Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 57  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 11:36 pm 
Major Contributor

Saw Transformers on Wednesday and I have to say I liked it. However, I would say that I was a little taken aback by the Transformers designs. Yeah, they certainly look more realistic with the more complex, however, I did feel a little nostalgic as I'm a big fan of the original designs (i.e. more robotic)

But it's not at all unexpected. And I will admit, the transformation effects are quite spectacular.

One thing I didn't like about the film was the fact that after about 2/3 of the way through, I was no longer impressed with the film. It just seemed to drag on a little too long. The fights were exciting at first, but eventually they just became a little . . . tedious.

Still it was still a pretty good movie, and definitely a worthwhile watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 12:32 am 

shgarland wrote:
When did you get confused? I didn't have any trouble.

Ironhide and Devastator fight in the city. Both transformers were grayish in color. Only happened in one quick scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 5:42 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
shgarland,

Oh I'll give it a shot. I never actually watched transformers, I think it was a little before my time, thus why I ended up watching Beast Wars.

I haven't really followed the Die Hard series either, but it seems like a good action flick to see regardless.

I'm not a big fan of recent new animation movies, I prefer the old ones I grew up with, like Aladdin and The Lion King etc. However, I think I will give Ratatoulle a try since it is actually involving people and it is so well reviewed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 7:27 am 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
shgarland wrote:
When did you get confused? I didn't have any trouble.

Ironhide and Devastator fight in the city. Both transformers were grayish in color. Only happened in one quick scene.

Funny how names of the less important Decepticons in the movie aren't shared with their figures in the toy line.
Acmurphy wrote:
Oh I'll give it a shot. I never actually watched transformers, I think it was a little before my time, thus why I ended up watching Beast Wars.

Beast Wars is a good series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 10:28 am 
Resident Scholar

shgarland wrote:
Beast Wars is a good series.

And I say "Beast Wars" is a shitty series. 8) It seemed so... loveless, produced without much care.
I liked the old Transformers because they had a relatively thin, but still perceivable storyline through the series.
Other than German broadcasters "suggested" it was not possible to watch the episodes in any given order.

I saw two episodes of "Dr. House" lately. I was surprised I really liked it, interesting characters. That seems to save the show on my behalf, because usually I do not like hospital series like "E.R.", this Boston hospital series the name of which I have forgotten, or (older caliber) "Trapper John, MD" (although I did like "Quincey", which did have a lot of "hospital flair" imho).

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 11:17 am 

Agreed Beast Wars and it's follow up were crap series. Mean they had their good parts but those were few and fare between. Still a good kidy show though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 6:24 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Man, where's the Beast Wars love?!?!?! I haven't actually seen BW since it was first shown on TV, but I certainly didn't have any problem with it. Though to be fair I wasn't that old so I really don't know how much I would like it now, but the memories are fond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 9:13 pm 
Major Contributor

I haven't seen it since it was shown either, I just remember it being good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 10:34 pm 

Saw Beast Wars when I was little and I loved it. Granted I was around the age of 10. :D

I still have an old VHS with some Beast Wars on it and its still good.

Saw Norbit the other day. Do not buy or rent this movie. See it maybe if you are bored and it is on normal TV.

Catch and Release. Chick flick but very different than most with the plot. You still pretty much know how it will end though.

Because I Said So. Another chick flick but a good one with funny scenes.

All decent movies but none worth renting or buying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 5:00 am 
Major Contributor

Actually now that I think about it, (after watching Transformers a second time, this time because I was dragged along by some friends) the main problem with the movie was the length. 144 minutes. That's a hell of a long time to spend in the movie theater. And for some reason not even POTC At World's End or Spiderman 3 seemed to drag as long as Transformers did. I think if they had cut the film to 100 minutes or so, it would have been perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 4:42 pm 

Saw Transformers last week....I really loved the movie...
Felt like staying there and seeing it again...ha...

I guess Die Hard is next...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 7:36 pm 
Major Contributor

spazmaster666 wrote:
Actually now that I think about it, (after watching Transformers a second time, this time because I was dragged along by some friends) the main problem with the movie was the length. 144 minutes. That's a hell of a long time to spend in the movie theater. And for some reason not even POTC At World's End or Spiderman 3 seemed to drag as long as Transformers did. I think if they had cut the film to 100 minutes or so, it would have been perfect.

I didn't feel like Transformers dragged on at all. I think the movie length's about right though. Nephew and I were supposed to meet our mums a certain time, and we were late because of the movie. They were able to wait in the lobby when they came back though, so it worked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 8:26 pm 

Yeah the length was ok with me too....I didn`t even notice it was long till it finished I saw my watch...
Only 2 things I didn`t like much...which was that radio transformers thing which looked a bit like Short Circuit....because it was quite annoying...
And the girl in the movie...though nice body :shock: ...thats about the only thing I liked about her in the movie....

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 10th, 2007, 10:26 pm 
Major Contributor

Fresnokila wrote:
Yeah the length was ok with me too....I didn`t even notice it was long till it finished I saw my watch...
Only 2 things I didn`t like much...which was that radio transformers thing which looked a bit like Short Circuit....because it was quite annoying...

Radio transformers thing...? You mean Frenzy, right? Didn't think he was all that annoying, though he couldn't seem to keep his head on his shoulders. It was like everyone was trying to force him to become some kind of mini Headmaster or something. Kinda see the Short Circuit thing, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2007, 12:48 am 

Ha I didn`t know it by name...

Oh saw Ghost Rider just now...didn`t see it in the theaters...
It was an ok movie....kind of felt there were many things that could have been done better...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 57  Next