Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently March 27th, 2017, 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
 Post subject: Re: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: September 25th, 2011, 4:36 am 

Saw so many movies ha..but as in recent I have seen...

Your Highness:enjoyed this one but its very foul-mouthed and perverted...the stupid kind of funny movie...not something to watch with the family...but with just friends its enjoyable at least the first time ha...

X-Men:First Class (I think it was called):now this movie was great...going before the current X-Men trilogy showing showing how they were first formed and Magneto's and Professor X's friendship...I especially loved the music every time Magneto was having his way...like his theme song..
And always nice to see new mutants...

Paul:Also funny but tedious at some moments...and they sure hit hard on religion making sure we get in our head that evolution is the correct way and not God ha...still it has a likeable cast and a smoking alien...so it was also enjoyable..

And well seen so many..I just remembered those at the moment...

PostPosted: September 25th, 2011, 9:22 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Hey Fresno! Long time, no see! How you've been, dude? :)

As for the topic...
Fresnokila wrote:
X-Men:First Class (I think it was called):now this movie was great...going before the current X-Men trilogy showing showing how they were first formed and Magneto's and Professor X's friendship...I especially loved the music every time Magneto was having his way...like his theme song..
And always nice to see new mutants...

I agree. I thought it was the best X-Men movie I've seen, so much better than the travesty known as X-Men Origins: Wolverine. *prepares anti-PfrSnapesAngel shield* Just everything about it was terrific and I would argue that it has to be one of the greatest comic book movies of all time.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2011, 8:21 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
*prepares anti-PfrSnapesAngel shield*

Not necessary, I think she's far out of shooting range.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2011, 8:51 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
*prepares anti-PfrSnapesAngel shield*

Not necessary, I think she's far out of shooting range.

That's true. But still there's no way telling how she's gonna react to me for not keeping in touch with her for 1 1/2 years... :(

PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 11:48 pm 
Major Contributor

Here's what I've watched recently.

Hanna(2011): Great action flick. It's like the Jason Bourne series, but with an ass-kicking German girl instead. Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett were also great in it. The movie's got a weird but yet groovy techno-like soundtrack that fits along with the tone.

How to Train Your Dragon(2010): Best dragon-themed movie I've seen so far (hence my current avatar).

The Unearthly(1957): The MST3K version to be precise. This turkey here was written by Ed Wood and, you guessed it, it's pretty bad. But Joel and the Bots' riffing still make it fun to watch and the Tor Johnson sketch was really funny too.

Gone With the Wind(1939): I've need to see this movie all the way through because it's considered one of the greatest American films of all time (along with Citizen Kane, Casablanca, and The Godfather) and now I'm glad I have. I thought it was pretty good for its time, but it hasn't aged too well IMHO. While I did find Clark Gable and Thomas Mitchell's performances to be superb, I absolutely can't stand Scarlett O'Hara (Vivien Leigh) at all. Then again, the character was supposed to be despised since she's a total bitch, so go figure! And the portrayal of slavery was mostly ideal rather than being a huge issue, which I found that to be racist. Other than that, I was kinda glad that I watched it. It's nothing that I want to see again though.

And here's a list of movies I'm going to watch soon:
The Searchers(1956)
The Bedford Incident(1965)
Capricorn One(1977)
Das Boot(1981)
And many old horror movies in honor of Halloween! :twisted:

PostPosted: October 12th, 2011, 10:38 am 

Yeah Hanna was good though it kind of ended abruptly..I would have liked to see what she did afterwards and that traveling family she met...
And How to Train Your Dragon is one of those movies you can watch again and again and still enjoy it...

As for me I saw Mr. Popper's Penguins and enjoyed it a lot..hell I saw it with 2 other grown men..ha in their 30's and despite how its a family movie...its enjoyable for anyone...Jim Carrey still makes me laugh despite how you can see in HD he is old as hell ha...

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 2:14 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
Das Boot(1981)

It can only be satisfyingly enjoyed in its German original.
Subtitles are available for sure.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 8:20 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
Das Boot(1981)

It can only be satisfyingly enjoyed in its German original.
Subtitles are available for sure.

Oh, without a doubt. That's how I watch any foreign movies and English dubs never do any justice at all. Speaking of Das Boot, I watched it last night and enjoyed it immensely. Probably one of the best military films I have ever seen in my life and it heightened my interest in German cinema to an extent.

Edit: Here's a little list of the movies I've watched recently. I'll edit this post sometime tomorrow(hooray for laziness!).

-The Searchers
-Capricorn One
-Frankenstein
-Bride of Frankenstein
-Son of Frankenstein
-King Kong
-Creature From the Black Lagoon
-The ending of King Kong vs. Godzilla
-Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings
-A whole bunch of MST3K episodes that I couldn't keep count.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2012, 6:00 am 

I just saw Audition which was so-so...the movie felt so long and I actually expected more out of the torture scene...in all I really never found it disturbing except maybe for one scene of somebody licking vomit...still it just looked like milk...
Maybe I expected too much out of it since I heard about it a lot when searching for japanese live-action movies...now that I finally saw it...pfft...just one of those movies you watch once and never think about again...

And before that I saw IP Man 2 and its been long since I've seen a chinese karate movie...I remember having seen the first one so I wanted to check this one out too and enjoyed it despite how they made an american boxer look invincible somehow...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57