Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hentai that can stand as good Anime (w/o sex)?
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 3:32 am 
Regular

So, ever since november I have been on a "hentai spree", since I got tired of anime for a while (too much weak anime in a row) and hentai are usually small (2~3 episodes average), it's actually easy to catch up with lots of hentai in a month or two.

Sure most hentai is simply trashed and will never see the light of "DVD burning" or, let alone, buying (I swear if I was single I would actually consider buying a couple, but ... la la thankfully she does not even know I have been watching so many hentai >.>), in fact some hentai I delete after a couple of minutes because the art is too ugly or the "plot" makes me sick (when it manages to get into my watch list after reading the feeble attempts of review on the net), but seriously, some hentai are good, and some are even getting me a hard time pondering if I should ask my wife to watch too LOL

So I start this thread to ask you, which Hentai are good enough to stand it's ground on the Non-hentai area, for instance, would it be still good if you removed the Ecchiness? some (few, very few, none?) require some sex scenes as part of the plot, but some could probably stand it's ground with no sex at all, safe for children even!

I will quote some that I think are very good and how well I think they would go w/o the sex:

Kao no Nai Tsuki (Moonlight Lady) - as I see, most people would agree this is an ok anime. There are plenty of sex so if you remove it, it would drop from 5 episodes to perhaps 2 (lol), but I think it's still interesting enough even without the sex scenes, probably because of the artwork. The plot does require a couple of sex scenes though (the one in the first episode cliffhanger, and the last, since that was what the plot was all about anyway)

Cambrian - Easilly can survive without sex, going all the way to children safe (mild plot tweaks would be required, like how the "Cambrian virus" is spread). I liked how the Cambrians ("next" generation of humans) look so much with the Witchblades from Whichblade anime. The plot is quite interesting, a new generation is born in lab and starts spreading to overlap humans. I thought it was promissing and it even had romance! but as with most hentai, it suffered from a premature ejacula... I mean ... premature end.

Futari Ecchi - I will put this here though I think this is more like a overly ecchi anime. It was one of the only hentai my wife watched with me, and mind you, she liked it xD~ The whole fun IS at the sex scenes so it would never be children safe, but at least it's couple safe.

Ringetsu - Man has to get one of three sisters pregnant to be the next leader of the family. Cliche plot even for an hentai but hei ... switch "get pregnant" with "choose" and you have Love Hina style anime LOOOOOOOL

Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro - I'm probably biased on Tony Taka's artwork since I love his work, but this is a nice romance. The twist is that not only two girls fight for the boy they love, but they actually agree to share him (I can hear some sighs like 'I wish') ... could make an interesting 13 episode love-triangle romance with the sharing stuff and the suspense of which he will choose (common place except all anime cover the girls not liking to share, obviously ... this would be the little twist for the non-hentai plot). Can easilly survive with no sex.

Bloodshadow (Guren) - Monsters and Ninja ... usual stuff on hentai but this 3 episode hentai actually is weird: I can remember only one 1min monster rape, other than that, all episodes are pretty much not even ecchi, except at the end of each episode he have sex with one of the female heroes. Oh, my hero =p For that, and since the sex is not important, I think it could make up a good anime w/o hentai bits

Buttobi CPU - lol, I think this is a classic overly ecchi title which should not even be under "hentai", but yet very good. Reminded me a lot about Chobits. Removing the sex scenes would remove some of the fun but the "active particle" stuff could easilly be switched to something else to make it safe for children. The "PC vs MAC" war was freaking fun to watch

Oh well that's what I watched and think. Unfortunatelly I could probably come up with more "DO NOT WATCH" hentai than the ones I liked, like those above. Hmm, another thread? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 4:26 am 
Post Master

-Kite
-Mezzo Forte
-Dragon Rider
-Chimera - Angel of Death (is this even considered hentai? seems more like an M rated title to me)

The sex scenes could be removed from these and you wouldn't see any holes, and I do consider these ones good. Everything else I've seen requires sex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 4:15 pm 
Resident Scholar

I agree, Mezzo Forte and Kite could easily stand without sexual contents.
You could republish the whole thing without it and nobody would realize it because the sex is so out of place.

But I think Urotsukidôji could stand as well.
It would make a solid dark future/horror/fantasy adventure story even without sexually explicit depictions imho. I might even consider rewatching it then. But I think just recutting the whole thing would leave the impression that something was missing since there are strong connections between the story and the sex. Compared to the titles above, Urotsukidôji needs a more complete overhaul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 9:27 pm 
Regular

It's funny how Bloodshadow (Guren) is all about "demons kidnapping and raping the village woman" but yet on all three episodes there is only one 1 minute demon rape, all other sex scenes are not really related to this "plot", most of them are consensual out-of-place sex sequences in the end of each episode, like ... "please, cut these scenes out and make a non-adult anime" lol.

I mean, the plot IS demon rape, but there is none. Most hentai would jump into that plot and get 20 out of 25min or demon rape :?

Doesn't Urotsukidôji feature some gore and murder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 9:20 am 
Resident Scholar

Caiobrz wrote:
Doesn't Urotsukidôji feature some gore and murder?

Oh yes, it does.
But gore and murder is nothing sexually explicit, thus it's not Hentai if you remove the sex and rape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 11:28 pm 
Regular

I thought so, I remember seeing a scene somewhere about this Hentai where the tentacle monster or something kills the girl it rapes? dunno, that's why I never got interested into Urotsukidouji.

Another series which made me laugh (currently watching) is Daiakuji. It's quite big for a Hentai (episode 00 + 7 episodes), but it's fun and have very few rapes, most sex scenes (plenty) are the lead male "training" or "persuading" females to join his clan, if you know what I mean lol. The "training" is borderline rape (since most of the "recruited" girls don't know they were going to "train" to be sex slaves), but other than that I found it quite interesting. Removing sex scenes, those 7 episodes would drop to 1? lol ... BTW there are plenty of Dickgirls on this too, and I hate dickgirls T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 7:35 pm 
Resident Scholar

Caiobrz wrote:
I thought so, I remember seeing a scene somewhere about this Hentai where the tentacle monster or something kills the girl it rapes? dunno, that's why I never got interested into Urotsukidouji.

That might have happened with an unimportant character, you know, the people you see running away when the demons emerge from dimension portals, there's some instant raping and killing displayed in stills in order to do a bit of shocking the audience.
Other female extras were killed with a machine the purpose of which was demon summoning I think. There were a number of women tied to the machine, being penetrated by phallic devices and subsequently sucked dry.
Thinking further I remember that Müchhausen's teacher was ripped in half by the demon Kohoki, but it's not shown in detail. You only see her shadow suddenly cut in half. Not shocking, really.
Hm... and I think when the Chôjin is about to awake in a hospital, he rapes a nurse and explodes her with his omega cum load... if I remember right. Hilarious anyway. :lol:
Oh, and that kid dictator strips the skin off two women after making them lick his duck while he's watching the procreation ceremony orgy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 10:41 pm 
Regular

... in short, deaths everywhere ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 6:45 pm 
Resident Scholar

Caiobrz wrote:
... in short, deaths everywhere ><

Well, that's what it's about.
Legend has it that the Chôjin ("superman" or "Übermensch") will unite the three worlds of humans, man-beasts and demons. There are forces who don't like the idea in general and others have a feeling that this unification will not be quite what most insiders think it is - and they're right. The Chôjin destroys the three worlds and leaves a really postapocalyptic world, a hellhole, and the humans and mutants living there, most of them in a form of slavery, can only be saved by the girl Himi... and so on.

It's a gorefest where rape can become a bloody matter, but it has good elements beyond that.

Still I gave it away after a couple of years because I had lost interest. :D