Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6th Contest: Find the Best AMV! Part 2 (Finished)
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 1:32 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Time for a couple new contests to begin, this is the first of many!

The goal:
Post AMVs in the AMV section of the forum. The two best posted will win! (One will be chosen by me, one will be voted by the forum members.)

Run Time:
1 Month, Ends May 31st at 11:59 PM EST. Should give plenty of time for anyone that wants to participate, and to those who may be interested in making videos for this contest. All AMVs posted from this point on will be entered.

Rules:
1) For an AMV to be chosen by me it must only feature scenes from titles I have seen (As per my ANN Anime List). I do NOT watch AMVs that include titles I have yet to see, or have not seen all of yet (I don't like to be spoiled).
HOWEVER, since the forum members will be voting for the second winner of the contest, it is only fair to open up that aspect of the contest to ALL AMVs, regardless of whether or not I have seen the titles included or not.
2) General posting rules apply, so make sure you post it correctly or you will just create more work for me :cry:
3) No limit on the number of videos you can post, gives you more of a chance to win! However, I do expect you to say something about the video and why you like it. I don't need people just going to YouTube and posting every AMV they can find in hopes something is good and I will like it.
4) If you are posting a video with adult material in it that is fine, just make sure to make a note of it so people who don't want to see that know not to watch it. (Any Hentai title is fair game, as I have seen so many and rarely watch them for their stories, I do not fear being spoiled in that respect.)
5) Any AMV type is eligible (Romance, Comedy, non-English music, compilation, whatever else) as long as it follows the above rules.
6) You can use whatever service you want, Youtube, Google Video, http://www.animemusicvideos.org, etc. Youtube has become rather sketchy with allowing the posting of AMVs, so you may have to get creative.
7) No AMV previously posted will be considered for the prize. (This contest is strictly for new material)

Voting Details:
Voting will take place after the deadline for posting has passed. The member voted winner must be a different member than the member of the video I chose. (To make sure we have two different winners.) As I said earlier, and will restate here, this aspect of the contest is open to every AMV ever created by man, and is NOT constrained by only titles I have seen.

The Prize:
Each winner will receive a copy of: Cowboy Bebop Remix Box Set. (Special Note: Cab329 will have a choice of a different box set, as he won the Cowboy Bebop Remix Box Set in the last contest. This only applies to him, and is, of course, only if he wins... for a third time... :shock: )

After the winners are decided I will contact you to get your addresses.

Good Luck Everyone!

Last edited by Acmurphy on May 9th, 2008, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 2:08 am 
Regular

Hmm...I haven't been watching many amv's lately...might be tough.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2008, 2:10 am 
Resident Admin

I know, I've been out of the AMV loop as well, especially for all the titles I've watched in the past 6 months or so.

Post subject: Question?
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 10:09 pm 

Does it have to be an AMV that you produced? i've seen some amazing AMV's but i can't make one myself for the life of me lol. This is my first time i would like to take part of the contest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 9th, 2008, 11:25 pm 
Regular

nah, just find one off of any site. nice to meet you by the way :D

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject: Re: Question?
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 1:28 am 
Resident Admin

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Does it have to be an AMV that you produced? i've seen some amazing AMV's but i can't make one myself for the life of me lol. This is my first time i would like to take part of the contest.

As Cab said, you don't have to make it yourself. Just whatever ones you think are really something special, or that you think we all would enjoy.

Post subject: Fushigi Yuugi
PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 5:17 pm 

OK i hope this one goes through cuz it's from YouTube but Fushigi Yuugi..dreams come true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8FdKXb0drA

I absolutely am inlove with fushigi yuugi and i think the creator of this AMV is just amazing. :)

Edit: Sorry i accidentally posted it here..i put it in the correct forum in the AMV section. Smile What can i say lol i really want that prize.

Post subject: Re: 6th Contest: Find the Best AMV! Part 2 (Open)
PostPosted: June 1st, 2008, 3:56 am 
Post Master

So what's it gonna be Aaron?

Post subject: Re: 6th Contest: Find the Best AMV! Part 2 (Open)
PostPosted: June 1st, 2008, 3:17 pm 
Resident Admin

Well the competition is closed now. Thanks to everyone who posted AMVs! I'm a little busy at the moment (school work) so when I get some free time later I will setup the voting and announce the winner of the first part of the competition (My choice for the best) and the voting will last for about a week for the second winner. So that all the visitors to the forum will have an opportunity to vote.

Edit: I didn't get to it squared away today, so I will get it all setup tomorrow.