Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Girl's Next Door
PostPosted: August 5th, 2008, 7:59 am 
Resident Scholar

So... this is the work that I wanted to post months ago but it wasn't meant to happen so someone else took the credit for translating it. So apart from the pun on page 5 I haven't done anything here. After comparing original and translation I'd say he did a really good job. It's not just a more or less fitting but made up text filled into the bubbles, which is also not rare, and since some of the remarks on the first two or three pages were rather tricky (due to juvenile slang which isn't exactly taught in Japanese class) I couldn't have done it any better.

Except for that pun, I am not that humble. 8)
You see, Yuki asks Aoi to go to town with her and Aoi eventually says "ikussu". That is a fine example of juvenile slang, which, in "normal" Japanese, would be written "iku no desu", which in turn would have to be translated like "I will definitely go!". But she didn't say it formally, she used a colloquial form, to I took the freedom and translated it into a colloquial form of English that still meets the original meaning, and suits the fact that we're looking at a Yuri Hentai Manga. In fact I got a little carried away and made Yuki's question in that same frame ambiguous, too. I'm just a little sad the frame was a bit too small to add "... with me?" :mrgreen:

Well, here comes "Love Sick", a highschool Yuri story that I liked very much because I find it so cute.
As one can see, this is the second chapter of a greater work called "Girl's next Door", and I would really like to find out what more there is to see. So if you happen to stumble across more works by Mihoto Kouji, feel free to inform me.

Love Sick 01/16
Love Sick 02/16
Love Sick 03/16
Love Sick 04/16
Love Sick 05/16
Love Sick 06/16
Love Sick 07/16
Love Sick 08/16
Love Sick 09/16
Love Sick 10/16
Love Sick 11/16
Love Sick 12/16
Love Sick 13/16
Love Sick 14/16
Love Sick 15/16
Love Sick 16/16

I would like to add that if this was a western publication I'd actually say that Aoi should make up for that initial lie she told, but since it's Japanese I have to show a certain understanding and keep quiet. Japanese will tell you little white lies anytime in friendly conversation if they believe that what they say makes you feel better.

Post subject: Re: Girl's Next Door
PostPosted: August 30th, 2008, 10:57 pm 

I read this recently and I must say I find it healthy. After so many Yuri-like thingies where the so-to-say-loving couples just stare at each other with sparkling eyes, i've seen lovely that a girl really takes the initiative.

The drawing style is remarkable, as well. The author finds a very attractive point of realism and refuses to use the most typical ressources of shonen.

Pity that this is confined into a "Hentai Dojinshi" production, not being able to be transported into mainstream...

PostPosted: August 31st, 2008, 6:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

Bloodfairy wrote:
Pity that this is confined into a "Hentai Dojinshi" production, not being able to be transported into mainstream...

You could easily cut out the sex and instead just hint at it. It would still be a good Yuri romance story, suitable for "normal" (and liberal) Manga shelves.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2009, 12:27 am 
Newcomer

This is a wonderful softcore h-anime!!!! :d^_^b:

If anybody's wondering, I just discovered the DUAL AUDIO version of this classic:

[Removed, violates rule 6 - ACM]

It's UNCENSORED also!

I personally think the English version is BETTER than the original Japanese version!

Check it out, dudes! :d^_^b:

PostPosted: October 7th, 2009, 8:41 am 
Resident Scholar

SoBor911 wrote:
If anybody's wondering, I just discovered the DUAL AUDIO version of this classic:

It's UNCENSORED also!
I personally think the English version is BETTER than the original Japanese version!

Uh, guy... you either have not seen the Anime you're offering or you never bothered taking a look at the scanlations. I suspect the latter.
This Hentai Manga is called "Girl's next Door" and is purely Yuri.
That Anime of yours is not bad at all, I'll write a few lines about it later, but has nothing to do with it.
"(The) Girl next Door" is only a rough translation of "Tonari no o-Nee-san", and not the original title.
Last but not least what I downloaded was not dual audio. It was Japanese with Russian subs, with no whatsoever choice of sound or subtitles.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2009, 9:36 am 
Newcomer

42317 wrote:
SoBor911 wrote:
It's UNCENSORED also!

Uh, guy... you either have not seen the Anime you're offering or you never bothered taking a look at the scanlations. I suspect the latter.
This Hentai Manga is called "Girl's next Door" and is purely Yuri.
That Anime of yours is not bad at all, I'll write a few lines about it later, but has nothing to do with it.
"(The) Girl next Door" is only a rough translation of "Tonari no o-Nee-san", and not the original title.
Last but not least what I downloaded was not dual audio. It was Japanese with Russian subs, with no whatsoever choice of sound or subtitles.

I am EXTREMELY SORRY about that. :sweat:

I guess I did not bother reading properly.

Here's the Real Download in:
http://animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1024 section

Some idiot fooled me on the previous post! :x
My deepest apologies again! :0:-):

PostPosted: October 21st, 2009, 12:44 pm 
Resident Scholar

SoBor911 wrote:
I am EXTREMELY SORRY about that. :sweat:
I guess I did not bother reading properly.
Here's the Real Download in:
http://animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1024 section
Some idiot fooled me on the previous post! :x
My deepest apologies again! :0:-):

Okay, okay... you don't have to throw yourself into the dust you know... :sweat:
I admit I was suspecting you of being a sort of hit-and-run poster, writing a few rather meaningless lines, some of whom advertise Hentai websites for commercial reasons or who offer Hentai downloads just for show-off.
Let's say I'm glad I was wrong, reasonable comments are always welcome.