Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 10:05 pm


All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 21st, 2008, 6:57 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Bloodfairy wrote:
Ed seems nothing at all like I would have pictured him

He looks like Koizumi from "Suzumiya Haruhi", somehow.
Besides, two things are apparent:
1. In the Japanese games, the male protagonist has no face (at least according to my experience), so that the player can more easily identify with him.
2. All the protagonists in the H-games look good. I mean, which Otaku with "a bad diet and sedentary habits" wants to play a character that reminds him of reality? :D

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 6:43 am 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2008, 12:06 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Spain
42317 wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:
Ed seems nothing at all like I would have pictured him

He looks like Koizumi from "Suzumiya Haruhi", somehow.
Besides, two things are apparent:
1. In the Japanese games, the male protagonist has no face (at least according to my experience), so that the player can more easily identify with him.
2. All the protagonists in the H-games look good. I mean, which Otaku with "a bad diet and sedentary habits" wants to play a character that reminds him of reality? :D

I believe there is a compromise between an Otaku and a perfect shojo-man... Someone like you, 43217 (the fact that you have your face as your avy has inspired me).

I hope you don't consider this next thing as demeaning or insulting in any way.

You seem a normal person who has a strong potential to be sexually appealing, but who never has exercised such capacities. I'm sure that a character like you would be a good prot for a Harem/Bishojo piece.

And aside of that, it'd be good for many otakus to see someone who ressembles them, who has their ideology and who lives problems of the day just like they would... and who gives them a message of hope in form of a Bishoujo game ("if you take it seriously, you can be as attractive as an official hottie"). If a game can help them to accept themselves, I welcome that game.

I hope PunkDaddy won't pay attention to anything of those, or they'll rip his head off xD

_________________
Image


Last edited by Bloodfairy on October 22nd, 2008, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 8:37 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Bloodfairy wrote:
I believe there is a compromise between an Otaku and a perfect shojo-man... Someone like you, 43217 (the fact that you have your face as your avy has inspired me).
I hope you don't consider this next thing as demeaning or insulting in any way.

Oh, I feel pretty honored. :lol2:

Bloodfairy wrote:
You seem a normal person who has a strong potential to be sexually appealing, but who never has exercised such capacities.

Well, there are things that interest me more than physical encounters, actually.
I value intelligent conversation higher, for example.

Bloodfairy wrote:
I'm sure that a character like you would be a good prot for a Harem/Bishojo piece.

This I gotta tell my girlfriend... she's gonna laugh her butt off. :mrgreen:

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 12:25 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: May 26th, 2008, 12:53 am
Posts: 283
Location: SoCal
Quite an interesting comment and digression! I agree with Bloodfairy about both the potential appeal of such a character and the fact it could easily be based off of 42317. There's nothing I can do about this game since we are already 5 months behind schedule so I don't want to mess it up anymore. :roll: HOWEVER, this type of feedback is interesting and I will be sure to pass it on!

42317, I do want to know if your girlfriend laughs her head off though. :D

_________________
= = = PunkDaddy - Beatin' the Brats for over 10 years! = = =
aiAnimals-Puppy Puzzler

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2008, 5:51 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
PunkDaddy wrote:
I agree with Bloodfairy about both the potential appeal of such a character and the fact it could easily be based off of 42317.

:blink:
Maybe I'm too strict with my constant evaluation of my personality.
Woman usually like my ability to listen and give advice, that's true.
And they value me as a furniture mover... :D
Still I feel more like "the trustful sidekick" at times, although I don't know who the protagonist may be.
In one case I got to know a girl via internet, six years ago, she was 15 at the time, and an avid drawer. Shortly after she had turned 18 (about two years before graduation) her father approached her and said she should put that kids' stuff aside and concentrate on more earnest things. Maybe he wanted her to study business administration or law or something, I dunno, but I can imagine he had something like that in mind. This approach turned into an emotional argument, as she told me. So after she had gone to her room she wrote me a message, asking me what to do.
I wrote much, like I usually do, giving pros and cons, but in the end I concluded that if she gave up drawing completely she would regret it for the rest of her life. Her father would surely be content as long as her marks were good. Half a year later she won 3rd prize at the newly created comic contest of the Leipzig Book Fair, granting her a full work in an official publication. And two years later she graduated with honors from her highschool and enrolled at the University of Applied Sciences Salzburg (Austria), majoring in Multi Media Art.

PunkDaddy wrote:
42317, I do want to know if your girlfriend laughs her head off though.

Well, it wasn't quite as loud and long as I had anticipated, but she was very amused. :D

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 10:18 am 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2008, 12:06 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Spain
In fact, I0m thinking a bit of the manga Densha ôtoko (Train man), which I'm sure you're familiar with. It's somehow pitiful that
Spoiler
the male protagonist gives up his whole collection of manga, anime and stuff, ceasing to be a real otaku
(¿should I use spoiler for something that actually happened :?: ), yet his change of attitude, of mood, his decisive actions, give a message that should not be overviewed by a game with some more scope than the usual stuff.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 12:31 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: May 26th, 2008, 12:53 am
Posts: 283
Location: SoCal
42317 wrote:
Maybe I'm too strict with my constant evaluation of my personality.


Well, I do believe the one hardest on ourselves should be ourselves. Your humility is charming too. :)

42317 wrote:
Woman usually like my ability to listen and give advice, that's true.
And they value me as a furniture mover... :D
Still I feel more like "the trustful sidekick" at times, although I don't know who the protagonist may be.

:lol: :lol: I also have been the moving man! Although I did meet a girlfriend that way and we were quite serious for a long time.
Even if you are the trusty sidekick, that just means someone can count on you to be the hero if they need it, but you are not walking all over them to be their hero. I think it is a far superior role!! 8)

42317 wrote:
In one case I got to know a girl via internet,

. . .

Half a year later she won 3rd prize at the newly created comic contest of the Leipzig Book Fair, granting her a full work in an official publication. And two years later she graduated with honors from her highschool and enrolled at the University of Applied Sciences Salzburg (Austria), majoring in Multi Media Art.


Cool! A "king-maker"! It is wonderful that your advice helped someone so distinctly. It is a rare opportunity to positively influence someone's life and one too easily overlooked and too often ignored.

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
42317, I do want to know if your girlfriend laughs her head off though.

Well, it wasn't quite as loud and long as I had anticipated, but she was very amused. :D


I'm sure it was a little weird that two people you've only exchanged text with over fiber-optics agreed that you would be a good, um... porn-star, from a little picture and your words! :mrgreen:

Bloodfairy wrote:
In fact, I0m thinking a bit of the manga Densha ôtoko (Train man),


I see. Since the writer is a HUGE fan of the series (perhaps he identifies too much? :twisted: ) he'll probably really like the idea, but he may not feel comfortable since it strikes too close to home. Still, one should write what one knows, eh? Again, I'll pass the idea along. Maybe it clashes a little bit with our idea to maybe do a Yuri-themed game next? Maybe not. I think it may be trickier to draw a physically appealing geek-girl simply because we are so surrounded by geek-guy examples.

That's one problem with great ideas. They come a little bit faster than the ability to realize them... :sigh:

_________________
= = = PunkDaddy - Beatin' the Brats for over 10 years! = = =
aiAnimals-Puppy Puzzler

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 8:12 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Bloodfairy wrote:
In fact, I0m thinking a bit of the manga Densha ôtoko

The difference being that I'm not a meek, half-towel-like guy who's embarrassed just being noticed.
Apart from that, the Densha Otoko wouldn't be your typical Bishôjo Game Hero. Those protagonists are usually rather extrovert people, and the Train Guy is... meek.
Understated.
Unobstrusive.
Unremarkable.
Low-key.
I can throw a hundredweight at you if you ask for it. :lol:

Yes, yes, of yourse you are talking about spiritual qualities.
Thank you. :wink:

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 3:26 am 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: May 26th, 2008, 12:53 am
Posts: 283
Location: SoCal
We continue to get more art, but the deadline continues to slip. :roll:

However, thanks to Bloodfairy, I now have most of the site also available in Spanish!
I should have more art available soon as well. Perhaps I will start a separate thread to seek feedback on it?

_________________
= = = PunkDaddy - Beatin' the Brats for over 10 years! = = =
aiAnimals-Puppy Puzzler

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 14th, 2008, 8:13 am 
Offline
Resident Admin
User avatar

Joined: March 11th, 2007, 11:19 am
Posts: 2452
Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PunkDaddy wrote:
We continue to get more art, but the deadline continues to slip. :roll:

Well, at least things are still going :)

PunkDaddy wrote:
However, thanks to Bloodfairy, I now have most of the site also available in Spanish!

Nice work Bloodfairy! Hopefully you'll be able to find a market for Princess Code in Spanish speaking countries.

PunkDaddy wrote:
I should have more art available soon as well. Perhaps I will start a separate thread to seek feedback on it?

You could either put it here or in the art section. Whichever is fine.

_________________
Animetric Owner and Reviewer | My Anime List
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 15th, 2008, 3:56 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Acmurphy wrote:
Nice work Bloodfairy! Hopefully you'll be able to find a market for Princess Code in Spanish speaking countries.

Sex sells. It doesn't matter what language you say "Oh, I'm coming!" in. :lol:

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 15th, 2008, 6:10 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: July 5th, 2008, 12:06 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Spain
42317 wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
Nice work Bloodfairy! Hopefully you'll be able to find a market for Princess Code in Spanish speaking countries.

Sex sells. It doesn't matter what language you say "Oh, I'm coming!" in. :lol:

Ach ja... HINEIN! HINEIN! ICH WILL DEINE MUSCHI LECKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Image


Last edited by Bloodfairy on November 15th, 2008, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 15th, 2008, 6:35 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Bloodfairy wrote:
HINEIN! HINEIN! ICH WILL DEINE MUSCHI LECKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Image

(and that, uh, playful circumscription of the female private parts is a feminine noun, therefore "Deine...")

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 16th, 2008, 9:52 pm 
Offline
Resident Admin
User avatar

Joined: March 11th, 2007, 11:19 am
Posts: 2452
Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
Sex sells. It doesn't matter what language you say "Oh, I'm coming!" in. :lol:

Let's hope it works out that easily :mrgreen:

Bloodfairy wrote:
Ach ja... HINEIN! HINEIN! ICH WILL DEINE MUSCHI LECKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.o I can't decide if that's a sexual comment or if you're on the verge of ending someone :lol:

_________________
Animetric Owner and Reviewer | My Anime List
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Princess Code: Production Journal
PostPosted: November 19th, 2008, 7:03 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Acmurphy wrote:
Bloodfairy wrote:
Ach ja... HINEIN! HINEIN! (and so on...)

O.o I can't decide if that's a sexual comment or if you're on the verge of ending someone

I bet she just did this because she knew I'd be shocked. :roll:
Palm to the head.


Okay, I admit it was kinda funny... but still... :shock:

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group