Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently February 18th, 2018, 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2007, 8:14 pm 
Regular

I've heard a lot of negative reviews about HG:L, actually. How it's incredibly buggy, prone to crashing (as you've discovered), and there's a huge gulf in difference between the free players and the subscribers. One thing I've always hated about online games is the elitism that tends to develop among certain circles of players. I don't particularly care to join a game where there's a clear line between 'upper class' (i.e. the subscribers) and the 'lower class' (the free players).

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2007, 12:34 am 

I don't know how you guys manage to have so much time to spend playing video games!
In any case, I keep playing Guild Wars, I just finished the Nightfall campaign, and started with Eye of the North. Loving every minute of it, it really reminds me of the first campaign, old good charr. BTW the scenery is just beautiful, I really like to just take as many cool screenshots as possible, its pretty relaxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2007, 2:00 am 
Regular

Oh, I'm still playing Guild Wars myself. I'm now concentrating on getting my 5 PvE characters through EN (Currently I'm in the Charr lands. It's even prettier than Pre-Searing Ascalon!)

I do tend to keep up to date on various new releases in the game industry, although I don't always play them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 10th, 2007, 8:36 am 
Major Contributor

Gears of War for PC and Call of Duty 4. COD4 definitely blew me away with it's intense single-player campaign. It was even more intense than the previous COD games. As for Gears, well Gears is just plain fun. Even though I played it for hours and hours on the 360, replaying it for the PC is still fun, even if it feels repetitive at times. In fact, as I was it, I kept saying to myself I should stop playing, but yet I never manage to exit the game. It's just so damn fun that I don't think I could ever find it boring. Also, the fact that I'm a lot better at the game now then I was when I first was playing the 360 version also helps (removes most of the frustration of dying so much)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 8:06 pm 
Regular

I went to the mall today and got to play super mario galaxy. This was also my first time playing a wii game, so I got the pleasure of standing up and shaking the controls (which I really liked :D it was comfortable and my posture improved :D ). Anyway...if you have a wii...GET THIS GAME!!! I played for over an hour (in fact I did'nt stop playing until the power to the tv and wii console was cut off...I guess the management wanted me gone :lol: ) and beat the intro level, got two power stars from the first galaxy and one from the second galaxy. Controls were simple, though jumping felt a bit awkward (due to the curved surface of every planet). Wii mote motion controls worked fine. The graphics were excellent and the fun factor was extremely high :D The first boss battle (the two-legged giant pirahana plant) was difficult though, as I did'nt know you could shoot star bits out and slow the boss down. I also really liked the bee-mario transformation :D However, the part where you're crawling around the queen bee's lower body collecting pieces of the warp star, and she's telling you how good it feels is just wrong :shock:

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 7:08 am 

Got back to my PS2 at long last. Been playing GrimGrimoire, I'll have to gain access to some of the new games before I finish that. And Artonelico and ToP. If all fails, I still got Dawn of Mana sitting around....

GrimGrimoire is fun stuff, a sidescrolling RTS. Although its not geared for Multiplayer or anything. You have access to a plethora of summoning magic. Your buildings are magic circles, where you build units and upgrade the circle for more tech-tree stuff. Theres Glamour(lol whut?) which is the magic of nature. Then theres Necromancy, which is basically undead. Followed by Sorcery which is demonic and lastly there is Alchemy, where you get homunculi and weird stuff like that. They are supposedly effective against one another in a circle. Glamour>Necromancy>Sorcery>Alchemy>Glamour

You play as Lilet Blan, a magician in training. Although its more like summoner in training, as all you ever do is RTS with all these magic circles and creatures. As you progress through the story, you gain more magic. Like you start with one Glamour magic circle, and then later get a second Glamour Magic Circle, followed by a bunch of others, and new magic down the same magic circles.

Gameplay is simple, most of the objectives involve destroying all your opponent's magic circles. Magic circles are buildings you simply place on the map, without need of a worker to build it. Resources are magic crystals, which are nigh unlimited sources of mana, which is the currency. There seems to be a limit to the number of workers that can man it though. To mine it, its kinda like Starcraft. You send your worker in, and he automagically builds a 'refinery' of sorts for free, and then you mine it and bring it back to your magic circle. You can't cross mine though, so only Necromancy workers can mine in a necro mine and bring it back to a necro circle.

Each branch of magic has three magic circles, and each circle allows for different stuff asyou level them up. There are turrets, which can be built with your workers but they take up your unit cap. But they are pretty powerful for their cost/unit cap. Like a Talisman which costs 100 mana and 2 unit cap would easily wipe the floor with 2 fairies, which would cost 150 mana and 2 unit cap.

There are like different types of unit properties. Flying would be the first, which allows a unit to pass through walls and floors without needing stair access. Although I only know three flying units, one of is rather weak, then theres the massive ass slow one and then theres... a worker. So spamming flying units to get around the terrain might not always work out. Then theres Substance/Astral. Substance units are your basic old units, while Astral units are spiritual, which can only be harmed by certain units(just about most units though, at least just about what I use are unfazed by silly Astrals).

Strategy pretty much involves defending yourself and churning out the right combination of units from multiple disciplines, or just pure specializing in one. If all your enemies are Necromancy, might as well spam Glamour troops and finish them all. But then the Dragon in the sorcery path is goddamn useful. Takes forever to build, 6 unit cap and 500 mana, but it is a Flying unit(more like it crawls on the screen, but whatever). Slow as piss but it can wham out a dangerous splash damage attack that annihilates just about anything. I'd counter it with... another dragon. Or this sorcery path magic unit which can put substance type units to sleep. Sleep it and start smacking it with Phantoms, the basic Necro fighter. I usually support it with Glamour fairies, which are the basic Glamour units. They are cheap, can fly and are pretty fast. When upgraded with the Titania magic circle, they are pretty good and do their job. Useful for hunting down enemy casters and they lay waste to Necro units, which is what the dragon is 'weak' against(yeah right). Although they drop like flies against Alchemy Golems and turrets, which blow them out of the sky by the dozen.

It doesn't quite feel repetitive yet, and its easy to pick up. I mean in the end you got a total of 12 structures and pretty damn linear tech trees. But well, its fun as hell still and its definitely out of the box. I mean, when the hell did you ever play a side scrolling RTS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 10:03 pm 
Major Contributor

Just started Silent Hill Origins for the PSP. Cleared the hospital...boss was just a straight-jacket. I remember the first mercenary from SH3 being a boss, but it doesn't have to be that easy, does it? Pretty good so far, just a bit easier than I've come to expect. Gonna be switching between that and Pokemon Pearl (which I've recently started over).

edit: I think I had it lucky at the hospital on Silent Hill, because when I ran into monsters, it was usually one on one. After leaving the hospital, things get hard. Between the back door of the hospital and wherever I am in the sanitarium, it's pretty much been don't fight unless you have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 5:18 pm 

Finished FF3...was a great ride...I finished it with a Viking (I gave him all armor no weapons...with his provoke you have the upperhand in battles)...a Devout (for healing)...a Black Belt (cause they always do 9999 damage...well at least mine did) and a Summoner (cause Bahamut can cause a lot of damage to multiple targets)...

Anyways...I play it sometimes just to see the other jobs in higher levels...

Gonna see if I finish Brothers in Arms for the DS now...I`m on the last campaign...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 5:20 pm 

No money and no real reason for me to try and find new games to play.

Right now just playing Halo 2 online, or Gun. (second time playing and I am trying to get all 100% completed)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 6:38 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
No money and no real reason for me to try and find new games to play.

I hear that. Felt lucky I was able to pick up Silent Hill Origins this month. One of the two reasons why it took me so long to finish Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig was that by the time I had a serious chance to pick up those final 2 volumes I didn't have the money to pay for them. (The other is that while sometimes I'll buy online I prefer buying from stores, and can sometimes be tougher than it is to type it for this post.)

I've had Pokemon Pearl for a while now and had already started over with it when I was able to get over to the nearest Best Buy and get the new Silent Hill. That's the main reason why I'm switching between them.

Come to think about it, I think I had to wait for the next month after Pearl came out to get that too. As for reason to find new games... For me, most new games I get are because it's continuing a series I'm already interested in. (Pokemon and Silent Hill are examples of that.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 10:51 pm 
Major Contributor

On my second playthrough of Mass Effect. Definitely a fun game especially considering there are many ways you can play it. Using biotics and tech powers to just devastate your enemies from far away is definitely very satisfying. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 11:47 pm 
Regular

spazmaster666 wrote:
On my second playthrough of Mass Effect. Definitely a fun game especially considering there are many ways you can play it. Using biotics and tech powers to just devastate your enemies from far away is definitely very satisfying. :lol:

Good to hear you're enjoying Mass Effect. I'm hoping that game gets ported to PC soon. :D What would you rate it out of 10?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 7:33 pm 

Playing Shadow of the Colossus and killed like 7 of them the first day...I thought it was going to be only like 8 of them but after seeing all those statues...I guess not...

For now the flying one has been my fav...and that 3rd one that looked like a horse wierd...cause I found it funny the way you have to trick it....

Anyways those recent ones even shoot at you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 9:23 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Fresnokila,

I was no fan of Shadow of the Colossus. I couldn't stand how all you did was ride around to kill one of the colossi and that was it. No intermittent guys at all, just some odd number of boss fights. The boss fights were alright in and of themselves, but some of them were jut annoying. IDK, wasn't really my cup of tea, but it was reviewed well so what do I know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 9:36 pm 
Regular

Well, FFXII got good reviews...and this forum has a thread about how much it sucked.

Dr. Insane-o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 49  Next