased mine....ahhhhh!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2007, 11:17 am 

Zaxares wrote:
Working my way through Guild Wars: Nightfall and Neverwinter Nights 2. I'm pretty disappointed with how badly the latter performs on my machine, so I haven't been playing it as much as I would otherwise.

Hey. Post your PC specs at the PC specs thread. I heard that NWN2 ate up even the best cards but still brought out ugly graphics.

Playing FFXII. I haven't finished it yet, though I'm pretty far in. So far, I still think that Yasumi Matsuno's Final Fantasy Tactics has a better story.

Last edited by Dei on April 10th, 2007, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 1:07 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Zaxares wrote:
Ah, that mission... Yeah, it can be tricky if you don't know what to do, but once you do, it's just time-consuming rather than difficult.

[Lota Other Stuff]

If all that doesn't make sense, look for 'Zainol the Tainted' in the game sometime and I'll help you through the mission if I'm free. :D

Well I may just do that. As soon as my friend gets back from his trip we will give it a try. Maybe you will be willing to join us for a run!

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 6:21 am 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
Well I may just do that. As soon as my friend gets back from his trip we will give it a try. Maybe you will be willing to join us for a run!

Sure, I'll help if I'm free at the time. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 11:42 pm 
Newcomer

I'm playing Oblivion.
I have no other life now.
Have to go. Must continue playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 10:24 am 

I'm playing ICO now, I love this game. The story line is simple, save the girl, it's a classic, timeless story line. What I enjoy most is the puzzle solving aspect of the game though sometimes just a little to hard. but over all I love the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 6:37 pm 

I just started playing Shadow Hearts: Convent, it's a good game, extremely dated cg and gameply that's a throw back to much older RPGs, gameplay that makes you thankful for the padding of the years. What I like about the game best is that there is not one bright eyed happy happy always cheerful character in the entire thing, and that the game is constantly making fun of itself. Yes thank you god there is no goody goody, annoyingly cheerful nievee charcters in the game THANK YOU GOD!!!! Add to the fact that the main character has a really good reason to be a dark brooding badass is an added bonous

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 6:50 am 
Lurker

Just quit World of Warcraft... been trying to fill the horribly empty void with some Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and Disgaea 2...

...... and some schoolwork. >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 7:44 am 
Regular

Kesshi wrote:
Just quit World of Warcraft... been trying to fill the horribly empty void with some Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and Disgaea 2...

...... and some schoolwork. >.>

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to quit World of Warcraft?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 7:47 am 
Lurker

It's probably only for a few months, but it's getting down to examination and final paper time right now and WoW isn't a good thing to have around when one's prone to drifting off and doing other things besides work.

That, and a personal tiff I'm having with one of my guildmates. Don't wanna talk about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 9:50 pm 
Lurker

I haven't been playing much of anything for the past few weeks due to being busy with work. Before Spring Break, though, I was all over playing Jump Ultimate Stars. It's a decently fun game, although it's not as deep as I would like most of my fighting games to be. Still, I wasn't exactly expecting something on par with Guilty Gear when I bought it, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

My only real issue with the game isn't the game's fault at all, in fact. Instead, it deals with my miniscule knowledge of only a small fraction of the available characters. Once you get beyond Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, Hokuto no Ken, Prince of Tennis, YuYu Hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin (which might seem like a lot, but it definitely isn't...) I'm clueless about nearly all the other characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:41 pm 

Played Naruto game on the GC...the first game...and I think it's not complex enough like I love them......finished Pokemon Sapphire (again)...waiting for the next game to come out for the DS...
Sonic Advanced 3 for the GBA...which a friend gave me to play...and I just gave it back to him...I disliked it a lot...Feel the Magic for the DS...trying to finish Hell mode...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 6:36 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Company of Heroes!

I just can barely stop playing because it RAWKS!!! My fave faction is Nazi Germany but don't worry I'm not a Neo-Nazi.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next