Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gaming news!
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 7:44 pm 
Regular

This is a thread for any gaming news (or plausible rumors) you might happen upon. Please provide a URL or cite the source you obtained your information from.

First piece of news: This month, Overlord (Xbox 360 version) will have THREE expansions available for download on Xbox live. Here's the names of the packs and their content.

1. Raising hell- Five new levels (one for each area). Screen shots showed a few new enemies, and a creepy grim reaper-like boss. Not to mention, your minions can push Rollie and equip bras and cowboy hats. Price: Unknown

2. Challenge pack- Seven new multiplayer maps that offer new experiences like "Capture the maiden" and "Protect your power." Price: Unknown

3. Split-screen multiplayer pack- Allows for split-screen multiplayer and the map, "Rocky Race"
Price: FREE

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/xbox360/overlord/news-6805.html

It's a good month to be an Overlord fan!

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 12:37 pm 
Regular

Here's some more news on the "Raising Hell" expansion, as provided by Wikipedia:

"On 1 November 2007 Codmasters announced Overlord: Raising Hell, a downloadable expansion pack.[4]. In this the Overlord must enter a "hell" version of each of the five kingdoms (Mellow Hills, Evernight, Heaven’s Peak, the Golden Halls, and the Ruborian Desert) to defeat the dead fallen heros once and for all."

Whether this ties in with the jester scene from the ending is unknown as of this moment. However, it looks like Bob is under attack by his pumpkins...for real.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject: Re: Gaming news!
PostPosted: September 29th, 2008, 4:10 am 
Post Master

Sony expands PSN cards to Wal-Mart, Best Buy

"Gamers who want to download Mega Man 9 or Wipeout HD for the PlayStation 3 but don't have a credit card will soon have a few more options when it comes to getting those games. Sony Computer Entertainment America today said it will be expanding the distribution of PlayStation Network cards to a variety of major US retailers this holiday season.

PSN cards come preloaded with $20 or $50 worth of credit for the PlayStation Store and can currently be picked up at Blockbuster, Pamida, Meijer Superstores, and Speedway convenience stores. (Rite Aid stores are expected to join that list by the end of this month.) Starting next month, the cards will find their way into Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and some Sam's Club locations, with Barnes & Noble College Bookstores receiving them in November.

In addition to downloadable PS3 games, users can purchase movies, TV shows, and PlayStation Portable games with the cards, either through the PS3's online store or its PC-based counterpart. For more on the card, check out Sony's Web site."

Sony can suck my fucking dick. "major US retailers" should be "major North American retailers". How long has it been since the launch of the ps3?

I want my PSN cards.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 7:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Okay okay okay...I've got one for ya I think. That Star Wars MMPORPG you may or may not have heard BioWare (who made Knights of the Old Republic) has been rumored to be working on? Well...no more rumors. The subject of the email I got from Bioware today: Announcing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The "To our community" and "About the game" text from the email:

Quote:
It’s a very exciting time at BioWare as today we are announcing one of the most anticipated Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Games (MMORPG), Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Star Wars: The Old Republic brings together BioWare and LucasArts, co-creators of one of the most critically acclaimed RPGs Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ as we plan to bring it to the massively multiplayer online space.

We are thrilled to be announcing the game that will bring the 4th pillar, real emotion and a meaningful story, to the MMORPG space. At BioWare, we’ve always been committed to crafting rich, deep worlds and emotionally engaging stories and characters and our goal for Star Wars: The Old Republic is to bring that vision to the MMORPG genre.

This is only the beginning of our announcements on Star Wars: The Old Republic and we hope you’ll join us for this journey. We can’t wait to share more with you in the coming months as we plan to showcase new game features and story details. Meanwhile, please explore the official Star Wars: The Old Republic website and join our community to learn more about our other upcoming titles at BioWare!

May the Force be with you…

Dr. Ray Muzyka
Co-founder and GM/CEO, Bioware
and GM/VP, EA

Dr. Greg Zeschuk
Co-founder and VP Development
Operations, BioWare and VP, EA

About The Game

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts. Your personal Star Wars™ saga begins thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.

You will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat, team up with other players to overcome challenges and determine your own path down the light or dark side of the Force.

Official site: www.swtor.com

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 8:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

*snort*

And again, why not have an individual thread for any game you are going to talk about?
Instead you have these terribly common, universal, general threads...

:crap: :diss: :cry: :wtf: :shifty:

Das ist ja zum weinen!
Gebt mir Wein!

:x

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 9:51 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
*snort*

And again, why not have an individual thread for any game you are going to talk about?

:crap: :diss: :cry: :wtf: :shifty:

I dunno. It was already here, and I felt I'd share about the SW MMO, so that's all I did on this one...
:oops: :cry:

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 11:07 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:

Well, we DO have a similar general thread for News in the General Discussion forum, so why not one here? To be honest, I think the gamer population here is too small to really have individual threads dedicated to specific games; for each game that's discussed here, we have about 2 or 3 people actually talking about it, and the thread usually dies within a couple of days.

I'd rather have one single thread that 'keeps track' of latest news in the gaming world than have pages and pages of threads about dozens of games that each have only 1 or 2 posts in it, but that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 2:38 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I'd rather have one single thread that 'keeps track' of latest news in the gaming world than have pages and pages of threads about dozens of games that each have only 1 or 2 posts in it, but that's just my opinion.

Hadn't put this much thought into it before. I really had just been, "Here's the gaming news thread. Seems like the right place to post about the email I got from Bioware announcing the Star Wars MMO, so I'll just put it here instead of wasting a post on a new thread about it."

After reading Zaxares's post though, I've gotta agree. Better to have just the one place to post things like this and discuss it than to have...who knows however many posts that people may not even be bothered with.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 5:21 pm 
Resident Scholar

I'm not saying you're doing something bad or anything.
I just like things being filed in respective drawers. It may be true that concrete game threads die after a few days because our community is small and very soon everything's said. But it is still possible that someone wants to add something, let's say because that person purchased the game six months after the thread was opened. In the meantime, other talk has been added to the general thread, making the whole thing a bit confusing for anybody who is looking for a particular piece of information. You don't always have a key word to search, so a single thread where every related statement is found in neat sequence is preferable imho.

That's why I open new threads once I've watched an Anime title that I find worth mentioning. I don't like putting it into the "What are you watching now" thread because "it blends in with the mass" and passes rather unnoticed I think. I did make an exception with Skip Beat, though, because liking it so much from the start I was very motivated to mention it (yeah, I couldn't wait), but I have not seen all of it yet (which would in my perception enable me to open a thread with an all-embracing comment).

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 5:41 pm 
Major Contributor

That's for things you've seen or played, though. My post is about something that's in the works, which was at least news to me at the time I got that email from Bioware, that I felt should be passed along to anybody interested. (Hence it's posting in the "Gaming News!" thread.) There's a thread similar to this for anime, isn't there? An "Anime News" thread? What about that? Wouldn't your case also apply to that?

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 6:24 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
That's why I open new threads once I've watched an Anime title that I find worth mentioning. I don't like putting it into the "What are you watching now" thread because "it blends in with the mass" and passes rather unnoticed I think. I did make an exception with Skip Beat, though, because liking it so much from the start I was very motivated to mention it (yeah, I couldn't wait), but I have not seen all of it yet (which would in my perception enable me to open a thread with an all-embracing comment).

I only make new threads when I have a question, or in that one case when I had a full review to share. When I just do a quick comment and opinion, I don't think it's notable enough for its own thread.

But I think a confirmed and planned project announcement should have its own thread.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2008, 4:28 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well now, they're not wasting any time :D

Valkyria Chronicles Game to Get TV Anime Next Spring

Simulation role-playing game set in fictional 1930s Europe

A television anime adaptation of Sega's Valkyria Chronicles (Senjō no Valkyria -Gallian Chronicles-) simulation role-playing game has been green-lit for production. The anime is scheduled for release in next spring. Sega's Overworks development unit (Sakura Wars) created the original game, which is set in the wartorn country of Gallia in a fictional version of 1930s Europe. Aniplex's A-1 Pictures anime studio (Ookiku Furikabutte, Persona -trinity soul-, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Kuroshitsuji, Kannagi) is producing the project. The Sony PlayStation 3 game first shipped in Japan on April 24, and it just shipped in the United States on November 4. Source ANN

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 11:32 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
Valkyria Chronicles Game to Get TV Anime Next Spring

That game with all these hot Seiyû?
Oh, I'm waiting, drooling, and Rock Hard. :lol2:

Post subject: Videogame news!
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 10:08 am 

Couldn't find a thread for videogame news...or maybe new screens and trailers....

I just read this which was quite interesting....if only Nintendo was reading that...ha... :sweat:

Post subject: Re: Videogame news!
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 10:43 am 
Resident Scholar

This guy Pachter seems pretty sure about the technical advances in the coming years... he has a point, but the development he is trying to foresee is anything but linear.

We already have Gaming News btw. :sweat:
Not fitting enough? :?: