Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently February 22nd, 2018, 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 49  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2007, 7:49 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Spaz you want a challenge pick up Ninja Gaiden Black. That is the HARDEST game of the last gen and one the hardest of all time. If that don't give you a challenge in the higher difficulties two things. First nothing will, Second I hate you mr. super skilled.

Yeah I've played NGB. Finished the game but the mission mode is a little too twitchy for my liking. It's a fun game and all but I just don't have the time anymore to get good at it again. If I tried to pick it up and play some of the missions, I'd probably get my ass handed to me . . . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2007, 11:31 am 
Regular

I tried to beat mission mode this summer...I beat about 12 missions and kept getting my ass kicked on the "Destroy the raido tower" mission (just like the single player, but you have to fight pumped up enemies in addition to dodging rockets). Still, I can't wait for the sequel (which will hopefully be for the 360).

Anyway...This weekend i got to go home, so I finally finished Halo3. Overall, I enjoyed it and thought it was a satisfying experience. I especially enjoyed the part where you have to fight two scarabs while flying, and the warthog sequence. I wish they would have had a Banshee flying segment though.

I also played Brain age, which is still pretty fun.

I also popped in Bioshock for a while, and just went around collecting Audio diaries and finding Power to the people machines.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2007, 10:51 pm 
Major Contributor

Cab329 wrote:
I also popped in Bioshock for a while, and just went around collecting Audio diaries and finding Power to the people machines.

I was pissed off when I found out through my first play through of the game that there were a couple of audio diaries I missed in a portion of the game that I couldn't backtrack to. Which was incredibly annoying since I had just went back and found the rest of the diaries just prior to this meaning I essentially was only missing those two. It's a good thing I have about 120 saves in that game but still, I wish I had known it earlier so I could have just gone back to the save point before that area instead of backtracking. Oh well, I can live with only 930/1000 points. I'll go back and get the remaining 70 points when I feel like playing Bioshock again. :lol:

Cab329 wrote:
Anyway...This weekend i got to go home, so I finally finished Halo3. Overall, I enjoyed it and thought it was a satisfying experience. I especially enjoyed the part where you have to fight two scarabs while flying, and the warthog sequence. I wish they would have had a Banshee flying segment though.

I hated that part. Part of it was because it was like five in the morning when I was playing it (Yeah I bought Halo 3 at midnight of the launch day) and part of it was because I didn't know you could shoot out the back portion of the Scarab when it was down and destroy the core with a couple of missiles. So instead I tried several times by landing the Hornet on the first Scarab, going inside and destroying the core and then reenter the Hornet, land on the other Scarab and finish the job. The only problem with that plan was that it was very difficult to get the Hornet to not flip over as I was destroying the Scarab from the inside. I had thought there had to be an easier way to do it, but given my state of mind at the time, it just never occurred to me. It didn't help that I was playing the Heroic difficulty right off the bat. After I went back to play it again in Legendary difficulty and for the metagame aspect of it, that fight was one of the easiest in the game. I guess it depends on your plan of attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2007, 11:53 pm 
Regular

I lucked out and heard about shooting the back out when guys were posting "noob tactics" on a board (Hey, I have no shame). Still, I ended up blasting the legs so the Scarabs would let me get a solid shot. The second Scarab fight (when you're in the desert), I just used a grav lift and jumped on its back :wink:

Bioshock ticked me off though...I must have missed a little sister at some point, but it's an area that can't be reached by bathysphere, so I'm not sure where (I'm guessing it's an area that can only be reached by walking around). I also forgot about researching little sisters on my playthrough, so I'll have to replay it some time.

Oh, and I beat Julius mode (castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)! It actually was'nt to bad once I realized the gaps in Soma's attacks and used Alucard (In case you have'nt played, Alucard from Symphony of the night makes a reappearnace for this mode).

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 5:32 am 
Major Contributor

Cab329 wrote:
I lucked out and heard about shooting the back out when guys were posting "noob tactics" on a board (Hey, I have no shame). Still, I ended up blasting the legs so the Scarabs would let me get a solid shot. The second Scarab fight (when you're in the desert), I just used a grav lift and jumped on its back :wink:

Yeah, by the time went back for my second and third time through the campaign, I had found that out from several sites, but when I was playing it the first time that Tuesday morning, there was nothing at all about how to beat the Scarabs since the game had just come out only five hours earlier . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 12:43 pm 

Been playing Jedi Knights II: Jedi Outcast. I'm close to the end.

Man, abusing Storm Troopers with a wide array of force powers is fun. They don't stand a bloody chance, and especially since any lucky shot they got on me amounts up to nothing because of Force Heal. Pull them en masse, disarm all of them at the same time, and cut up their fallen bodies one by one..... or just zap the whole lot or choke them one by one as they stand around helpless without their weapons....

When they finally get decent guns, your force powers are just too much for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 7:03 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Been playing Jedi Knights II: Jedi Outcast. I'm close to the end.

Man, abusing Storm Troopers with a wide array of force powers is fun. They don't stand a bloody chance, and especially since any lucky shot they got on me amounts up to nothing because of Force Heal. Pull them en masse, disarm all of them at the same time, and cut up their fallen bodies one by one..... or just zap the whole lot or choke them one by one as they stand around helpless without their weapons....

When they finally get decent guns, your force powers are just too much for them.

I liked to turn dismemberment on in the game console and then just using saber-throw. There's nothing quite like decapitating a whole bunch of storm trooper with dismemberment on. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 10:15 pm 

Been playing Final Fantasy 3 in these days for the DS...loving it for now...I just started my journey on the earth surface...I want to hurry and get the black belt jobs and all the others left...I like the whole jobs aspect...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 11:03 pm 
Regular

I still have to beat FF3. I never had any magic users in my party, and that makes the Final Boss quite hard. So now I'm trying to find a wifi spot so I can unlock the special job equipment, which will hopefully give me enough of an edge to defeat the final boss without magic (I have two blackbelts and two dragoons).

Right now I'm putting in a few hours playing Mario Kart DS. I've really gotten out of practice.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 6:54 am 
Major Contributor

Crysis demo. It was pretty good (the nano suit does indeed bring variety in the gameplay) but ran sluggish on my pretty high-end PC. Hope they optimize it some more before the launch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 2:38 pm 
Regular

My campus had the Xbox 360 tour, so I went over and played a few game demos.

Timeshift: I thought it was okay. The enemies were aggressive, and could take a good amount of damage. One touch that I liked was the incendiary arrows, you could slow down time and then watch as an enemy exploded. But, jumping really sucked, and I could'nt adjust the controlsensitivity, which really made precise aiming difficult. Another thing that I did'nt like was switching weapons (you have to cycle through guns, you cant skip). Also, the demo ends right after you start firing at this humanoid mech that's been chasing you for the level, you don't even get to destroy it :evil:

F.E.A.R Files: The expansion pack that includes "Extraction point" and "Perseus Mandate." I never played the first F.E.A.R, but I really enjoyed this demo. Controls were tight, enemies decent (though a bit too easy), and plenty of nice little effects.

the Newest America's Army game: I hated this demo :evil: I know the developers were going for realism, but they sucked all the fun out. The set up was that your team was suppose to go through the map and take out guys (I'm guessing Redneck terrorists). So me and the other guys playing the demo went out searching for the enemies...WHICH TOOK FOREVER! The map was huge, boring, and enemies were few and far between (before I gave up playing, the most I ran into were two in one spot). That's another thing, THE ENEMIES SUCK. I walked behind one, fired, missed, AND HE STOOD THERE UNTIL I FINALLY SHOT HIM. However, they are decent shots, as I trained my M-16 on two of them (with no crosshairs or any way to improve accuracy) and they shot ONE TIME with an AK-47 and hit me. Which brings me to my biggest complaint: IF YOU GET HIT ONCE, YOU ROLL AROUND ON THE GROUND UNTIL YOU DIE! I pray the army does'nt tell its soldiers to roll around, makng the bleeding worse, in real life. Also, while your doomed avatar is rolling around, they have this blank expression on their face, like they were wearing a mask. Now, while a teammate can heal you, if they get to you in around 1 minute after being shot, I just gave up and played more of the F.E.A.R demo.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 4:44 pm 

Finished NFSP:Underground 2....still playing Star Ocean..only 9 hours in...so I'm guessing it's very far from over...

Also still playing FF3 on the DS...but 2 of my characters are dead and they don't revive at Inns like in most rpg's....still...the 2 that are alive are strong enough...so I guess I'll fight the next boss and than get them revived...

Oh and whoever has FF3...let's try exchanging letters or something...I need to send at least 7 to unlock other quests and goods...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2007, 5:33 pm 
Regular

Fresnokila, I'll trade friend codes with you, just tell me how to figure out what mine is.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 10:06 pm 

Hmm...dont have my DS on me...but if I remember well...you can check the moggle in any town...and verify your code....send me a PM when you`ve found it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2007, 7:24 am 
Major Contributor

Playing Hellgate London. Great so far . . . until it crashed on me and didn't save any of my data, hence 4+ hours of progress just disappeared . . . :evil:

Now, I won't go for more than 2 hours without quiting to the menu (which is the only way to save)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 49  Next