Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 18th, 2017, 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 9:04 pm 

CRUD I've been going around saying I've played Grandia III when I've only played Grandia II, oopps sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 12:18 pm 
Major Contributor

Playing Oblivion on the 360 . . . yes its for the points. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2007, 1:27 pm 

The Adict wrote:
Yeah I agree, I baught a PS2 expecting to find a baot load of great rpgs, I was sadly mistaken. The only ones I found worth playing were Shadow hearts II, Xenosaga I & III and that's it. I found them all incredibly shallow and lacking of substance when compared with games Grandia, I love Grandia. Only played III but am planning on the rest as soon as I get the money.

Theres always the N1 cache of games. Disgaea and the like SRPGs, then the Vanillaware stuff they brought over... Odin Sphere(which should be played for the sheer beauty that it is)... and the Gust line of Atelier Iris. Although AI is more of the gameplay and playing some dudes daily kinda life rather than their stories... which would be rather lackluster. But its incredibly fun(for me anyway) so what the heck. At any rate, I say stop comparing to a game from years past... since a lot of people make old games seem better than they really are in their head because they really liked it. And they end up looking at newer games with a weird head.

Been spamming away at Melty Blood Act Cadenza ver.B2 for the PC. Getting a hang of White Len(tsundere moe~) and Kishima Kouma. And Neco CHAOS and Black G666 has to be the funniest shit ever. And it even came with omake sounds, so now when my computer starts up, Mech-Hisui goes all like GA-GA-WINDOWSU-KIDOUSHIMASU. Fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 3:37 pm 

Just started playing Grandia 3, why did I wait so long? AAHHH it feels like an old friend. Still have to hold off on telling how good it is until I get more into it, but judging it has nearly identical fighting system as 2 and that its a two disc game with low graphics for its gene. I'm guessing they put the money into something important like story. I can only hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 5:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

A friend returned from a trip to the USA and brought me "Baldur's Gate II", altogether with the "Throne of Bhaal" extension and a bonus CD with conceptual art and the soundtrack for 10 USD - which is like half of the European price.
I'm still in the very first dungeon (escape from that lab or whatever it is) since I'm busy working, but I think I'll like the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 6:54 pm 
Regular

You will. Baldur's Gate II (along with the expansion) is among my list of top ten best CRPGs to ever be released. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 11:08 am 

You mean the USA actuall have games that aren't avalible in the rest ofthe world!? I'm floored by that news. I knew Japan and hundreds of great games that are never going to be seen by the outside world, didn't know the states had some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 9:56 pm 
Regular

Nah, you misunderstood what I meant. 42's friend probably just managed to pick up BGII and its expansion for cheap in the US. It was available worldwide during its release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2007, 11:37 am 

Dang it, for a moment I thought we were special. :cry: Thanks for clearing that up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10th, 2007, 3:50 pm 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
42's friend probably just managed to pick up BGII and its expansion for cheap in the US.

Yep, Zax is right. I wanted the game, I wanted it in its original language (it has Charlie Adler and Jim Cummings for voice actors!) and I wanted it cheap. It's been available in Europe since the beginning, but only at prices or/and in packages I do not need.
Like, they sell all Baldur's Gate products in one package for 22 E. Now, I am not interested in the first game and its extensions, and I wanted to pay no more than 12 E. My friend found it in Portland for the equivalent of 7 E. Happy Happy, Joy Joy. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 5:05 pm 

42317, in case you hadn't notice, everything is dirt cheap when you buying with Euros. It helps when you are the most powerful economic force on the planet, even if you are the smallest continate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 3:16 am 
Regular

Actually I think the US is still the biggest nation of economically powerful consumers in the world, even more than the EU combined. The only reason the US$ isn't stronger than it is already is because the US imports a lot of stuff, and it actually has pretty significant national debt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 9:26 am 
Major Contributor

Still playing Oblivion on the Xbox 360. According to my last save data, I've been playing for around 105 hours. And I'm only level 33 at this point (not that the level really matters considering I have like 101% reflect damage and 100% resist magicka)

And no, you're not supposed to know what that last part means . . . ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 8:45 pm 
Regular

I played Daggerfall, so I have SOME idea what that means. :P Am I correct in thinking that you're basically immune to all damage, both from physical sources and from magic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 11:39 pm 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I played Daggerfall, so I have SOME idea what that means. :P Am I correct in thinking that you're basically immune to all damage, both from physical sources and from magic?

Yup, that's exactly what it means. Though I still take damage from bow attacks since they are not considered physical damage nor magic damage (for some reason) but bowmen are easy to kill so that's no problem at all. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 49  Next