Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shintaisô (Shin)
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 2:56 pm 
Resident Scholar

aka "Princess 69: Midnight Gymnastics"

After watching these two episodes, I could just go to bed. But not for selfcomfort or in order to try some new inspiration with my girlfriend but rather to sleep. "Shintaisô (Shin)" left me bored to tears.

Fubuki is a sort of brother of Miku's, whom we know from the first "Princess 69" OVA. She's suffering from some physical and mental weakness and with Tomomi's help - yes, the rich bitch - Fubiki enters Miku's girls highschool, joins the gymnastics club and wears sailor uniform and leotard to find out how to help his sister. In return, Tomomi asks Fubuki to convert his classmate Koyuki into an able performer of "Yami no Shintaisô" (actually "gymnastics of darkness", but for some more or less obvious reason they called it "Midnight Gymnastics").

Well, Fubuki is a nice guy and a whimp to begin with, so what follows are several scenes of consensual sex and two half-assed rape scenes that really lack vividness. Maybe the producers wanted to hide the harmlessness of their video behind the introduction of anal sex, but that's about it, mission failed. What remains is some decent material for leotard fetishists, which is then again degraded by the fact that there's one guy in such a suit who can hardly hide his private bulge.

The only plus that I can see is some insight into Tomomi's thinking and how lonely and bored she actually is, and that's it. The story is the same as in the first OVA, just with a different and somewhat sympathetic "coach" (BIG mistake!) and a ridiculously reduced set of girls to choose from (Miku, Tomomi, Koyuki). Graphics and animation are a lot weaker than in the prequel, and last but not least the voices seem to be not the same. Tomomi has a terrible voice imho.
It's a shame the old characters don't at least have some sort of cameo. I mean, Tomomi ist still in school, so where are the other girls that we already know? I presume they didn't run away or anything since they seemed so happy about their new state of mind (and body). Oh well... it's all down the drain.

So, when "Shintaisô (Kari)" was actually a bit too hardcore for my tastes, "Shintaisô (Shin)" is by far too tame and lame.