Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Price vs. Value. How do you decide?
PostPosted: July 17th, 2008, 2:31 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
How goes the work on the game? Have you been making enough progress on it to get the game out by the, what was it, end of summer? Hopefully you haven't run into too many snags along the road over the past month and a half.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 11:52 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
How goes the work on the game? Have you been making enough progress on it to get the game out by the, what was it, end of summer? Hopefully you haven't run into too many snags along the road over the past month and a half.

Well, unfortunately, it is a typical production and we are still shooting for a fall 2008 release. We've progressed quickly with the coding, but we overestimated how quickly the artwork could be done, so we are significantly behind schedule. This is my 7th involvement with an animation or game project, and every freakin' time, the artwork runs late. For some reason, most artists can't seem to kick it into high gear without being behind schedule and you can't fool their 6th sense with a doctored schedule. If I ever figure it out, I will be the richest guy in the world! :D We are looking into finding a new background artist to help our current artist focus on getting the character artwork done. However, I'm told we might have a playable demo by this weekend or at the very least by the end of July so I can try and pitch it when I go on my family vacation to Japan (Whee! :D ). I've got my fingers crossed, but I'll take any additional luck you can throw at me!

If you want to take a peek, we have some character model sheets posted on our site for some of the main characters. Not to shill excessively, but we also have a running blog on the production on our website. I contribute a bit, but I have trouble getting my brain around the blog concept- especially since most of my blogs would be "waiting for something to show, waiting for something to sell"... :oops: The last thing the other folk in the company needs is to be reminded we are behind schedule. :shifty: So far the main poster is our producer.

Thank you for asking!

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 4:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
we have some character model sheets posted on our site

That Princess Liora looks so much like a typical Asakawa Yû role...
In case she's a bit more on the lively side you should call Yukino Satsuki. :D

My two cents about the rest:
Princess Elika - Horie Yui
Professor Seta - Kobayashi Yu... alternatively ask Yamaguchi Yuriko.

Or do you intend to do a silent game? :mrgreen:

(No, you probably intend to do a game in English...)

C'mon, make your game an own thread. :D

PostPosted: July 18th, 2008, 8:47 pm 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
we have some character model sheets posted on our site

That Princess Liora looks so much like a typical Asakawa Yû role...
In case she's a bit more on the lively side you should call Yukino Satsuki. :D

My two cents about the rest:
Princess Elika - Horie Yui
Professor Seta - Kobayashi Yu... alternatively ask Yamaguchi Yuriko.

Or do you intend to do a silent game? :mrgreen:

(No, you probably intend to do a game in English...)

:sigh: Boy, we'd love to have voice talent at all (let alone cool Japanese seiyu!). Unfortunately, this first effort will have no voices, just a music soundtrack. I guess it is a "silent game" in the tradition of the organist playing along with the silent film. You know, now I'm going to have to try and figure out who those actresses are. I'm terrible with names!

42317 wrote:
C'mon, make your game an own thread. :D

I certainly wouldn't mind and I could breathe a little life into the bishojo threads. However, I don't want to cross the line into spamming. Acmurphy, any suggestion how I can do this right?

PostPosted: July 19th, 2008, 9:31 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well at least it is still going, hopefully we'll get to try out that demo soon :)

PunkDaddy wrote:
I certainly wouldn't mind and I could breathe a little life into the bishojo threads. However, I don't want to cross the line into spamming. Acmurphy, any suggestion how I can do this right?

Go for it. This isn't really a thread related to the game, even though it kind of morphed into talking specifically about the production of the game, but not so much about the game specifics. So ya, make a thread for it!

PostPosted: July 20th, 2008, 6:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
You know, now I'm going to have to try and figure out who those actresses are. I'm terrible with names!

Okay...

Horie Yui
Asakawa Yû
Yukino Satsuki
Kobayashi Yu
Yamaguchi Yuriko

Sorry for not providing links in the first place.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2008, 4:14 pm 

Strangely enough, today I received an e-mail notice about a reply on this topic... Strange.
Of course, it is a bit pathetic that I haven't replied!

Horie Yui
Ah, the main character from Fruits Basket. She's pretty good, although I have difficulty imagining her doing the sex scenes. She seems too innocent of a character! But you probably are dead-on for what the producer has in mind. I personally like more unusual voices. :wink:

Yukino Satsuki
This is closer to what I have in my head for Elika's character. Of course I'm hearing Nenene from ROD The TV. Who do you hear? ;)
In my mind Liora is a volitile character so I hear Tsuru Hiromi, AKA: Madoka from KOR.

Asakawa Yû
Jura from Vandread. Hmm. That could really work! Since I'm old school (just old?), I imagine Shimamoto Sumi, but I never did get over my crush on Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku. I also prefer this character's model- I like brunettes.

Kobayashi Yu
Unfortunately, I haven't heard enough of her work to know what she sounds like. Seems like her biggest role was in Negima! and I wasn't particularly interested in that title...

Yamaguchi Yuriko
Lahrri from Battle Athletes Victory? Now this voice I know. I think it could really work, plus it really has an interesting quality to it. Looking at her resume, I see Urotsukidoji, so I'm confident she could pull of the sex scenes. :D

I have descriptions written for all of the characters, but I haven't posted them on the website because I'm trying to get more artwork. I don't want the same background for everyone and I only have one right now... You've managed to get pretty close just from the artwork! I'm wondering if any of the descriptions will surprise you... We'll have to see!

42317 wrote:
Sorry for not providing links in the first place.

No worries. I have google at my command as well, so please don't apologize. You simply allow me to be lazy. :D
I apologize for not responding earlier!

PostPosted: September 24th, 2008, 2:10 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
Horie Yui[/url]
(...) I have difficulty imagining her doing the sex scenes.
I personally like more unusual voices.

These voice-acresses are not impromptu-performers. They have been meticulously trained for an array of roles and situations. The Anime "Rec" gives you a little insight into Seiyû training, and there is a scanlated version of Hayashibara Megumi's bio-manga that gives some more information.
Keep in mind she did Dokuro-chan's voice on the "Bokusatsu Tenshi" Drama CD, a character that is sexually pretty straight forward.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Yukino Satsuki
(...) Of course I'm hearing Nenene from ROD The TV. Who do you hear?

I wasn't thinking of a particular role-sound. Character design usually tells the consumer/audience a lot about the person's attitudes, and Yukino Satsuki is usually a good choice for, uh, flamboyant (?), temperamentful characters, like Kaname Chidori or Higurashi Kagome - characters that would just have outbursts of anger and, very un-Japanese-like, speak their mind.

Which is to say, I'm not simply comparing the roles of your girls with roles in existing Anime. I have named these Seiyû because I recognize their technical skills, and not just the sound of their voices. I'm sure these young women can do pretty much everything in voice acting.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Asakawa YûJura from Vandread. Hmm. That could really work!

Oh yes... she has her part in "Aishimai"/"Immoral Sisters". Sweeeet...

PunkDaddy wrote:
Shimamoto Sumi

Well, she's almost as old as my father, but that's not the point. What were you saying about Horie Yui sounding too innocent for your type of characters (which is actually a selling point!)? Shimamoto Sumi is Nausicaä's voice! Putting her in a Hentai context would be considered a blasphemy by some. :D

PunkDaddy wrote:
Kobayashi Yu

She did very well in "Baccano!" (Nice Holystone).

PunkDaddy wrote:
Tsuru Hiromi

Good voice, at the beginning of the 60s voice generation. You might consider her Yukino's mother, in a professional sense.

PunkDaddy wrote:

Well, I figured you were busy. You're not doing this just for the fun of it but for making a living.
It's okay. Nothing was lost.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2008, 4:04 pm 

You are correct. True professionals could pull it off.

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
Asakawa YûJura from Vandread. Hmm. That could really work!

Oh yes... she has her part in "Aishimai"/"Immoral Sisters". Sweeeet...

I saw that credit, but haven't seen the show. With your comment, I'll have to bump it higher on my list. ;)

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
Shimamoto Sumi

Well, she's almost as old as my father, but that's not the point. What were you saying about Horie Yui sounding too innocent for your type of characters (which is actually a selling point!)? Shimamoto Sumi is Nausicaä's voice! Putting her in a Hentai context would be considered a blasphemy by some. :D

PunkDaddy wrote:
Tsuru Hiromi

Good voice, at the beginning of the 60s voice generation. You might consider her Yukino's mother, in a professional sense.

Damn this makes me feel old. However the nice thing about actresses is that they age much faster than their voices. You're right, the innocent sound would be a selling point. There's always an appeal to corrupting the innocent. As for putting Nausicaa in a Hentai contest, I'm sure we'd find a healty niche of supporters who have already written fanfics well beyond the H level of our humble game... :twisted:

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

Well, I figured you were busy. You're not doing this just for the fun of it but for making a living.
It's okay. Nothing was lost.

Busy yes, but unfortunately, I just forgot. Juggling too much lately.