Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 20th, 2017, 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Who posted your favoite AMV during the May contest?
42317 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Cab329 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Commondeer 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Mmsven 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
PrfsrSnapesAngel 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: 6th Contest: Voting For The Best AMV
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 7:13 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
So here is how this is going to work. Given the number of video's posted (~40) and the number of people who are going to vote, it gets a little too spread out if we have a dozen or so people voting for so many videos. So instead of voting for a specific AMV, just vote for the poster of the AMV that you liked best and just say which video of theirs you particularly liked in the thread.

I'm going to hold off on saying who's the winner of the first part of the contest till the voting ends in a week. If the voting goes well enough, I may have a, well, second place prize after the two first place prizes, but I will save that for a bit later. It depends on how the voting goes compared to my choice for winner.

All the videos posted after May 1st are eligible, and can be found in the AMV section. Every topic above Gundam AMV's has an eligible video posted in it.

Much thanks to the five of you who participated in the contest. It's greatly appreciated and makes the contests at least somewhat interesting. With 5 people we will have some competition here.

And finally, to you five who posted videos, do vote honestly. I don't care if you vote for yourself, but just do so as long as your favorite video posted in the contest ended up being by you. If someone else posted a video you liked even more then any of the ones you posted, do give them props for it.

And that's it, the second AMV contest has come to an end. Now let's see who ends up being the winners!

Post subject: Re: 6th Contest: Voting For The Best AMV
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 7:32 pm 
Resident Scholar

Is it fair (ethical?) to vote for oneself? I feel kinda reluctant...

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2008, 7:40 pm 
Resident Admin

That you may have to fight out with yourself. You could basically view all five of you voting for yourselves canceling one another out. Which would result in the same outcome as me saying, none of you vote in this contest. But at least this way there is the opportunity to vote for other people, if you liked their stuff more than anything you posted.

I guess I could go with: vote for someone else and not yourself. Which may work better in the end. Since it could more accurately point to a definite winner. Does that sound like a more agreeable setup to you?

At any rate, I have the voting setup so you can change your vote after you cast it, so no worries there, you aren't stuck with it.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 2:41 am 
Post Master

I'm honestly going to vote for myself. I have yet to see any of the other animes that the other videos are based on. So I pretty much didn't watch anything anyone else posted.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 2:56 am 
Resident Admin

lol, well I thank you for the honesty and I'm sad that you weren't able to watch any of the others. Guess we'll just leave it how it's setup in the first post and see how things go.

Edit: Whoopsy, now you can change your vote.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 4:09 am 
Post Master

I just realized there were a few I could watch, and I just watched them. I still feel mine are better though.

Makes me feel guilty...

PostPosted: June 5th, 2008, 12:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
I have yet to see any of the other animes that the other videos are based on. So I pretty much didn't watch anything anyone else posted.

What a great base for decision-making! :lol:

PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 4:56 am 
Post Master

It's been well over a week now and there's only 9 votes. If we all voted for ourselves, that means only 4 other people voted -____-

So what's going to happen?

PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 8:51 pm 
Resident Admin

Well voting didn't quite go as expected. I guess it was a little much to expect people to go through all the AMV's and chose a favorite out of them. With have a tenth vote at the end, we have a three way tie for second place...

Leaving me in a slight pickle as to what I should do. The clear winner, Commondeer, was also my choice. So instead, since he won the popular vote, I will go ahead and pick a secondary winner for the contest. Which I will now have to go back and determine...

So Commondeer, Congratulations! You're the first winner, with the second to be decided.

As an aside, I should have the other two contests done around the 18th, or so. I'll be shipping all the packages for all the contests after that in case we have some people winning in multiple contests (To save on shipping :mrgreen:)

PostPosted: June 13th, 2008, 10:34 pm 
Lurker

Nifty, I ended up winning.
Thanks to all who voted for me, I know there were some good ones out there to choose from.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2008, 6:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

Congratulations, CommonDeer. :D
Well earned.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2008, 9:41 pm 

Yes congratulations :) i'll just try even harder in future contests, but hopefully more people will vote.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2008, 6:33 pm 
Regular

Congratulations CommonDeer!

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2008, 1:22 am 
Resident Admin

Ok here's the plan. Given that 5 of you posted videos, and a lot of them were very good and some of you posted a bunch, and we had a 3 way tie for second in the voting, I am going to give everyone a prize. Mmsven is the technical second place finisher, with his Requiem from the Darkness and Kenshin AMV's, so he will receive the second Cowboy Bebop box set along with Commondeer. The other 3 of you; 42317, Cab329, and PrfsrSnapesAngel will receive the carefully chosen box set below:

Cowboy Bebop - Commondeer
Cowboy Bebop - Mmsven
Noein - Cab327
Crest of the Stars - PrfsrSnapesAngel
Gunslinger Girls - 42317

You're free to trade with other people, but I tried to chose ones I know you haven't seen, or I saw you have seen some of and liked. (Like if Mmsven bought the Cowboy Bebop box set already and 42317 is willing to trade with him, I'd have no problem switching them) PrfsrSnapesAngel you're a bit new, so that was kinda a shot in the dark, but I think you'll like it :)

Also Ai Yori Aoshi - The Bishoujo Game is another option if someone is inclined to switch to it.

Some of you I already have an address for (42317, Mmsven, Cab. You only need to send me one if it has changed) So I'll need your address to send out the packages PrfsrSnapesAngel and Commondeer.

I'm about done with both the other contests titles, so I should have the winners up tomorrow. And I'll hold off on sending anything out till we get everyone's box sets squared away.

I know it's a bit convoluted, but I figured this was the best way to set it up, rather than having everyone try and chose which one they wanted on some kind of first come, first serve basis.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2008, 1:59 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
Mmsven is the technical second place finisher, with his Requiem from the Darkness and Kenshin AMV's

Fuckin' awesome. Of the some 5 I posted, I knew I had chosen some gold. I don't have any problem with the Cowboy Bebop set since I held off buying it.