Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: December 31st, 2009, 5:40 pm 

Libertista wrote:
You gotta get the Eye of the Tiger back. Or something.

:lol2:
I quite agree.

Acmurphy wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
I agree! I think we'll do something, but at this point it will be less of a "build the business" game and more of a "get something done and get some money back" game...

How do you think your sales will be without the H-scenes though? Without them you have a much larger market to tackle, but you may lose the main hook you had to get people interested in playing it :(

Most assuredly you are correct. We'd probably release the PG version for the iPhone which doesn't like dodgy content and just try to make back some of our money with a PC version. At least the code is solid and complete.

Acmurphy wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
We probably could get the art we want done quickly if we are willing to have really different artwork for the scenes (especially the 'H' ones), but so far, we are not so desperate to lower our ideals.

I agree with you there, don't want to lower your standards and put out something that people won't like because it doesn't like up to their expectations, especially if you plan to make it more of a business than a one and done situation.

Of course, standards become harder to adhere to when one is desperate or fed up. Fortunately, no one is in that situation... yet. :sweat:

Acmurphy wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
Thank you! Fortunately, my wife has a job with health insurance which is the chief concern. I have been doing occasional consulting gigs, but not enough to really offer assurance of long-term security... The job market here is quite miserable for marketing, so I'm looking at getting my teaching credentials (that's probably a topic for another thread :)).

Job market everywhere doesn't seem too hot either. At least your wife has a job so you can be the stay at home dad :d^_^b: Would you teach marketing or would you pursue a different subject?

Stay at home dad is awesome!! Too bad I can't get paid for it. :P2:

As for teaching, I'll go back to my first love- math. I originally got a degree in Electrical Engineering but went into marketing because I graduated during the aerospace slump in 1991- I've really got to time my unemployment better! :x Manage to hit two of the worst three recessions without a job...

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!