Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently February 20th, 2018, 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 8:55 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Super Robot Wars Original Generations for PS2.I hope Atlus will translate this game to English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 11:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Just started in on FFXII... last night, I think. Pretty early yet, but so far it's pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 7:56 am 
Resident Scholar

rory_okane wrote:
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate (another old school game).

Like, what!?!
Before "Dawn of War" I only knew "Space Crusade", so what's in "Chaos Gate" and when was it released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 7:02 am 
Lurker

oooh, 1998? it's a turn based, squad combat game. you command a squad (and later up to 3 squads, some characters, and sometimes a vehicle) of Ultramarines (they're Space Marines, like the Blood Ravens in Dawn of War, but they're a different chapter (read: different colour scheme)). basically you go around the universe with your understrength company of space marines (you've got 40 (i.e. 8 x 5 man squads) marines, out of a total compnay strength of 100, but you do have 5 Terminators :D) and kill Chaos space marines, and their associate demons and cultists (read: cannon fodder). it's quite cools as you have limited manpower, guns, ammo, everything (not that you're likely to ever run out of bolter ammo or anything). each marine gains experience individually, and their skills improve. you can freely swap marines in and out of the different squads, like your 5 tactical squads, your assault squad (jump packs), and your devastator squad (2 heavy weapons instead of 1), you can put your marines with better melée skills in your assault squad, and those with better ballistic skills in the tactical and devastator squads. the special characters are quite cool, with librarians (who learn psychic power that you can choose, and is a dab hand in close combat), apothecaries (pretty useless in combat as they're only armed with a bolt pistol, but can heal troops better than a medi-pack), techmarines (required in some missions to operate machinery, but pretty damn handy with his axe!), a chaplain (über zealous bloke who owns Chaos marines in hand to hand fighting), and the company Captain (who's just slightly better than the Chaplain). it's very addictive. you can't get it in the shops any more, but you can order it off ebay for like 10-15 euros or so. it's really worth playing! :) the space amrines are just as puritan sounding as the ones in Dawn of War. "The Emperor orders you to die!" *blam* "Star-fire will devour your black soul!" *fwoosh* (sound of a plasma gun) "You will be cleansed!!!" - that sort of thing. i've managed to play through over ahlf the campaign without losing a single marine so far! :D *feels l33t* it's a most excellent game, i've wasted many hours of my life on it. how familiar are you with the 40k universe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 9:02 am 
Resident Scholar

Quote:
Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate

Hmmm... that does sound cool indeed. I might try and purchase a copy.

How familiar am I with the universe?
Well, I have played Space Crusade and Space Hulk both as tabletop and on screen, I have played a few tabletop rounds of Warhammer 40k (Goff Boyz cannonfodder against Imperial Army or Genestealers vs. Marine Scouts), one round of GorkaMorka, one fight of this gang wars adaptation the name of which I have forgotten, I bought the Codex Tyranids source book because the symbionts' bioweapons are so damn hot, and if I wanted I could borrow several others from friends, last but not least I have read several novels about this Inquisitor Jaq Draco and another one which was called "Space Marine" I think.
But computer based games have somehow avoided my attention between Space Hulk and Dawn of War.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 6:14 pm 
Lurker

Necromunda is the gang one of which you speak. so, pretty familiar then? sorry if my explanation was a little patronising, just i wasn't sure how well you were aquainted with the terms that i used. anyways, it's pretty damn cool. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 1:09 pm 

Finally got my hands on the orginal Shadow Hearts. all I have to say after two hours of play, this is old oooollllddd school, like pre Dreamcast old school. Still it's not bad, don't know if I'm going to care enough to play threw it though. Mean it arcaic, 2d field maps, still sketches with scrolling words when people talk not to mention the judgement ring most definately needs the upgrade it got on the last two games. Oh well I'm off to RPG heaven again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 4:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

rory_okane wrote:
pretty familiar then? sorry if my explanation was a little patronising

Haha, don't worry. Unlike many people I am often able to realize the writer's intention by recalling the information available to him/her. 8)
Whether this grammatical/vocabular construction makes sense or not: I know where your choice of words comes from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 2:24 am 
Major Contributor

Playing GRAW 2 right now (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2) for PC and it's damn hard. Even the "normal" mode, which I find to be easy for most games, is pretty damn challenging at points. Still you do get a sense of satisfaction when you complete a mission, well sort of anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 4:27 am 

I'm replaying Grandia (the first one). It's good to be finally playing a quality RPG. The RPGs on the PS2 seem to be several steps behind in terms of storytelling and plot substance vs. PS1 RPGs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2007, 8:47 am 
Lurker

at the moment, i'm just RTW-ing. love that game. though certain things are hardcoded, it's still a real gem once it's modded! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2007, 9:32 am 
Resident Scholar

rory_okane wrote:
at the moment, i'm just RTW-ing.

What would that be - in laymen's words? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2007, 8:04 pm 
Regular

Return to (Castle) Wolfenstein, maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2007, 6:13 pm 

Yeah I agree, I baught a PS2 expecting to find a baot load of great rpgs, I was sadly mistaken. The only ones I found worth playing were Shadow hearts II, Xenosaga I & III and that's it. I found them all incredibly shallow and lacking of substance when compared with games Grandia, I love Grandia. Only played III but am planning on the rest as soon as I get the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24th, 2007, 1:00 am 
Major Contributor

Finished Bioshock on hard, wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be but still tons of fun. The atmosphere in the game is just killer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 49  Next