Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Searching for something new. Requesting advice.
PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 12:06 am 
Newcomer

For some time now I have been searching for another truly fantastic h-game/visual novel. However, I have been having a difficult time finding a game that sticks out to me as really good. I was hoping from some input from anybody willing to provide it.

To give you all an idea of my taste in game my primary example of an excellent game (novel) would be Princess Waltz. This is my example due to these reasons (which are also the qualities I hope people will take into consideration for me):
-Deep and enthralling plot.
-Interesting and believable characters.
-Gorgeous artwork. (Beautiful environments and characters.)
-Lastly, a story and characters that you can connect with and relate to.

I'm not asking for the perfect game/novel. But, I would really find it helpful if y'all could help me out. :booyah:

(BTW: I'm not really too interested in the characters with the ENORMOUS breasts. If it can't be avoided and it meets the criteria above I would still be interested :wink: )

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Searching for something new. Requesting advice.
PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 4:21 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Hey anonymity118, welcome to the forum!

Hmm, hopefully someone more versed in B-games will be able to help you out a bit more than I can. As I have only finished three thus far (and have only played about 10 minutes of Princess Waltz) I can't really recommend too many to you. If you haven't played Brave Soul I would say that, more or less, meets your requirements. To a lesser extent I rather enjoyed Lightning Warrior Raidy, but you'll have to see if it looks interesting to you because it doesn't really have much of a story, nor does it have many characters aside from Raidy herself. At least it has a fighting system (like Brave Soul) which is always something I like.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 3:39 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome and advice.
On a separate note, I think I left a few things out in my original post that I think I should bring up for anyone who decides to be nice enough to help me out.
-Bondage + S&M are really not my thing. (If one scene, amid many others, happens to have some that's ok.)
-Something with choices is a definite plus, the more the better! (Although I don't mind not having any :wink: )
-Any kind of guro is out of the question. *shiver*

Other than these and the points I made before, that's about it. I don't attach a stigma to any other "taboo's", so anything that hasn't been mentioned is fair game!
I'm hoping that this thread will also help any other folks on the same frequency as myself regarding a game or v-novel.
Thanks in advanced!

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 3:53 pm 
Major Contributor

Welcome to the board!!! :d^_^b:

Always great to have new players in this game (figure of speech :wink: ). Hope we get to hear more from you in the future. This really is a nice board, we're all good guys and gals who get along for the most part, don't ever worry bout that. :)

P.S. If you wanna make your official intro, you can do it in the "Introductions" thread. But that's of course, if you want. No peer pressure here.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 6:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

I always stick to the classics:
- Sakura no Kisetsu (Season of the Sakura)
- May Club
- End of Summer
- First Love

Furthermore
- Dôkyûsei
- Tokimeki

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 6:11 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I always stick to the classics:
- Sakura no Kisetsu (Season of the Sakura)
- May Club
- End of Summer
- First Love

Furthermore
- Dôkyûsei
- Tokimeki

Old school late 80s/early 90s is what you love, then. That's cool, man. Myself, i'm into the 90s (all periods: early/mid/late) and the early new millenium stuff. Aside from the new stuff from Bible Black, i'm not too into the mid/late new millenium material.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 7:30 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Aside from the new stuff from Bible Black, i'm not too into the mid/late new millenium material.

Bible Black is too extreme for me. I like romance. And whackyness (Time Stripper Mako, anyone?). :D

PostPosted: January 15th, 2010, 10:09 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks for the suggestions and welcome G-Core! I'm going to be sure to look these up tonight! And I will make sure that I post on the introduction thread. It's kinda nice here anyway, less than a day and I have welcomes and replies. Makes me think there is still hope for connoisseurs such as ourselves.
Oh yeah... If you have any favorites that you find really fantastic, and maybe don't fit all of the points I made above, feel free to message me some names! :booyah: