Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 57  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2007, 2:45 pm 

AMDS wrote:
The Sopranos
Heroes
On the Lot (actually I've heard that one's being canceled).

Good thing I've given up Television. lol :roll:

The Sopranos ended good...but many were mad just because it ended.

On the Lot was a good idea but was not carried out in a good way. Send in your video of you presenting a short film and you might make it onto a TV show that if you won, made you millions. Only problem is you have 16 year olds up against 25 year olds that have gone through film school and know much more.

Quote:
It's really sad that these people can't seem to end these things correctly. I mean, we stick through the entire season and/or series and for what, just to be let down? I don't know what it is about endings that trouble these people so.

Your so right. People just want to see all the unanswered questions answered. They want to see a peaceful ending also. We don't want to see some stupid ending that makes the whole series look awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 7:59 am 
Resident Scholar

I saw "Hot Fuzz" on Thursday and it was definitely worth the money.
It's easy to see that the very same guys did "Shawn of the Dead" once you've seen the gushing (CG) blood... :)
But the movie has parody elements, like Clint Eastwood Western movies, by the way the hero appears for the showdown, there's "Father Brown" (you know, the preacher who gets new assignments in peaceful little villages and once he gets there something happens, he investigates, solves the case and is recalled for such off-duty activities), there's "Bad Boys" (with all the action and shooting while jumping and all...), and I think there's a little bit of "Godzilla" in it... maybe it's just my imagination, but you'll understand once you've seen it. :wink:
Great British entertainment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 8:00 pm 

I ahve to say I agree what are writers problem with writting good endings lately? Mean I've said it before I'll say it again I'm a writer and if you have any story telling ability writting a good ending ISN'T that hard. I think they're trying to go for a different ending the the traditional happy or sad endings, ignoring the reasons as to why those have been the standard ending to stories for however long stories have been told! But I digress it's been ages since I've seen a perfect ending to any story from movies to books to anime and manga as of late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 2:57 am 
Major Contributor

I just rewatched The Rock and I was reminded of just how great actions movies used to be in the 90s. These days it's all about special effects and CGI. We just don't see films like this one anymore. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 11:20 am 
Regular

Well, just got back from seeing Transformers.

Not bad. Pacing was a little faster than I would have liked, and I felt there were a bit too many characters that are shown for like, 20 seconds and then you never see them again, but they did an excellent job portraying the Transformers, and the interactions between human and Transformer were pretty believable. There's an excellent blend of humor with more serious scenes, and the humor was pitched at just the right level between clever and common-man.

The fight scenes, unfortunately, adopted that up-close, super-fast choreography they used in Batman Begins (which I hate with a passion. The fighting style, I mean, not Batman Begins). I would have preferred to see the hand-to-hand combat scenes a little more slowly, but I have to admit that it does quite well at conveying the sort of bone-crunching violence that one would see from seeing two 20 ton machines duke it out.

There's also the inevitable plot holes which I won't mention here, but fortunately most of them would be invisible to those unfamiliar with the overall plot of Transformers.

All in all, I still think it's a pretty good effort. (I loved it how they brought back Peter Cullen to voice Optimus Prime) If you're a Transformers fan, you MUST see this movie. (Although you probably were going to already. :P)

If nothing else, go and watch it just to ogle Megan Fox's thighs and butt. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 12:22 am 

Watched Transformers too. One thing I liked was how they had hands that morphed into cannons, or in Prime's case, even a heat blade. The fights were alot more believable than the classic old Transformers cartoons where they'd stand about and shoot each other with these tiny ass pistols.

I really liked the movie overall, and well I'm not too familiar with the Transformers universe anyway so I don't have much to compare it to. Some of the close up fighting scenes did get a bit messy but it was a fun ride.

The designs looked pretty nasty back in the still pictures we had, but they worked well in this movie. I was griping about Emo-Prime with droopy eyes before but it didn't seem all that apparent in the movie.

So in the end, besides the super corny starting speech, which made me burst out laughing..... it was a good watch.

Now to watch Fantastic Four 2 sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 12:52 am 

Saw Live Free or Die Hard yesterday.

I have not seen any of the older Die Hard movies so I won't go "there". I thought it was the best action movie so far this year. Better than Spiderman 3 thats for sure. The action was pretty intensive and the plot worked, even though it was a little "out-there". Still it made for a great action movie.

One scene though was POORLY edited. You see a character talking in the background of Bruce and then it went upclose to that character talking and the voice did not match at all. It was something that everyone could notice. Just thought I mention that. Also, I believe the unedit/director's cut dvd will have much more language in it. The movie had a PG-13 rating but I think some scenes had language edits. But I am not a 100% sure that it was and there is a chance it could be my imagination.

But I recommend if you are in the mood for a killer action movie you go see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 2:24 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
Saw Live Free or Die Hard yesterday.

I have not seen any of the older Die Hard movies so I won't go "there". I thought it was the best action movie so far this year. Better than Spiderman 3 thats for sure. The action was pretty intensive and the plot worked, even though it was a little "out-there". Still it made for a great action movie.

One scene though was POORLY edited. You see a character talking in the background of Bruce and then it went upclose to that character talking and the voice did not match at all. It was something that everyone could notice. Just thought I mention that. Also, I believe the unedit/director's cut dvd will have much more language in it. The movie had a PG-13 rating but I think some scenes had language edits. But I am not a 100% sure that it was and there is a chance it could be my imagination.

But I recommend if you are in the mood for a killer action movie you go see it.

Yeah I was pretty surprised about Live Free or Die Hard. Definitely the best Die Hard movie since the original. Obviously it's still cartoony and over the top (especially the sequence with the truck and the F-35 lol) but still a lot of fun regardless. It's good to see that Bruce Willis still has it in him to do a film like this.

Also I wish Transformers was released here already, like it is in some other places, but I have to wait till Wednesday to see it. And yes, I' REALLY looking forward to seeing this movie, even if I hate the fact that they made them look like Insects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 5:21 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
I think the real stars in Transformers are Optimus Prime and Megatron,not any human actors.Some human characters need better roles.Fighting scenes between robots are awesome.

I just give 7.5 out of 10 ratings.

Off-topic:

Transformers have the best merchandize in film industry ever.Most fans flock nearest shopping centers to find Optimus Prime and Megatron toys.In my country,most Transformers toys were sold-out after its movie released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 1:34 am 

spazmaster666 wrote:
Yeah I was pretty surprised about Live Free or Die Hard. Definitely the best Die Hard movie since the original. Obviously it's still cartoony and over the top (especially the sequence with the truck and the F-35 lol) but still a lot of fun regardless.

Yeah, a couple of scenes were over the top but it worked I guess.

I really want to see Transformers and I am looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie even though it won't touch the book in terms of being amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 6:52 pm 

Live Free or Die Hard was better than the first one. I'd give that one 8 stars out of 10, maybe even 9. 8)

Also saw Ratatouille. The film was done by the same writer-director of "The Incredibles."
This was better. With the highly noted exception of "Spirited Away," I'd have to say this was the best animated film I've seen since Toy Story. :D See it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 7:16 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Quite a ringing endorsement for Die Hard and Ratatouille, both of which I still need to see! Well, those and Transformers, but Transformers a little less since I was more a fan of Beast Wars 8) I want huge beasts, not trucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 10:34 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Quite a ringing endorsement for Die Hard and Ratatouille, both of which I still need to see!

I dunno if I'm going to see either Die Hard or Ratatoulle. Haven't really followed the Die Hard series. Dunno if it really matters that much, I'd just prefer to watch the other ones all the way through first. As far as Ratatoulle... generally I don't have that much interest in CGI films.

Acmurphy wrote:
Well, those and Transformers, but Transformers a little less since I was more a fan of Beast Wars 8) I want huge beasts, not trucks!

If your preference is to Beast Wars, then so be it. It was a good series. But give Prime and Ironhide a chance first, please. When I saw the movie yesterday I ended up feeling the designs were exactly what they should have been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 12:57 am 

Saw Transformers. WOW!

I am a fan of Transformers and I really loved the movie. The comedy and action worked well and the designs of the Transformers were incredible. If you were a gearhead you can pick out car parts in the arms and legs of all the transformers. Something that was very nice.

The action was good with the exception of a couple of scenes that were focused too fast and too close to the action. And sometimes you wondered who was the good guys and who were the bad guys in a fight. That only happened to me once though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 3:04 am 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
And sometimes you wondered who was the good guys and who were the bad guys in a fight. That only happened to me once though.

When did you get confused? I didn't have any trouble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 57  Next