Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: January 1st, 2010, 1:26 pm 
Major Contributor

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - The very last movie i saw last year and could you believe i finished it exactly 3 minutes before the new year started?! The visual effects are most definitely at their best with this entry, sequences like the bridge attack were handled so efficiently. Little tidbit, the bridge scene in this one somewhat reminded me of the bridge escape scene in Cloverfield but in a very good way.

The Ron/Hermione relationship had it's ups and downs displayed with accuracy and to be completely fair, the scene where he mutters Hermione's name than Lavender's in his sleep was a very touching and very take that type of scene since Lavender definitely was annoying especially with the nickname she always calls him. As for the Harry/Ginny relationship, seeing them together was a beautiful sight and i know that their first kiss doesn't happen the way the book shows it to be but nevertheless, it was a scene that will always stay with my memory due to it's delicate and slightly fun handle on it. Draco Malfoy probably was at his most emo with this movie. Despite not dying his hair black, he was always sitting with his angry grin alone and crying at times to the point of one wondering whether he might be a self-mutilator if his emoness got more intense...

As for the inevitable Dumbledore scene at the end, it felt like "Whoa..." Like it was really the hugest loss not only Harry has suffered but we the fans have had to swallow and is the toughest one to shove down yet. The last frame of Harry, Ron, and Hermione was a nice touch and breather of fresh air especially because it's only gonna get darker from this point forward.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2010, 5:20 pm 
Major Contributor

The Final Destination - That's 82 minutes and 31 dollars of my life i'll never get back! :mad2: Not only is it the worst in the franchise, very sloppy pacing and script writing; i mean, seriously, does Hunt have the lungs of a whale or something given how long he was underwater :blink: ; it certainly doesn't help that the teens find out and prepare for Death a little too quickly for my taste when compared to the experience of the survivors of the first 3 movies, and to top it all off, the 3D glasses crap currently has me pissed off to no fricking end. :d-_-b: Doesn't work for shit, the guy who played Nick looks and sounds like a Kerr Smith wannabe :wtf: , and this marks the first time in the new year that i got truly pissed off since i feel like i've been absolutely screwed over by a bunch of shysters...

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2010, 10:08 pm 
Major Contributor

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a good film...but it's also an example of why I wouldn't be able to get into musicals.

Picked up Saw 3 today, so I'm about to put that on.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 1:45 pm 
Major Contributor

I realize that now, i'm gonna have to write a retraction...

Yesterday, i went into my rant on how i thought The Final Destination sucked and how the 3D glasses don't work which was what really let me down. I'm happy and slightly embarrassed to say me and dad saw it again and this time, we did see it in 3D.

What i had forgotten was that the DVD carried both 2D and 3D versions and the version we saw yesterday was the 2D version. Big fucking "OOPS"! :sweat: While i maintain certain points i made about the script having sloppy pacing and slightly mediocre writing, the opportunity to see it the way it was meant to be seen definitely made me appreciate the movie a slight bit more as well as grateful i didn't throw it away. :D

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 4:24 pm 

Up. Very good movie but the beginning was probably one of the saddest moments in an animated kids movie. I still recommend any Disney-Pixar fan to see this one.

[b](500) Days of Summer
. I might watch this one again before I send it back. Hard to explain my emotions about this film. I think it is one of those movies that is love or hate it. I loved it, btw. [/b]

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 4:35 pm 

G-Core wrote:
What i had forgotten was that the DVD carried both 2D and 3D versions and the version we saw yesterday was the 2D version. Big fucking "OOPS"! :sweat: While i maintain certain points i made about the script having sloppy pacing and slightly mediocre writing, the opportunity to see it the way it was meant to be seen definitely made me appreciate the movie a slight bit more as well as grateful i didn't throw it away. :D

I made the same mistake with Journey to the Center of the Earth so your not alone G-Core! :P2:

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Major Contributor

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
G-Core wrote:

I made the same mistake with Journey to the Center of the Earth so your not alone G-Core! :P2:

Whew... Thank goodness! :sweat:

PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 5:42 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Bubba Ho-Tep(2002)- The movie is about Elvis Presley as an old man (played by Bruce Campbell) and JFK (played by Ossie Davis), who is actually black in the movie and old; who live in a retirement home and fought off a 3,000 year old mummy named Bubba Ho-Tep, who sucks the souls of the barely living.

I was actually surprised with this movie. I was kinda expecting an over-the-top horror comedy film in the style of the Evil Dead Trilogy, but half of the movie focuses on Elvis' view on his life and such. I'm not saying it was dissapointing, but I wasn't expecting that either. Other than that, I really liked this movie and it was pretty funny too. I'd recommend everyone to watch this movie.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 12:42 am 
Major Contributor

Saw 4: Bought and saw this one since watching 3. Grossest. Beginning. Ever.
Spoiler
I know the point was to find the tape he'd swallowed...but did we really need the entire autopsy just for that?
I give the movie *** out of 5. Good, but not quite as good as 1 or 3...

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 1:58 pm 
Major Contributor

shgarland wrote:
Saw 4: Bought and saw this one since watching 3. Grossest. Beginning. Ever.
Spoiler
I know the point was to find the tape he'd swallowed...but did we really need the entire autopsy just for that?
I give the movie *** out of 5. Good, but not quite as good as 1 or 3...

Plus the fact that the Saw franchise is known for it's ending twists and this one pretty much had the most predictable ending twist out of all...
Spoiler
Of course Hoffman is Jigsaw's apprentice, his short appearance in III gave off that impression.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 3:20 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Plus the fact that the Saw franchise is known for it's ending twists and this one pretty much had the most predictable ending twist out of all...
Spoiler
Of course Hoffman is Jigsaw's apprentice, his short appearance in III gave off that impression.

Now that I think about it, this too is true.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 5:42 pm 
Major Contributor

Ninja Vixens: Devilish Angels - A made for tv quality movie filled with low par special effects, short fights, and plenty of gravure idol actresses showing off some skin... Obviously nothing Oscar-worthy, but still a fun guilty pleasure. :wink:

Death Race (2008) - Still a good movie as far as the racing sequences go and the hand to hand combat and hot babes as well. I'm sure this movie got a lot of inspiration from the Twisted Metal games in terms of how the whole cars with weapons angle came off here. Makes one think that a TM video game to film adaptation might be possible, after all...

Just don't let Uwe Boll anywhere near the director's chair is all i ask to the game owners if they really want a cool game like that to be just as cool on film! :d-_-b:

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 6:18 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Death Race (2008) - Still a good movie as far as the racing sequences go and the hand to hand combat and hot babes as well. I'm sure this movie got a lot of inspiration from the Twisted Metal games in terms of how the whole cars with weapons angle came off here. Makes one think that a TM video game to film adaptation might be possible, after all...

You realize that it's actually a remake of Death Race 2000 (1975) right? The original version was produced by Roger Corman and it had David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone in it. While I haven't seen the remake myself nor do I want to. It looks just most Hollywood remakes of b-movies, where all the fun gets taken away and ends up being either mediocre or awful.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 7:10 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
G-Core wrote:

You realize that it's actually a remake of Death Race 2000 (1975) right? The original version was produced by Roger Corman and it had David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone in it. While I haven't seen the remake myself nor do I want to. It looks just most Hollywood remakes of b-movies, where all the fun gets taken away and ends up being either mediocre or awful.

Of course i know it's a remake! I'm not dumb :wtf: , i simply never addressed the original movie in my review. I even know that despite never being seen unmasked in the first race at the beginning, David Carradine voiced the real Frankenstein in the remake's beginning race. :P2:

PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 8:50 pm 
Major Contributor

G-Core wrote:
Of course i know it's a remake! I'm not dumb :wtf: , i simply never addressed the original movie in my review. I even know that despite never being seen unmasked in the first race at the beginning, David Carradine voiced the real Frankenstein in the remake's beginning race. :P2:

Oh good. Just wanted to make sure, since when it comes to these kinda of movies, I kinda get a bit antsy over them. Seeing a remake like Death Race, the general public is going to think that it's an entirely new movie, despoite the fact that the same idea was made 33 years ago. Which is kinda sad in a way.

And David Carradine's in the remake?!? Well then I guess watching it wouldn't be so bad after all... or at least I hope it doesn't hurt... :sweat:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 57  Next