Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wordsworth
PostPosted: March 29th, 2008, 7:38 pm 
Resident Scholar

Actually I'd love to say something intelligent or entertaining about "Wordsworth", but Rowena's Review already says it all.

In my short words, it's one of the best Hentai titles I have seen so far and I was positively surprised that, while being maybe one or two episodes too short, the story can stand alone without any of the sex scenes. They could have been left out or shortened to a hint of sexual intercourse and the show would still be enjoyable.

A slight minus that I noticed was the repetition of certain sequences, like Kaiser's (Ceasar's) swordfights. They show the same sequence about four times, in different encounters.
Oh, for those who need them: the subtitles are not always really accurate.

But other than Rowena, I did not find the matter of people not aging very disturbing. The Shadow king gives some explanation, and that is fine, because it seems that the subterranean Shadow realm has a different flow of time, people don't age as fast, and in the realm of the Light tribe, people do age normally - not just the Light king, but also his daughter, who, during the 20 year "time leap", has given birth to a daughter of her own (who has matured enough to have intercourse with our hero, while the hero's own daughter has only come to being 6yo or so).
No other people from around the Light king 20 years ago show up again (except for his advisor, and that guy has a reason of his own to still look the same) so I would not really call this matter a mistake of the storyteling.

Post subject: Re: Wordsworth
PostPosted: March 30th, 2008, 3:22 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
A slight minus that I noticed was the repetition of certain sequences, like Kaiser's (Ceasar's) swordfights. They show the same sequence about four times, in different encounters.

This was done a lot in the Transformers G1 series too...

I'm kind of disappointed that Nutech folded all of a sudden. If they had payed their royalties, they'd still be around; if they were still around (and they were willing to update their billing page to accept my current credit card), I'd consider buying Wordsworth...

PostPosted: March 30th, 2008, 10:54 am 
Resident Scholar

shgarland wrote:
42317 wrote:
... the repetition of certain sequences, like Kaiser's (Ceasar's) swordfights. They show the same sequence about four times...

That doesn't mean I have to like it. :lol:
Lots of series, live-action and Anime, have used this "technique" in order to save money, sure. But more intelligent editors have at least mirrored the respective scenes so they looked a little different.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2008, 9:30 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
shgarland wrote:
42317 wrote:
... the repetition of certain sequences, like Kaiser's (Ceasar's) swordfights. They show the same sequence about four times...

That doesn't mean I have to like it. :lol:
Lots of series, live-action and Anime, have used this "technique" in order to save money, sure. But more intelligent editors have at least mirrored the respective scenes so they looked a little different.

This is true. It isn't a good thing, because recycling footage this way makes it repetitive, which can hurt the series.