Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 9:05 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Of course i know it's a remake! I'm not dumb :wtf: , i simply never addressed the original movie in my review. I even know that despite never being seen unmasked in the first race at the beginning, David Carradine voiced the real Frankenstein in the remake's beginning race. :P2:

Oh good. Just wanted to make sure, since when it comes to these kinda of movies, I kinda get a bit antsy over them. Seeing a remake like Death Race, the general public is going to think that it's an entirely new movie, despoite the fact that the same idea was made 33 years ago. Which is kinda sad in a way.

And David Carradine's in the remake?!? Well then I guess watching it wouldn't be so bad after all... or at least I hope it doesn't hurt... :sweat:

Like i said before, his voice at least... Unfortunately, he doesn't grace us with his presence and like i said, it's only the beginning race. Hope that doesn't hinder your hopes any further down the drain... :sweat:

PostPosted: January 6th, 2010, 6:42 pm 
Major Contributor

My Bloody Valentine 3D - This one had way better 3D effects than The Final Destination which made the ride extremely kickass!!! :booyah: Kerr Smith is one of my favorite actors so seeing him as the sheriff was a very nice career boost, Jaime King is lovely looking as always, and seeing Jensen Ackles in a different haircut was a suprising sight to see since i usually remember him in his role as one of Jen's boyfriends in Dawson's Creek where he had the semi long parted between the middle hair look. The twist at the end was a nice personal touch, i should also mention that seeing old school talent like Tom Atkins was a treat for 80s horror buffs like moi.

For the record, i haven't seen the original 1981 film yet but seeing how this remake was a blast, i'm definitely tempted to go ahead and get the predecessor and then compare notes.

Fracture - I had seen the movie lots of times on HBO but never 100 percent completely. The two leads, Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling, give off great performances. Gosling's accent i could sense a mile away given how he talked naturally back when he did Murder by Numbers. The movie is a nice little court drama mixed with good old suspense and despite the lack of screen time Hopkins had after the beginning act was done, it was very interesting following Gosling's character in trying to get the evidence needed to lock up the convicted murderer for good.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 11:32 am 

I saw Final Destination (again) too...and even though we got it 3-D..we opted for watching the 2-D version...we also bought My Bloody Valentine in 3-D and just saw a few scenes...just to see how it compared to Final Destination...and well..its the same thing..
And too much colors for my eyes...ha....I prefer watching it 2-D for now...

PostPosted: January 9th, 2010, 3:23 pm 
Major Contributor

The Beach - What can i say, Thailand is one of the most beautiful places in the entire world and we'd be kidding ourselves to say any different! The visuals of the chain island country are sights to behold. Even seeing the "cancers eating up the whole damn world" livin it up on the beaches that aren't as pretty as THE beach are a nice and fortunate bunch. As for Leo DiCaprio, there's no doubt he's a great actor. He's always impressed me with every movie he makes, so he's definitely not just a pretty boy who got lucky with the sinking boat movie and would most likely fade to obscurity once everybody got over the Titanic sinking. To say Virginie Ledoyen isn't a beautiful woman would be like saying the sunset isn't pretty when you see it. Of course she's a babe and IMO way hotter than Kate Winslet... *There, i said it! I'll see you in the People's Court!* As for THE beach, of course it's magnificent and the little village is a nice touch but if i knew from the beginning that there were weed farmers with guns and sharks that gobble up and injure Swedish dudes, i'd probably pass up the opportunity to actually go there. :sweat:

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 2:40 am 
Regular

ah, the beach. i do not know why but no matter how bad a movie is, as long as the setting is on a tropical island, i will love the movie.
true the french girl is hot, but tilda swinton always moves me.

oh and this:
G-Core wrote:
Gojira wrote:
G-Core wrote:
Death Race (2008) - Still a good movie as far as the racing sequences go and the hand to hand combat and hot babes as well. I'm sure this movie got a lot of inspiration from the Twisted Metal games in terms of how the whole cars with weapons angle came off here. Makes one think that a TM video game to film adaptation might be possible, after all...

You realize that it's actually a remake of Death Race 2000 (1975) right? The original version was produced by Roger Corman and it had David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone in it. While I haven't seen the remake myself nor do I want to. It looks just most Hollywood remakes of b-movies, where all the fun gets taken away and ends up being either mediocre or awful.

Of course i know it's a remake! I'm not dumb :wtf: , i simply never addressed the original movie in my review. I even know that despite never being seen unmasked in the first race at the beginning, David Carradine voiced the real Frankenstein in the remake's beginning race. :P2:
the reason why gojira thought you did not know about the original is because you said that it was inspired by "Twisted Metal" and not the original which also had machine guns and stuff mounted on the cars.

by the way, the remake is a completely different movie. and it completely sucks in my opinion. they dropped the best part probably because of how non-pc it is. the point system with bystanders that is.

OH!
the movie i just watched was a Thai movie called 2022 Tsunami. it was an unbelievable crapfest. characters sucked. the acting sucked. the CGI has hilarious, but i never judge a film by that. the story! oh my the story! haha. i gather the idea is that we are the cause of global warming and because of that, we are causing earthquakes... um... which causes tidal waves. well that is what i got from the "politics" talked about in the story. but to boil it down here it goes!

one guy has visions or nightmares or something that either allows him to hallucinate or something about the exact CG/stock footage of the tidal wave that will hit in the end. one doctor has an underwater lab who predicts the event. a nice lab in what looks like a large semi truck gas tank from the outside but nice flat walls and windows inside with table and stool on wheels... hehe. he warns the prime minister of the upcoming wave. who has problems of his own because they already had 2 false alarms and other political powers try and put the "never cry wolf" guilt trip on him. oh the other political power guy has a son who owns a resort on an island where he beats up the locals because they are either blabbing about the tsunami or encroaching on his land, whatever is supposed to hurt his business. i think that whole aspect is to show the evil of corporations and resorts...

it really is quite ridiculous. i know if you put everything together it kind of makes sense. it is just so laughable though. there are just so many terrible scenes. scenes that use no logic. the ones that make me laugh is when the "bad politician" says he does not believe the tsunami will come and that he will just go on his yacht. the "yacht" is a huge cruise liner which is the first to get rolled over when the wave comes. nice touch that he is playing with his young boy lover in the process... now what is the writer telling us? haha.

another amazing scene is when the prime minister takes matters in his own hands and goes against the pilot of "blackhawk 1" rescue military chopper by putting an entire busload of children in the chopper and leaving himself at the mercy of the water. while a news reporter and camera guy in another chopper film the whole thing. do not worry! later on good ol' buddha rescues the prime minister. how? well i mean the 100 foot golden standing statue that rips itself off it's base due to being submerged. I guess it was made of styrofoam! or maybe a hollow center with perfect seal?! who cares! as long as we have the image of the golden buddha rescuing the heroic prime minister it does not have to make sense at all!

PostPosted: January 11th, 2010, 3:00 am 
Regular

OH! another scene i remember!

out of the many times the dream boy and his chimpanzee (yup, he has a pet chimp) examine all the wildlife he decides to take his sister or of some relation out rappelling down a cliff and show them the rocks that show how a tsunami hit 1800 years ago and then 900 years ago. yup! you guessed it! she confirmed with dream boy, that is 900 years apart so the next one will happen soon giver take a year or two! haha

another touching scene is when that same girl ignoring all warnings about the impending doom, boats out in the ocean in search of.... her dolphin! mai tai (loved the name) after stopping the boat in the ocean she starts screaming the name. you got it! mai tai was there! swam up to her for huggies. the girl warns mai tai about the tidal wave hitting in an hour or so, "you are a smart animal! swim far away" (okay i cannot remember the exact words but that is pretty much it) mai tai being smart and all listens to her human friend and bolts jumping out of the water and splashing in all it's crappy CG glory. haha if there is one whole scene you must see, that is the one.

speaking of CG i know i know, this is low budget, but when you see cars still driving directly into the tidal wave and not stopping, you wonder. they could have at least had the cars brake. i know it was just footage of present day bangkok which they put a wave over it but they could have tried a little. and why 2022? maybe that number has some significance... maybe there really is some truth to that whole rock climbing scene... ha!

PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 3:10 pm 
Major Contributor

This morning, i was watching Women of Ninja Warrior (aka Kunoichi). The women as always are gorgeous and seeing them either grab the victory flag or fall into the muddy water is a guilty pleasure i never get tired of. :booyah:

Of course, the sexiest one of all that have come and gone IMO without a doubt is Rie Komiya!!! She puts all other females, even the blonde Playboy model, to shame with her ponytail, red shirt, short white pants, and kawaii smile, of course. :d^_^b:

I was watching Slumdog Millionaire in the afternoon and i'm now watching Jurassic Park. I still think Slumdog is one of Danny Boyle's best and the same goes with Spielberg and the dinosaurs!!! :clap:

PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 4:01 pm 

District 9. Surprised at how emotional this movie became. I still am not sure how much I enjoyed this movie just because its so different from anything I have ever watched before.

Terminator Salvation. Very good Terminator movie. I expected to like it but the acting kinda surprised me. McG did a good job of directing other than a few scenes that made my head hurt a little bit.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2010, 6:42 pm 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
OH! the movie i just watched was a Thai movie called 2022 Tsunami. it was an unbelievable crapfest.

We had a German Tsunami movie, too, a few months after the actual catastrophe. It was about a company which was exploring energy sources in the North Sea, a sort of methane gas in some spongy stuff under the bottom of the sea. Of course there were ecologist doomsayers, and guess what - they were right. Due to an egotistical action of the corporate security chief the spongy stuff ignites and collapses, and several cubic kilometers of water get moving. As the North Sea Islands and the complete European coast is in danger, the Navy detonates every sea mine they have just as the wave passes over them - the wave gets out of sync and divides up into smaller, harmless waves. Hooray!

Scientists asked about their opinion dismissed the idea and said that even exploding a nuclear device underneath the wave would amount to nothing much more than a fart in a swimmingpool considering the huge amount of energy under way.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2010, 3:34 pm 
Major Contributor

I was watching a bit of Parental Control this early afternoon. Scripted or not, that MTV show is very entertaining and the grand finale of the guy or girl choosing the perfect candidate between the two options chosen by the parents or sticking with the significant other the parents "hate" is always a heartbeater.

Now i'm watching a bit of Desperado and i was very entertained by the cameos made by Quentin Tarantino and Cheech Marin. Tarantino as the bar drinker who makes the piss joke and Marin as the bartender both had very bloody deaths but that's why they get paid the big bucks. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 16th, 2010, 9:22 pm 
Major Contributor

Hero - Truly an epic tale that lives up to it's hype. The action sequences are beautifully choreographed, no expense was spared in mooding up the scenes by having the environments of the moment and the clothing the characters wear in the scene convey similarity to a point that reflects mood. Zhang Ziyi, as always, is a sexy spirited young woman whom unfortunately has a very small part in this one but that's all right considering how good she delivers on her acting skills in this and all of her movies. The message the movie conveys was one me and my dad both took to heart. What we interpreted to be the film's ultimate message is that violence only begets more violence and only total peace can unite the world. But before seeking peace in the world, one must find peace in themselves or be doomed to make the mistakes and consequences that come from holding onto grudges and hate until the very end.

Probably not the message others interpreted, but that's the way i see it...

PostPosted: January 17th, 2010, 7:22 pm 
Major Contributor

Halloween II (2009) - Where do i start? If getting some of the most realistic looking violence on film is what Rob Zombie was aiming for, then he got that part right. But in terms of scares and such, there's hardly any such thing here. It's more like a violent drama unfolding than one of a suspenseful thriller. To make matters worse, several key characters from the first one were made less sympathetic in this one. Biggest example would be Dr. Loomis. The guy turned from a sympathetic psychologist to a total gold digger who deserved every insult and death threat headed his way. As for Annie Brackett, it was a shame that her and Laurie's friendship got messed up in the healing process. Laurie fortunately is still a sympathetic lead and you go through the film really capturing it through her mind. Discovering you're the younger sister of a serial murderer understandably would screw with your head and make you doubt the trust of those around you.

All in all, maybe they should reconsider making this supposed third 3D entry with or without Zombie and just reboot the franchise all together, making sure that they keep the horror elements that make Halloween a successful franchise alive instead of totally killing it once you give someone the O.K. to do whatever he wants with a Halloween film...

PostPosted: January 18th, 2010, 7:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Halloween II (2009) - Where do i start?

I'm impressed with you being so elaborate. Thanks for the insight! :d^_^b:

PostPosted: January 19th, 2010, 1:08 pm 

And Bam!...told you so G-Core...I warned you on how bad this movie was..Bam! :gatsu:

PostPosted: January 19th, 2010, 1:47 pm 
Major Contributor

Well, you know me. Have to see for myself just how bad it is despite previous advice... :sweat:

The World is Not Enough - Been catching this Bond flick on Showtime several times and it's a good entry though seeing Bond getting too attached to a female that it affects his judgment is never a good side of him to see. Makes him look like a pussy... :d-_-b: Anyway, why get all worked up over Sophie Marceau when you have Denise Richards?! I'd take Denise Richards over the other girl any day! :d^_^b: The Bond gadgets are very practical and some of the best ever used. Just a damn shame they had to wreck the BMW, though. More like cut in half, but you get the point. :shame:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 57  Next