Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 24th, 2017, 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
 Post subject: Re: What are you playing now?
PostPosted: September 17th, 2011, 4:02 pm 
Post Master

Tried the PC version of GRAW on coop with my friends and it was a piece of shit. Overcomplicated controls, uncertain mission objectives, no in-door environments (from what I saw), and no environmental interactivity. As a tactical shooter, it pales in comparison to SWAT 4 and R6 Vegas.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 7:38 pm 

Replayed Resident Evil 4 on the Wii when I realized there was an extra weapon you unlock when beating it on Professional...a weapon which I surely enjoyed using afterwards...but boy beating it on Professional was a hazard ha...didn't expect to be out of ammo almost 80% of the time...sometimes replaying a simple part just because I had 5% health with 3 shotgun shells against 20 huge flying insects..
Whats crazier is how I passed a boss "Krauzer"...which I kept replaying and replaying using all my ammo...sometimes running out of time (yes it was also timed) to than finally beat him using just my knife instead of ammo. =_=

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 11:17 am 

Recently played Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii and its really addictive just going around gathering materials and killing for materials for better gear to battle bigger monsters...haven't tried it online yet...but...

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been my addiction for a couple of weeks...and even though I thought I was already finishing it (have all the items and everything except one song)...seems that one thing I am missing which is a song is conveniently divided in pieces too =_=

And I'll probably do all sidequests too before tackling the last boss...

PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 6:59 am 
Newcomer

I'm starting to play Arkham City again. I only completed the game and I put it away for over a month. Still don't get the hype. The goddamn Batman walks around like he has a stick up his booty.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 2:33 am 

Elvera48 wrote:
I'm starting to play Arkham City again. I only completed the game and I put it away for over a month. Still don't get the hype. The goddamn Batman walks around like he has a stick up his booty.

Don't worry you're not alone..a friend has it too and says he doesn't get the hype either...

Recently been (well already finished but replaying) playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii which I have to say is one of the best rpg's I've played...just the massive world alone with no loading or pop-ups is astonishing..and all the sidequests which seem endless...
Not to mention just going around looking for some special high level monster keeps me busy (reminds me of the marks for FF12 and also Monster Hunter)..
And all this without touching the mainstory which is also great (though absurd as all japanese rpg's)...

Besides that I started playing Rayman Origins but didn't have an extra controller here...so got one to play with friends...it reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. Wii...

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 3:46 pm 
Newcomer

I've recently gotten Dodonpachi ressurection, so have been having quite a lot of fun on that. I'm not sure I'm good enough at it to go for high scores, but it's enjoyable in and of itself just playing through.

I've also been playing Skyrim properly for the first time since I've got it. It's definately overated and feels so slow for much of it, but damn the good scenes are REALLY good. The dragon fights so far have been amazing and the combat feels so much tighter. Not as tight as Dark Souls, but tight none-the-less ;)

PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 5:24 pm 
Post Master

Dumadam wrote:
I've recently gotten Dodonpachi ressurection, so have been having quite a lot of fun on that. I'm not sure I'm good enough at it to go for high scores, but it's enjoyable in and of itself just playing through.

I wish that were released in R1 :cry:

As a fellow arcade shooter fan I recommend Ikaruga, it's my favorite by far. The free XBLA shooter Aegis Wing also isn't bad if you don't mind something a lot easier than the average shooter.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2012, 9:06 pm 
Major Contributor

I've been playing Twisted Metal on the PS3 where i passed the Sweet Tooth campaign but have yet to start the Mr. Grimm campaign. My usual vehicle of choice was Death Warrant due to the speed and flexibility of the control.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2012, 3:36 pm 
Post Master

Diablo III is out and I waited before a store was open to get the collector's edition. I'm going to be even more quiet than usual from now on. Work, D3, and maybe some anime is going to take all my time away.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 5:47 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Diablo III (...) and maybe some anime is going to take all my time away.

Have fun. I play (yes, present tense) Diablo I for the hunting and gathering concept, which I think is fun (and I wish more games had a random dungeon generator), but overall it never made a really good impression on me because the riddles are childishly easy to solve and the rest is just blunt hack & slay.
I read about Diablo III and its interesting technical features but all the advertising didn't impress me either. Still sounds like blunt hack & slay, just with way better gaming flavor.

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 3:41 am 
Post Master

Diablo III was really disappointing. Anyone who got even close to "rich" in D2 would also say the same. After just 10 days I've gotten fed up with the even more simplified systems and broken balance and some convenience streamlining doesn't make up for that.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 6:02 pm 

Lets see...all I play these days is Fortune Street for the Wii which is a board game in the same vain as Monopoly but more complicated...you buy properties just like Monopoly but where it gets complicated is when you buy stocks for regions...the more stocks you have in a region with your properties..the more money you get when you invest in it....likewise...anyone who has stocks there also see their net growing if someone invest money in that region...not to mention the drop you get if someone sells more than 10 stocks in a region you have invested heavily in...
I have a tough time finding someone to play the game with (the cpu can be punishing..its like all 3 work together against you) and I've only found one who sat down as I explained and plays sometimes if he is around...but its still addicting playing solo and I mostly win in the end..no matter how grim things get...
You can play it online though with other people but never tried it since I don't have that much speed now...

Besides that I guess Rhythm Heaven which is also addictive if you're trying to get all the games and medals

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 2:10 pm 
Major Contributor

The past few months have consisted of making progress on my favorite PS3 games Burnout Paradise and Sonic Generations. In Burnout, i've almost got every billboard and every smash nailed and as for little boy blue, i got lucky after a long slump with Modern Sonic in Crisis City. Then it was sort of a smooth sail through both modes on Rooftop Run although now i'm in a slump with Classic on Planet Wisp.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2012, 3:14 pm 

Ok...in these days I started and finished 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on the DS and got all their endings thanks later on to a diagram I found on the internet..and I've loved it a lot..and on time it seems..the sequel just got released if I'm not mistaken..
Its a good old click and interact game like Myst and the likes but with an anime feel...well it felt more like the movie Saw...Saw 2 in particular...where I'm trapped with a group of people and we have to cooperated and find a way out of this sinking ship..
As the title says..we're 9 people...with 9 hours and 9 doors with their respective puzzles to find a way out...
It's a nice change of pace of all the action I've been playing recently and I'll be starting Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk to see how they fare in the genre...

I also played with a friend Resident Evil 6..don't know how this game would fare solo..but co-op its a blast...
Of course it has its nuisances here and there (camera's are always a problem in every game made to date mostly) but its minor and it doesn't hamper the fun at all..I really did have a blast playing it..we right now have almost all trophies except for Professional...Veteran and maxing all Skills...but we started playing Professional and passed one of the 5 campaigns already (though the Ada campaign doesn't need to be passed on Professional for the trophy) so this way we also get the Veteran trophy at once...
And also since we've already passed the game a few times...dlc is surely needed..and up-to now I've only heard of a free new difficultly and Ada's campaign being co-op in a future dlc...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49