Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: December 28th, 2008, 8:04 pm 

Time marches on and so do the delays in production. Depressingly, I had to adjust my signature to say the game will be available in 2009, not 2008. :mad2: Plus now, I'm having problems uploading images to our website and have to ask our busy producer to do a little trouble shooting since he set it up. I'd rather he concentrate on finishing the game!

It's a wierd production. We continue to have delivery of components, yet we always seem to have a hole here or there that prevents even the demo from being completed. I suspect, that one day, out of the blue, I'll get a call- it's done, you better sell it! Naturally, I'll have no notice whatsoever. :roll:

Oh well. Such is life, eh? I'm working hard to make sure my next update will be 99% less complaining and infinitely more progress!
Happy New Year everyone!

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 12:49 am 

Woohoo! The demo is in sight! ...Well, it's not the game yet, but the demo is a huge step. The producer will be working on the opening video for a couple of weeks and maybe I'll have something to post for everyone to check out in three-four weeks. It's funny how something so little can get me excited... :mrgreen: It has been too many delays and not enough stuff to report. :evil:

Apparently, we'll have a bit more movement than other games do in the dialog sequences so we'll see how people respond to that. I have an old computer (no 3D shading support on my graphics card), that I can't check it out for myself. :cry: Hopefully that won't be a problem for too many people.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 3:46 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PunkDaddy wrote:
Woohoo! The demo is in sight! ...Well, it's not the game yet, but the demo is a huge step. The producer will be working on the opening video for a couple of weeks and maybe I'll have something to post for everyone to check out in three-four weeks. It's funny how something so little can get me excited... :mrgreen: It has been too many delays and not enough stuff to report. :evil:

Hip Hip Hooray! Glad things are moving a bit closer to completion, it had been a while since an update (especially one on the CPC site). How're you looking at doing the opening sequence? Is it going to be done in 3D animation or something with actual drawings set in motion?

Looking forward to seeing a demo!

PunkDaddy wrote:
Apparently, we'll have a bit more movement than other games do in the dialog sequences so we'll see how people respond to that. I have an old computer (no 3D shading support on my graphics card), that I can't check it out for myself. :cry: Hopefully that won't be a problem for too many people.

More movement is always good in these typically static image games. Makes it feel a bit more interactive when characters actually have movement. I don't imagine the 3D shading will be a problem for too many people nowadays, especially with how technologically advanced the anime crowd is compared to the population at large.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 2:02 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

Hip Hip Hooray! Glad things are moving a bit closer to completion, it had been a while since an update (especially one on the CPC site). How're you looking at doing the opening sequence? Is it going to be done in 3D animation or something with actual drawings set in motion?

Looking forward to seeing a demo!

Yeah, I have some artwork and text to upload to the CPC site, but I've been holding off so I can build momentum for the game close to its release... The opening sequence will feature 2D art from the game and be done in Premiere. A bit like a massive animated .gif file I suppose. The producer swears it will look cool, so I will just have to have faith in him.

Acmurphy wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

More movement is always good in these typically static image games. Makes it feel a bit more interactive when characters actually have movement. I don't imagine the 3D shading will be a problem for too many people nowadays, especially with how technologically advanced the anime crowd is compared to the population at large.

:oops: Yeah, sometimes being the anti-consumer bites me in the @$$... but not the wallet! :)

PostPosted: March 12th, 2009, 9:55 pm 

One thing is clear: if Princess Code is a success, which I can only hope for, you'll be hiring more people ASAP with the profit.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2009, 1:56 pm 

Bloodfairy wrote:
One thing is clear: if Princess Code is a success, which I can only hope for, you'll be hiring more people ASAP with the profit.

Gambarremas! We strive to make this our new careers and we'll need help if it works. Of course, I need the first bloody game first! :gatsu:

PostPosted: May 30th, 2009, 4:21 pm 
Resident Admin

Well PunkDaddy, how's the production coming? Been near a couple months now since the last update so hopefully things are still progressing. Even if they are a tad slow :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 31st, 2009, 2:37 am 

:sweat: Still crawling forward... It is so frustrating to be so close to release and yet unfinished.
I did get some new art and updated our website a bit, but I'm holding off on marketing the game while I wait for a firm street date.

On the brighter side, we were approved as an iPhone Apps developer! :d^_^b:
Looks like we'll see if Apple will approve a PG version for the iPhone. Of course, we still need to finish the damn game!! :mad2:

I've been avoiding the subject with the producer since he's having issues at work and I didn't want to stress him out even more, but after two months I risk seeming like I don't care. We are experiencing the classic issues of trying to start a company after work hours- not enough time, not a high enough priority when the day-job (and life) slams into a wall... :sigh:

Thank you for asking though!

PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 7:44 pm 

Ever hear the phrase "No news is good news..."? In our case I assure you it is a lie!

:sigh:

As one could easily guess, our game is on hold. Meeting with the producers in a week or two to see what can be salvaged. We are having art problems that threaten to permanently shutter the project so we're pretty frustrated. We have the puzzle part finished and the code written for the interactive narrative parts, so perhaps we'll release a non-h version (assuming we have enough art for that) or a puzzle game. That makes it far less relevant to this part of the discussion boards!

I probably have to change my .sig file, but I'm still hoping for a miracle. At least my odds are about the same as winning a lottery!
:P2:

In the meantime, I took a new day job and already got laid off. At least now I have more time to poke my head into the discussion boards every once and a while! :)

PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 8:48 pm 
Resident Scholar

Oh, that does sound ugly... for that kinda game it's surely disastrous to lack artwork (or someone to work on the art).
Well, maybe, even without the loot you can at least reap the experience points? :sweat:
You have my best wishes.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 12:41 am 

42317 wrote:
Well, maybe, even without the loot you can at least reap the experience points? :sweat:

:lol2:

If only I could cash in the experience points to feed my kids! I seem to have a lot more experience points than loot so I definitely need to adjust my strategies. 8)

PostPosted: November 28th, 2009, 4:53 am 
Resident Admin

Well that's quite sad to hear PunkDaddy. You'd been working on it for a while now, it would be a shame if you can't get something out of it. Is it not possible to replace the artist or would he/she have to redo all the artwork if you did that to keep the style uniform? Or are there other problems as well that are keeping you from finishing?

And I wish you luck with the job search! I can only imagine how tough that must be with a family to take care of.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 2:32 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
Well that's quite sad to hear PunkDaddy. You'd been working on it for a while now, it would be a shame if you can't get something out of it.

I agree! I think we'll do something, but at this point it will be less of a "build the business" game and more of a "get something done and get some money back" game...

Acmurphy wrote:
Is it not possible to replace the artist or would he/she have to redo all the artwork if you did that to keep the style uniform? Or are there other problems as well that are keeping you from finishing?

So far, our attempt to have a different art style is biting us in the butt since it makes it quite different to find someone who can keep the artwork uniform. Since the artist was also a personal friend of our producer, I'm sure there's also a desire to offer third (or are we on 8th?) chances to finish the project. From my understanding, the problem is purely artwork. And quality control. We probably could get the art we want done quickly if we are willing to have really different artwork for the scenes (especially the 'H' ones), but so far, we are not so desperate to lower our ideals.

Acmurphy wrote:
And I wish you luck with the job search! I can only imagine how tough that must be with a family to take care of.

Thank you! Fortunately, my wife has a job with health insurance which is the chief concern. I have been doing occasional consulting gigs, but not enough to really offer assurance of long-term security... The job market here is quite miserable for marketing, so I'm looking at getting my teaching credentials (that's probably a topic for another thread :)).

PostPosted: November 29th, 2009, 7:45 am 
Lurker

You gotta get the Eye of the Tiger back. Or something.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2009, 12:43 am 
Resident Admin

PunkDaddy wrote:
I agree! I think we'll do something, but at this point it will be less of a "build the business" game and more of a "get something done and get some money back" game...

How do you think your sales will be without the H-scenes though? Without them you have a much larger market to tackle, but you may lose the main hook you had to get people interested in playing it :(

PunkDaddy wrote:
We probably could get the art we want done quickly if we are willing to have really different artwork for the scenes (especially the 'H' ones), but so far, we are not so desperate to lower our ideals.

I agree with you there, don't want to lower your standards and put out something that people won't like because it doesn't like up to their expectations, especially if you plan to make it more of a business than a one and done situation.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Thank you! Fortunately, my wife has a job with health insurance which is the chief concern. I have been doing occasional consulting gigs, but not enough to really offer assurance of long-term security... The job market here is quite miserable for marketing, so I'm looking at getting my teaching credentials (that's probably a topic for another thread :)).

Job market everywhere doesn't seem too hot either. At least your wife has a job so you can be the stay at home dad :d^_^b: Would you teach marketing or would you pursue a different subject?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next