Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My way of getting every Eng-trans ero-doujin from any artist
PostPosted: May 24th, 2011, 6:15 pm 
Post Master

It's painstakingly time-consuming, it's brutally tedious, but it's the only effective way I know to find every single English translated doujinshi from specific artists. Here's the process:

1. Search the mangaka on Baka-Updates (top-right search box, then look in "Other Site Sections" after searching) and find then keep any alternate names in mind because you're going to use all of them in every other step.

2. Search the mangaka on BakaBT (on-site search disabled for non-members, don't become a member because it has a ratio requirement) using google and Fakku.net to see if you can get any convenient, highest quality downloads.

3. Search the mangaka on ExHentai. Keep in mind that anything that doesn't have English implied in the title is almost guaranteed to not be in English. There are several ways to download from here, or none depending on the situation. Most doujinshi have torrents attached, but many aren't seeded. If it's short, you can opt to download every image manually from the gallery. Their direct download service is governed by contribution and donations, so that's not really an option.

4. If you find something but can't download it in steps 2 and 3, search the title in FilesTube and look for it on a direct download hosting site. That always works for me. Or, you can search the mangaka on Baka-Updates again, and look in the releases section. Here you'll see the groups that have scanlated chapters or volumes of doujinshi. Find the group's website and search for the mangaka or doujin there.

Still alive? Good. You now have everything from your favorite mangaka. If anyone has suggestions for finding stuff easier, cheers to you. Using only one of any of these steps isn't reliable at all.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 27th, 2012, 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My way of getting every Eng-trans doujin from any artist
PostPosted: May 29th, 2011, 9:06 am 
Resident Scholar

That must be time-consuming indeed.
Learning Japanese is still an option, you're young and intelligent enough.
Besides, any translation of Hentai Dôjinshi into English inevitably leads to a vulgarization of the dialogues which I have come to find gruesome and contextually unfitting in most cases.

Post subject: Re: My way of getting every Eng-trans doujin from any artist
PostPosted: May 29th, 2011, 7:48 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
That must be time-consuming indeed.

It probably takes around 30 minutes per artist on average. Then there are some like Nekomata Naomi who cause me to burst in a fit of rage because it takes over 2 hours. I intend to make a "favorite doujinshi artist" thread once I've gone through some of the stuff I've downloaded.

42317 wrote:
Learning Japanese is still an option, you're young and intelligent enough.
Besides, any translation of Hentai Dôjinshi into English inevitably leads to a vulgarization of the dialogues which I have come to find gruesome and contextually unfitting in most cases.

As much as I'd like to call myself bilingual, I'm not very easily motivated. I don't mind most English translations as long as it's not in horrible English.