Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About Night Shift Nurses...
PostPosted: April 9th, 2008, 9:58 pm 
Newcomer

There are actually 10 episodes in total in the series. Because of how graphic it is with certain scenes (along with other extreme hentai that will never come over because of that) the US had only 5 episodes; though they were uncensored.

I believe they are really just random 5 episodes, or extremely cut down versions of the 10 episodes. I in fact found clips of the dub including scenes of the final episode, so more than likely it's the latter that happened.

There are actually a bunch of sequels and spin-offs (and a live action movie. yech.) concerning alternate universes, and a completely redone series (w/ changed plotline) by a different animation company. Yet they aren't canon as seen in the original 10 episodes. Obviously, these never came to the US.

Just wanted to share that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 12:54 am 
Post Master

The 5 episodes are not random or cut down at all. It just makes you think its cut down because episode 5 has a fitting ending. Those dub clips you saw were just the "Deleted Scenes" episode, which is dub-only. I don't think those scenes were included on the Japanese release either, since many of them were recycled from a previous scene.

Trust me, I know why they didn't bring the rest. The rest SUCKS ASS. It should have ended with episode 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 1:17 am 
Major Contributor

Never got into Night Shift Nurses. Always been curious about it, kinda like Bible Black, just haven't been bothered with it. And with Suncoast gone it'd be more of a pain for me to get hentai in general. Can buy online, but after Mystery of the Necronomicon, I'd much rather not unless I'm downloading from iTunes (and I'd still prefer the physical disc to downloading...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 2:30 pm 
Resident Scholar

"Nightshift Nurses" makes my stomach run wild and my eyes bleed. I couldn't bother less about how few episodes it has anywhere on this planet... the things they show are just not my kinda thing.

Post subject: Re: About Night Shift Nurses...
PostPosted: April 10th, 2008, 8:32 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
nooneknows wrote:
I believe they are really just random 5 episodes, or extremely cut down versions of the 10 episodes. I in fact found clips of the dub including scenes of the final episode, so more than likely it's the latter that happened.

Actually, the first 5 episodes released in the US are the first 5 episodes in the series (And they have currently released up to episode 7). They did, however, have deleted scenes, which I believe were used as flashback scenes in the 10th episode. That would be why you have dubbed scenes that appear in the 10th episode. I think they released a Night Shift Nurses DVD with all the deleted scenes from the first 3 episodes on it, if you wanted to take a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2008, 5:51 pm 
Major Contributor

Hasn't Anime18 released 9 episodes of Night Shift Nurses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 1:05 am 
Resident Admin

You're right. Looks like Carnal Corruption has episodes 8&9 on it. (Which begs the question why they didn't just include the last episode as well, since now they will have to release it alone...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 1:20 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
You're right. Looks like Carnal Corruption has episodes 8&9 on it. (Which begs the question why they didn't just include the last episode as well, since now they will have to release it alone...)

That's a curiousity for me as well. I'm kind of wondering about Kranke though. Only 30 minutes, so it could be episode 10...but why then is it DVD 1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 12th, 2008, 3:53 am 
Resident Admin

Kranke is a 3 episode sequel to the Night Shift Nurses series. Though just as a general comment, these 30 minutes DVDs are dirty! Especially since they aren't really priced any less than a 60 or 90 minute hentai DVD :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2008, 4:37 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Kranke is a 3 episode sequel to the Night Shift Nurses series. Though just as a general comment, these 30 minutes DVDs are dirty! Especially since they aren't really priced any less than a 60 or 90 minute hentai DVD :evil:

Agreed. That's a complaint I had about NuTech when they were around; They'd only release their hentai series 1 episode per volume. (That's why I never picked up Wordsworth from them; no mater if I bought separate volumes or the boxed set, it wasn't worth what I would have paid IMO.) Funny thing is...it wasn't their prices that stopped me from buying from their website; it was the fact that they'd only accept cards dated through 2009. I had to replace and cancel the card I'd used with them before, and the card I got to replace that is dated after that. Not really sorry they're gone now though.