Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upcoming Movies
PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 4:26 pm 

This is a topic to discuss new upcoming movies. I am a big movie fan and I love watching new trailers and getting hyped up to see a new movie. Of course some movies disappoint but hopefully we will get some good ones this year.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Looks pretty much like the first. Action looks good and story doesn't really exist. I really liked the first one and the only reason I am thinking twice about going to see it are the reviews. Most of the reviewers that do not like this one enjoyed the first movie. So I am wondering how different this one is.

Public Enemies.
Michael Mann's new film. Probably my most look-forwarded to movie of the summer. (Aside from Star Trek, which was amazing)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This will probably be the most boring of the series just because the whole book was spent mostly on character development. The trailer looks action packed, but I think those trailer scenes are all the action scenes in the whole movie.

(500) Days of Summer. I am both a fan of Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Levitt is a very promising young actor. The fact that its not a total chick flick has me interested.

District 9. I am extremely stay-offish of this movie. Could be a science fiction gem, but could be the biggest flop. I need another trailer to get a better feel of this one.

Inglourious Basterds. Quentin Tarantino knows how to make me confused. Not with the plot, but with how I feel after watching one of his movies. I always have to watch it again to say whether I really liked it or just thought it was ok. I want to see this one in theaters but I do not want to waste my money.

Sherlock Holmes. When I heard about this and the actors involved I got excited. When I saw the images of the actors and sets I got giddy. The trailer made me sad...slow mo scenes were laughably bad. Very disappointed in the trailer.

9. The animation style is cool, the story very promising, and the guys involved are known for making good stuff. Having a kickass trailer didn't hurt much either.

Surrogates. I like the science fiction genre and this could be a good one

Shutter Island. Leo and Scorsese make a good team so I have faith in this movie.

The Time Traveler's Wife. Looks like an excellent blend of romance and science fiction.

Ponyo. The Spirited Away guy, do I really need to say more?

The Last Airbender. M. Night hasn't done so well with his last movie. The only thing keeping me excited about this is the teaser trailer and images from the set.

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Movies
PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 5:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

I might be interested in "upcoming movies" once they're a few years old or after someone made me watch them on a potentially boring afternoon. Or after my girlfriend dragged me to the cinema. :sweat:

PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 10:49 pm 

zero_chaos wrote:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This will probably be the most boring of the series just because the whole book was spent mostly on character development. The trailer looks action packed, but I think those trailer scenes are all the action scenes in the whole movie.

Your right this book was spent on a lot of character development, but it has my hot sexy man Alan Rickman in it as Professor Snape..so I will be there. I might wear one of my snape shirts.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 7:54 am 
Resident Scholar

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I might wear one of my snape shirts.

You "might"? What circumstances could keep you from wearing it?

PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 8:23 am 

Having a Fresno shirt would make the Snape one useless :booyah:

PostPosted: June 27th, 2009, 10:10 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Fresnokila wrote:
Having a Fresno shirt would make the Snape one useless :booyah:

It certainly would! :d^_^b:

zero_chaos wrote:

Arg! All I want from Harry Potter is more badassness. I've been thoroughly disappointed with all the movies so far with how little actual fighting they do in them. I need some sort of Harry Potter/DBZ fusion so they can get more action in there. Or maybe I just don't like any of the characters enough to care about anything else that's going on but the action. That could explain why they always disappoint me... :sigh: Still going to see it though, hoping the 6th times a charm.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2009, 4:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
All I want from Harry Potter is more badassness. I've been thoroughly disappointed with all the movies so far with how little actual fighting they do in them.

I think fighting is not quite what all of this HP universe is all about... it didn't seem like an action story to me and deviating from the original book is something I dislike.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2009, 5:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Meh, I'm more excited to see the Wolfman remake to be released than any of the movies listed to be honest.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2009, 6:08 pm 

Gojira wrote:
Meh, I'm more excited to see the Wolfman remake to be released than any of the movies listed to be honest.

Thats cool, the list I made was movies I saw trailers for and was interested in. Please feel free to bring up any upcoming movies you find interesting.

The Wolfman
isn't a movie I am looking forward to but it does show promise. Both the writers have written movies I enjoyed. The director also has a good rep of directing some quality movies. The actors involved are also good so it will surprise me if The Wolfman isn't good.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2009, 6:14 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
Gojira wrote:

Thats cool, the list I made was movies I saw trailers for and was interested in. Please feel free to bring up any upcoming movies you find interesting.

The Wolfman
isn't a movie I am looking forward to but it does show promise. Both the writers have written movies I enjoyed. The director also has a good rep of directing some quality movies. The actors involved are also good so it will surprise me if The Wolfman isn't good.

Yeah, even though not much information has been released about it, but telling from the picture I have high hopes that it'll live up to the 1941 classic movie. I'm sure the director and writers will make sure it will hold up.

I'll keep ya'll posted on some of the movies that you've missed but you might end up wanting to see. :wink:

PostPosted: June 30th, 2009, 12:36 am 

42317 wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
All I want from Harry Potter is more badassness. I've been thoroughly disappointed with all the movies so far with how little actual fighting they do in them.

I think fighting is not quite what all of this HP universe is all about... it didn't seem like an action story to me and deviating from the original book is something I dislike.

I agree I would hate for them to deviate from the book story-wise as I actually enjoyed the books. And to answer your question 42317 the only thing stopping me from wearing one of my snape shirts is that their kinda lost...I was doing spring cleaning and I have some bags of clothes in the basement *I have a lot of clothes*. I'll have to look through them for a snape shirt.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 5:54 pm 
Major Contributor

I really wanna see Saw VI. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and even though i sometimes complain along with many fans about how the franchise won't end until it reaches eight or nine, i like to see the traps, how they work, and especially in the recent ones the flashbacks that detail Jigsaw's backstory and how he recruited his accomplices. I saw in the theater the first one, II, and III. Feel somewhat embarassed to say that i didn't do the same with IV and V especially since IMO they were great in fleshing out how John Kramer became Jigsaw. Recently, it was confirmed that number seven will be shot on 3-D. Usually, i'm not a big fan of the 3-D movement but i guess it's one i'll have to start getting used to and fast since the Saw franchise as well as the Resident Evil franchise and the fourth movie Afterlife coming soon in 2010 will be shot on 3-D as well. Can't let a gimmick ruin my franchise progression. As for the upcoming sixth Saw, i thought the "Carousel Trap" was very creative. I can't wait to see the "Steam Room Trap" as well.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 1:57 pm 

New long movie list that I want to see!

The Lovely Bones. Trailer was just released and it looks very promising. With all the big names involved, I will be surprised if this movie isn't great.

Tron Legacy. Watch the trailer in HD please. If nothing else, the visuals will be top of the line.

The Book of Eli. The trailer looked interesting. Denzel always does good work. The only thing I see that raises questions would be the writer. No other movie scripts written by the guy but I hear he has worked with some video game stuff before.

Alice in Wonderful. Tim Burton was born to direct this movie. Trailer looks nice but I want more!

The Box. Very interesting concept and I am a sucker for original science-fiction movies.

Brothers. Something different so it caught my eye. Plus Natalie Portman. :wuv:

When are we getting a trailer for Avatar?

PostPosted: August 6th, 2009, 12:27 am 

zero_chaos wrote:
Alice in Wonderful. Tim Burton was born to direct this movie. Trailer looks nice but I want more!

Alan Rickman is in it :wuv:

PostPosted: August 6th, 2009, 12:56 am 
Major Contributor

The Wolfman remake is being delayed to February 12, 2010.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/to ... p?id=11222

Goddammit. :wtf:

Anyway, enjoy this kickass picture of the remake version of the Wolfman himself.