Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: January 19th, 2010, 3:53 pm 

Moon. The story of a man working a solo job on the moon, harvesting clean energy, for three years. Great science fiction movie that was very engrossing from the very beginning. You truly feel Sam's sense of loneliness.

Primer. A movie about two friends and their accidental discovery of time travel. The best description I can think of this movie is from a review I read titled "The thinking man's science fiction movie". It reminded me of Memento without the polish and direction. Still worth a watch if you want to really sit down and think hard for an hour and a half.

After years of trying, I finally got my wife into LOST. Great television show about a group of plane crash survivors on a mysterious island. The sixth and final season will air on ABC February 2nd. So its no easy task trying to finish season 1 through 5 before this new season starts. :sweat:

PostPosted: January 21st, 2010, 7:40 pm 
Major Contributor

I finally put a fear to rest when i watched My Bloody Valentine 3D last night on my computer. I thought for a long time that watching a 3D movie on a computer screen wouldn't work but not only was it a success but seeing the 3D effects on the computer were a far better turnout from watching it on the TV screen. :booyah:

Not only was i able to see the traditional effects of objects thrown at your face, but the environments were easier to see in their 3D form which i hadn't really noticed previous times watching it on the TV screen. Really feels like you're right there with the characters. :D

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 4:25 pm 

Than maybe I must check on a computer...because on a 27inch tv only some things were 3-d...and on a 52inch widescreen hd tv...same...

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2010, 3:50 pm 
Major Contributor

House on Haunted Hill (1959 Original) - Saw it with my folks. They definitely got a kick out of seeing how obvious the scary effects of that time were. For me, it's still a fun movie and discussing how they did each scare with my folks was entertaining. Vincent Price totally owns his role like he always does, and the other actors did a good job with the characters given.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2010, 6:59 pm 
Major Contributor

Jason X - Saw it last night. I know some here aren't huge fans of this entry in the Friday the 13th franchise, but i felt a huge curiosity to go ahead and see it for old times sake. The trick is to watch it and not take it seriously. Sure, sequences like the Kay-Em android wearing an outfit that a dominatrix would be proud of and fighting Jason with gunplay and martial arts look bogus but when one analyzes the way it was written, it's more of a horror comedy if anything else. So all in all, keeping the horror comedy element in mind helps one to watch the experience and even enjoy it somewhat.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2010, 2:52 am 

Gamer- I found this movie to be a little confusing at the beginning, but once the details and plot unfolded I couldn't stop watching. Gamer is set in a future-world where humans can control other humans in mass-scale, multi-player online gaming environments. Kable (Gerard Butler) is a star player in one of these "games" called Slayers. Anyone who can make it through 30 rounds of Slayers can go free and that is how the story begins.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 5:17 pm 

Yeah Gamer wasn't so bad....and was a bit ecchi too :whistle:

But hurry and watch Law Abiding Citizen :ninja:

PostPosted: January 27th, 2010, 10:24 pm 

Fresnokila wrote:
Yeah Gamer wasn't so bad....and was a bit ecchi too :whistle:

But hurry and watch Law Abiding Citizen :ninja:

Looks like someone has a crush on Gerard Butler. :lol2:

Magnolia. A movie about several individuals with a main storyline weaving in and out of all of their lives. Good movie that is very interesting to watch if you enjoy spending three hours absorbing fine acting with a masterpiece script. This is probably one of the most two sided movies I will ever see. Meaning: you love it or hate it. I personally loved it.

Angels and Demons. Despite my beliefs, I watched and enjoyed the first one. This one gave me the exact same feeling as the first. That feeling was enjoyment but not lasting. Good to watch but not good enough to own or really recommend.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 3:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Saw VI - Out of all the sequels made, this one is hands down one of the best! :booyah: The traps as always were interesting to watch how they worked, the plot pacing was much more fluid than in previous films, even my dad loved this sequel a lot when we watched it together. The franchise is known for it's underlying messages, and this one sends out a fair criticism of the health insurance companies. The game was very fair in the aspect that everybody really was connected, no matter how big or small the connection may be. Tobin Bell as John/Jigsaw always delivers his best, it was very nice to see Shawnee Smith play new scenes as Amanda in this one since she was basically restricted to archive footage in IV and V, Costas Mandylor as Hoffman definitely creates an aura of a guy who could slit your throat if you don't watch out (Mark Rolston as Erickson certainly learned that the hard way, didn't he? :mrgreen: ), and Betsy Russell as Jill did a good job in finally establishing her full connection to how involved is she with John's Jigsaw games and how much she still loves him even though he does what he's infamous for.

I also have to say that Tanedra Howard; the girl who won the Scream Queens reality show; did a great job with her part in the beginning. Me and dad were also definitely wondering the underlying tone to what she said when asked if she learned from her experience. And because she's confirmed to reprise her role in Saw VII, her role might expand and if it does, i look forward to it. :D

The Ruins - Finally watched it on Cinemax. Now i know why i never bought it on DVD... This movie really sucked Donkey Kong balls. It's bad enough that Jonathan Tucker as the male lead is completely unsympathetic as he tries to contain the situation, but the whole thing of the vines being able to mimic and in an essence make fun of the suffering of the others was even more ridiculous than the fact that the vines are carnivorous in the first place. I will give it credit for having sexy females, both Jena Malone and Laura Ramsey were mighty fine beauties. But other than that, it just isn't very impressive. Probably what suprised me most was that Ben Stiller was actually a producer here... Hmmm, maybe he better stick to comedy in case it was his fault that this movie sucked.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2010, 9:16 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Saw Zardoz(1974) for the first time and to be honest, I was rather disappointed with it. I was hoping for some cheesy, trippy sci-fi action in it, but instead it was more of an artsy, self-indulgent metaphors about human nature or something like that. It was definitely weird, but it was kinda boring at the same time. Perhaps I need to be in the right frame of mind and I should re-watch so that I can enjoy it more.

However, it does have its moments, especially when Zardoz himself gave his speech in the beginning of the movie and Sean Connery did a good job at his role...even if he had to dress like this.

Words cannot describe this. :lol:

PostPosted: February 6th, 2010, 9:39 pm 
Major Contributor

^ :shock:

Was he suffering financially at that time?! I can't think of any other reason for someone like him to agree to wear that hideous thing... :wtf:

PostPosted: February 7th, 2010, 12:05 am 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
^ :shock:

Was he suffering financially at that time?! I can't think of any other reason for someone like him to agree to wear that hideous thing... :wtf:

It was rather bad. I dunno if it's fair to be glad I haven't seen something just because of a bad costume, but...yuck...
:doh:

PostPosted: February 7th, 2010, 2:27 am 

The Hurt Locker - This is one kickass movie! The Hurt Locker is a documentary-style movie about our soldiers in Iraq. Specifically it focuses on a group of soldiers that deactivate bombs. It really makes me feel for our soldiers who are out there risking their lives daily for us.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2010, 1:00 pm 

Well I saw Lionheart...wow....I didn't remember this movie as much as I thought..haha and it shows its age (old Van Damme movie...back when he was somebody)...
It was still entertaining to watch but as I saw the last fight you realize how its the same in every movie he makes....haha...make him look like he is losing and than suddenly somebody will say something that he will make a comeback and win (and funny...the bad guys stop blocking from that point on)

Still enjoyed it :gatsu:

PostPosted: February 15th, 2010, 6:51 pm 
Major Contributor

For Your Eyes Only - Bought it on DVD today since my old VHS copy has been severely injured by dust over the past year and getting to see it on widescreen as well as the cool, crisp audio confirmed once more that this is my favorite James Bond movie ever! :booyah: Kinda ironic how i bought it in the midst of Winter Olympic fever going on nowadays :mrgreen: . The Spanish countryside car chase humorously reminded me of Tokyo Drift but then again just about ANY car chase from any other movie which involves sharp turns has me thinking of Tokyo Drift so that would indicate that out of all the Fast and Furious movies that have come out, that particular title is my most favorite. Back to the Bond movie, the helicopter scene at the beginning was such a risky stunt especially when the helicopter is moving so close to Blofeld. I still look at that scene and think 2 things: It looks SO real and i hope the chopper doesn't end up knocking Blofeld out of his wheelchair from all the extreme wind it was generating at such close distance from the actor. The Olympic ski/motorcycle chase is still a favorite due to how fast and how clever the sequence of events played out. I've been going on and on about chases that this movie might as well be the best chase movie ever made! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 57  Next